Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Conrad Logan - New contract ?

A guy on TB (Leigh) listed (18/5/12) all the City players out of contract this summer - Weale, Howard, Tunchev, Oakley, Vassell ...... and Logan. All of them EXCEPT Logan, were put on the transfer list in the week. This, coupled with the fact that Logan's now on the Youth Team tour in the Far East as, "the Senior Professional" (quoted on the LCFC website). Does this mean he has been / is likely to be offered a new contract by Nige ?!

PS He also said he did not know the contract length of 3 young pros - Chamberlain, Parkes and Norburn. Chamberlain is also on the released list. Parkes is on the Youth Team tour (and played yesterday in Hong Kong in the Qualifying Round) - so looks like he has a future here (and he has built up a bit of League experience now with Burton & Brizzle R). I don't know anything about Norburn.

Nigel dosent pick keepers on the bench. Obviously conrad is happy enough not making the bench. Were not going to attract a new keeper to join, if they will never make the bench! Keep conrad, pray that kasper dosent EVER get injured!

Think we could do worse for a back up keeper, he isnt great but what can you expect for a back up keeper?

Agreed. That coupled with the fact theres a good chance he won't even be on the bench and you're not really going to find any decent keepers who will accept this arrangement.

When I've watched him pre match, he is a fairly good footballer with the ball at his feet. Anyway, I don't really feel comfortable with him as number one choice (like when Kelly was here) but as a number two/back up, he is alright. I don't think we will be able to attract an equal/better goalkeeper just to sit on the bench.

Nigel dosent pick keepers on the bench.

When the seven subs come back into play this season (I've heard they are coming back), I'm sure Logan will be selected as one of the seven.

See if Ian Andrews still wants a game and he can sit on our bench :ph34r:

Struth, I'd forgotten about him!

I don't understand all the Logan haters. He's not bad and we can't ask for much more as a back-up 'keeper. He's loyal, seemingly level-headed and doesn't moan about being second or third choice.

Logan is wank but as people have said you are going to struggle to get a decent keeper who is willing to be second choice. If Kasper did get injured (god forebid) we could always get a half decent keeper on loan.

Archived