Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Conrad Logan - New contract ?

He's been here 11 years if he can't prove himself in that amount of time he never will.

He has proved himself.

To be an able deputy.

We will not get much better as a no. 2 in the championship!

Conrad is a more than capable back up and has been very loyal to the club- I'd say he's generally a good shot stopper. I'd be happy for him to get a new contract especially with it going back to 7 subs.

I remember him looking ok in that home cup game against WBA. We got back to 1-2 and were looking good, then he dropped the easiest high ball and gifted them a goal.

Although to be fair, David James did that sort of thing regularly at the highest level and was still pretty highly thought of.

**** it, let him stay forever as No2. He obviously loves it here and what exactly do you want as a back up keeper?

It's difficult to tempt anyone to join a club in the knowledge they are going to be number 2. Logan is adequate cover for Scmeichel and should he sustain a long term injury I'm sure NP would dip into the loan market for a prem keeper who is number 2 or 3. This is what happened when he was here last time when we had Martin, Bunn and Stockdale on loan from Prem clubs.

Most clubs in this division have decent back up keepers if Logan is our number two I despair I really do.

Can you, genuinely without cheating via Google, name more than 5 back up keepers in the whole division?

How you can say "most clubs in this division have decent back up keepers" is beyond me. For one their back up keepers so they very, very rarely play, so I doubt even fans of clubs have seen enough to form an honest opinion, let alone fans of other clubs. How on earth a Leicester City fan has seen enough of, let's say Burnley's reserve keeper to say they are "decent" and better than Logan is, like I say, well beyond me.

Can you, genuinely without cheating via Google, name more than 5 back up keepers in the whole division?

How you can say "most clubs in this division have decent back up keepers" is beyond me. For one their back up keepers so they very, very rarely play, so I doubt even fans of clubs have seen enough to form an honest opinion, let alone fans of other clubs. How on earth a Leicester City fan has seen enough of, let's say Burnley's reserve keeper to say they are "decent" and better than Logan is, like I say, well beyond me.

Burnely is a bad example as Brian Jensen was their no 1 until maybe 18 months ago, but your point is valid, what keeper worth his money would come to us to sit behind Kasper, the fact Conrad is happy to stay is probably down to the fact we loan him out so much

Burnely is a bad example as Brian Jensen was their no 1 until maybe 18 months ago, but your point is valid, what keeper worth his money would come to us to sit behind Kasper, the fact Conrad is happy to stay is probably down to the fact we loan him out so much

Haha fair enough, didn't even know he was still at Burnley, sort of proving my point. After a bit of googling and wiki-ing, quite a few clubs don't even have senior back up keepers. Logan is good enough to play once or twice a year in cup competitions and sit on the bench.

Haha fair enough, didn't even know he was still at Burnley, sort of proving my point. After a bit of googling and wiki-ing, quite a few clubs don't even have senior back up keepers. Logan is good enough to play once or twice a year in cup competitions and sit on the bench.

I think the real plus point with Conrad is that he appears CONTENT to do so and doesn't make massive demands to be playing.

A decent keeper who appears happy to be number 2 and just gets on with it?

That'll do I reckon....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived