Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next season's Championship & Betting Odds

God I am sick to death of negative Leicester fans like a bunch of spoilt kids just because it never happened last season. We start again with a strong squad that will be improved I am sure and some physical strength added to midfield and a target man and we will be up there. Not saying we will walk it but we are already doing the right thing under Nigel getting young hungry players such as Marshall in.

And I'm sick to death of overly optimistic Leicester fans who spout tripe about how good we are and how we have a God given right to promotion.

This season we have been naught but a very very average team in spite of spending a relative fortune for this division.

And I do think next season will be even more difficult.

On this forum alone folks have gone on and on about how good certain players are, or could be?

Beckford and Mills being the main two. The reality is they have been simply average. If that. Finally people appear to have accepted this.

In Marshall, Drinkwater and Morgan we now have three good players who I think will only get better.

But let's be realistic about them and see how it goes.

Constant negativity is draining, I agree, but pie in the sky, over the top positivity is equally as futile.

Balanced opinions are worth reading... See Babylon, Haydos and Raw Dykes for the best ones IMO.

Dave Jones has a lot of experience in the Championship though and we will be making BIG changes this summer. If we sign Antonio permanently you're in for a big surprise.

I am pretty sure that no one in this league fears any of the three promoted league one teams.

Not one of the two already promoted has a player with the quality of lallana or lambert.

As for the charlton fans raving about Johnnie Jackson - he wasnt any use the last time he was in the championship.

I am pretty sure that no one in this league fears any of the three promoted league one teams.

Not one of the two already promoted has a player with the quality of lallana or lambert.

As for the charlton fans raving about Johnnie Jackson - he wasnt any use the last time he was in the championship.

Fair enough, everyones entitled to their opinion.

But I wouldn't write either of us of that easily.

Fair enough, everyones entitled to their opinion.

But I wouldn't write either of us of that easily.

Im not saying they would be easy games, but if we want to gain promotion they should be as easy as they get.

But IMO promotion is really unrealistic, really think you can finish above us, (possibly) West ham, bolton, blackburn, wolves, brum, cardiff, boro, hull, leeds, forest and Brighton???

Because i honestly think we will struggle aswell.

Im not saying they would be easy games, but if we want to gain promotion they should be as easy as they get.

But IMO promotion is really unrealistic, really think you can finish above us, (possibly) West ham, bolton, blackburn, wolves, brum, cardiff, boro, hull, leeds, forest and Brighton???

Because i honestly think we will struggle aswell.

I'm not expecting promotion, I'm just delighted to be out of League One!

As for the teams you've listed, West Ham will go up, Bolton are screwed as are Blackburn, for Wolves it depends on the new manager, Birmingham's situation depends on whether Hughton stays and depends on what happens with their owners, Cardiff will be in and around the play offs, I've read on here a lot about Hull and how their owners want out possibly?, Leeds will be around the top 4 if they get the right signings in, Forest have done nothing to show that they will be anywhere near the top half next season and I think Brighton will be a top 6 club. I know that's poorly written but you get what I mean :D

It's a big if but IF Pearson gets the right signings in for you as soon as possible and gets the squad to gel, I'd have you down as a top 2 side.

It's looking like an unbelievably competitive league next season. If we make the playoffs I'll be delighted with that. My gut feeling is that we'll end up on more or less the same position - just outside the playoffs.

Is going to be a tough old season! I think the league looks the strongest it's ever looked, just my opinion! As for the odds, let's all just ignore it please!!!! I'm still hurting from the expectation of last pre-season...I'd rather not be favourites to be honest

I would also be delighted with the playoffs next season, especially with 3 huge clubs dropping into this league.

For me the most important factor for our success next season would be the depth of our squad. When we look at west ham this season they have the likes of maynard, carew and collison on the bench, with baldock not even getting a look in.

That is why in my opinion it is crucial that we get adequate cover for each position because we can afford it.

I would love us to sign the likes of chester, de laet, koren, clayton, james, stewart, tomlin, brady, vardy and heskey next season, and then ship out the players which didnt play this/last season under pearson. This season we have had a problem with numbers and quality, and i believe these players either offer something we dont have (heskey and koren) or will add strength to what we already have (vardy and chester)

Leicester

Leeds

Forest

Blackpool/West Ham

Birmingham

Wolves

Sheff Wed

Middlesbrough

Charlton

Any of these will be top 6, in my opinion.

Birmingham could struggle, rumours are that hughton may leave, and as they cannot afford to buy players they will need to get rid of a lot of their best, e.g. zigic, king, davies, burke, fahey, mutch etc.

I don't think this division is ever easy and it is always hugely difficult to predict.

But...if we, or anyone else for that matter wants to get promoted, we have to beat other teams in the division. So it makes no odds which teams are in it.

I think Pearson has only lost 7 games at home while Leicester manager. That includes both periods as manager. So a decent manager, plus the remnants of the decent squad from last season, with a handful of well chosen additions, should give us a shot at the top 6 or maybe even better.

But the truth is...we will just have to wait and see.

I don't think this division is ever easy and it is always hugely difficult to predict.

But...if we, or anyone else for that matter wants to get promoted, we have to beat other teams in the division. <b> So it makes no odds which teams are in it.</b>

I think Pearson has only lost 7 games at home while Leicester manager. That includes both periods as manager. So a decent manager, plus the remnants of the decent squad from last season, with a handful of well chosen additions, should give us a shot at the top 6 or maybe even better.

But the truth is...we will just have to wait and see.

I take your point, but there are only two automatic spots and I fancy our chances a lot better if Blackpool are in the division than West Ham...

I think people are way to harsh on the promoted clubs. Charlton will be in the top half guaranteed, and anyone can beat anyone (as always). Bolton could do well if they can hold on to a few of their players, they really were relying quite a lot on on staying up though. I can see Wolves crashing into the bottom half with this new Dutch fella. Forest could come anywhere between 4th and 24th really. Birmingham could be in the top 3 if they hold on to Hughton. Cardiff will be weaker, and we will be much stronger. Blackpool will be fighting again (I'm confident that West Ham will win on Saturday)

I wouldn't want to predict this league but if I had to I'd put Leeds down for Champions purely because of the Warnock Factor.

Guys, we all need to be aware its going to be EXTREMELY tough again next season, some massive clubs still down plus 3 big sides coming down and probably 3 x big sides coming up.

The 3 x clubs getting promoted will be just as big as the clubs that have gone down.

Playoffs would be good next year, anything better a bonus

sheff wed will storm the league taking milan mandaric up to the premiership where he will sell it on to some arab zillionaires who make man citys owners look like paupers and we will lose to charlton in the play-off final with kermogant, having finished with 37 league goals, chipping schmeichel with a penalty in the last minute. also all the players who have played so bob for us last season will be brilliant wherever they play next year, scoring against us and generally having a blinder etc.

this is my rough guess based on 30+ years supporting city and knowing what to expect.

I don't want Huddersfield up. They have one of the hottest properties outside of the Premier League in Jordan Rhodes and financially they will be the most competitive out of the League 1 teams that are in the playoffs. Grayson is a good manager too and he knows the Championship well. Stevenage and Sheffield United if promoted will probably have the smallest budgets in the division. The Blades debts are huge and they will be slashing their wage bill even if they go up. Both of them will struggle. I would happily see United promoted for that reason but obviously my preference is Stevenage. I'm ruling out MK after their loss at home to Huddersfield. I hope West Ham go up too out of the playoffs because they will undoubtedly be a strong side next year if they are still in the Championship.

I fancy us to have a good season but I think talk of promotion is off the mark. Southampton had spent a lot more money than us in League 1 and next seasons division will be much tougher than when they went up. The promoted teams (Wednesday and Charlton) are much stronger than the rubbish that got relegated to League 1 this time. Top half is achievable for us I think, and if we sign well then maybe we will have a shout of making the playoffs. We have momentum, a good Championship manager in Dave Jones, no money worries, one of, if not the best home and away support in the division, and a top young striker who is the real deal in Gary Madine. We have a lot going in our favour.

I expect Leicester to be top 6 minimum.

Glad Wednesday got promoted, love the City and going out on the p*ss up there. Looking forward to the away trip up there, rather you guys than Sheff Utd, I hate them!

Hopefully we will both be competing in the top 6. I would like Huddersfield to go up, as again I like going out on the p*ss up there, and I think they have a decent support.

However, would be nice for a ''smaller'' team like Stevenage.

Archived