Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I have been told on many times I can spot one, one of the advantages of being a prejudice twat. :ph34r:

I have had people assume I'm gay before, i put it down to wearing sta pressed chinos, ben sherman shirt and open walk suede loafers.

Matt will never be 100% sure until you have slept with him.

Just watching benefits Britain on 4OD, it's terribly blatant propaganda but still hilarious.

It makes better TV and easier for some to take in.

Did they mention this?

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/regulation/bedroom-tax-mps-claim-child-housing-subsidy/6528260.article?PageNo=1&SortOrder=dateadded&PageSize=20

Edited by Rincewind

• 2 weeks later...

Once we're done with Breaking Bad (fearing the post BB comedown) and Sopranos (late starter) what would people suggest from the following:

Dexter (heard good things but appaz from season 4/5 onwards becomes a bit of a chore)

Prison Break (quite like mindless entertainment, seems to fit the bill)

Boardwalk Empire (watched first few episodes but never really clicked. Felt too stylised)

Or any others we should consider (have obviously watched all of The Wire)?

Once we're done with Breaking Bad (fearing the post BB comedown) and Sopranos (late starter) what would people suggest from the following:

Dexter (heard good things but appaz from season 4/5 onwards becomes a bit of a chore)

Prison Break (quite like mindless entertainment, seems to fit the bill)

Boardwalk Empire (watched first few episodes but never really clicked. Felt too stylised)

Or any others we should consider (have obviously watched all of The Wire)?

Boardwalk is sensational, I'd give it another go, personally. Also, take seven hours of your life to watch Generation Kill, it's stunning.

Yeah I bought GK on your recommendation ages ago. Watched the first 3-4 and got distracted by something (am easily distracted). Will definitely finish it at some point, was very good.

And yeah BE is definitely in the running. I wasn't sure about The Wire or Breaking Bad at very first and they turned out sensationally so maybe same applies here.

The second and third series of Boardwalk were better than the first, in my opinion. And there's a fourth in the pipeline that should be good. 

Dude the 4th season started on Sunday!!

But yeah far and away Boardwalk Empire out of that lot.

Dexter is good but gets seriously frustrating for large parts.

Prison Break is good for about 1 and a half seasons.

Deadwood is a must but it's not for everyone.