Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Scottish Independence Poll

Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?

• Yes - I want Scotland to leave the UK.
    • No - I want Scotland to stay in the UK.
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

Why do they want to leave when we have such a strong economy?

The SNP have been campaigning for independence for 50 years or more and if the polls are to be believed most Scots don't want independence.

You complain about his comments then come back with something equally ridiculous.

If you want to attack UKIP do it on policy and fact instead of silly comments lying about what they stand for.

Actually, Matt, my dig was at him and his history of anti-immigrant rhetoric; he is also a self-confessed UKIP supporter.

If you really care about UKIP's publc image, you and the party would do well to distance yourselves from the likes of that slimeball.

Actually, Matt, my dig was at him and his history of anti-immigrant rhetoric; he is also a self-confessed UKIP supporter.

If you really care about UKIP's publc image, you and the party would do well to distance yourselves from the likes of that slimeball.

Couldn't care less about UKIP's public image, only concerned about what their policy is.

Couldn't care less about UKIP's public image, only concerned about what their policy is.

Their image will deter people from listening to their policies if it is built around people like that, so maybe you should care.

Lets be honest UKIP have gone from a semi respectable anti-EU party to the latest incarnation of the BNP.

I suspect people like Bobby Anwar and Delroy Young would disagree with you.

Their image will deter people from listening to their policies if it is built around people like that, so maybe you should care.

Nope.

Leave the public image/x factor politics to the main three.

UKIP need to keep telling it like it is. That's what has attracted some support.

Who cares what public opinion and more importantly who cares what the opinion of the left is anyway? It's always skewed

This attitude makes me howl from UKIP voters, it's possibly the most retarded thing you could possibly come out with.

Who cares about public opinion in politics?! WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! How else are they going to get seats?! A military coup?!

It's not the first time you or another UKIP supporter has said something similar on here and I've said the same before, UKIP's public image and ESPECIALLY it's image with the centre and the left are vital.

Your opinion matters precisely dick because you're already a near guaranteed vote, you're already an entrenched supporter. Just as the Tories don't need to sell themselves to Webbo and Labour don't need to sell themselves to l444ry, UKIP needn't care one iota about your opinion if one or two councillors say something a bit offensive.

What they should care about and what - if I were Farage or a supporter - I'd be furious about, is moronic staffers and politicians helping the "liberal media" perpetuate the notion that the party is bigotted, incompetent and small fry. You should care if the party is completely unelectable on public opinion.

That's all politics is.

Nope.

Leave the public image/x factor politics to the main three.

UKIP need to keep telling it like they see it. That's what has attracted some support from people who already held these views.

This attitude makes me howl from UKIP voters, it's possibly the most retarded thing you could possibly come out with.

Who cares about public opinion in politics?! WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! How else are they going to get seats?! A military coup?!

It's not the first time you or another UKIP supporter has said something similar on here and I've said the same before, UKIP's public image and ESPECIALLY it's image with the centre and the left are vital.

Your opinion matters precisely dick because you're already a near guaranteed vote, you're already an entrenched supporter. Just as the Tories don't need to sell themselves to Webbo and Labour don't need to sell themselves to l444ry, UKIP needn't care one iota about your opinion if one or two councillors say something a bit offensive.

What they should care about and what - if I were Farage or a supporter - I'd be furious about, is moronic staffers and politicians helping the "liberal media" perpetuate the notion that the party is bigotted, incompetent and small fry. You should care if the party is completely unelectable on public opinion.

That's all politics is.

But UKIP don't want to be "what politicis is" How many times do people need to be told to understand that? Farage has gone on record numerous times stating he doesn't even want power on any large scale.

The Liberal media are going to portray them as that whatever happens, they have tried it with the Tories long enough so what chance do UKIP have?

But UKIP don't want to be "what politicis is" How many times do people need to be told to understand that? Farage has gone on record numerous times stating he doesn't even want power on any large scale.

The Liberal media are going to portray them as that whatever happens, they have tried it with the Tories long enough so what chance do UKIP have?

But if a large number of the population think they're loopy, useless, racist or extreme then they aren't going to really take in their lectures, let alone vote for them.

You can resist mainstream politics to an extent but UKIP clearly want to impact the public consciousness and to do that, I'm sorry pal, but they clearly need some modicum of public opinion.

Foxy's right, the biggest group of UKIP supporters already held anti-EU sentiment. Surely, whether they're elected or not, their aim is to convince those of us who are either neutral or not Euro skeptic? That doesn't work if people immediately jump to the conclusion: "can't agree with UKIP, they're nuts."

Which is a stance plenty of perfectly intelligent people will and do take because that's how they're commonly portrayed, they SHOULD care about public opinion because they DO need to.change that.

Yeah I see what you mean.

They have to play that game very carefully though, despite you saying that people are "near guaranteed votes" if they start chasing the centre ala Lab/Lib/Con they will lose a lot of the support they have got. The reason they are built a base is on speaking their minds and not answering questions in the standard way a politician does.

I want to hear my UKIP candidate saying Bongo Bongo land without a care in the World and smacking a left wing journo over the head whilst making an outrageous racism accusation at him.

They have made politics fun again for a while, they arent ever going to get into power so don't sell out.

They have a genuine chance of winning the Euro elections in May and that would be a fantastic message to send to all those leeches on the Brussels gravy train.

In 2015: Vote UKIP, get Labour.

Simple as that.

Vote for the party you agree with.

That's democracy, simple as that.

Vote for the party you agree with.

That's democracy, simple as that.

You don't disagree with my suggestion that if UKIP score votes in 2015, Labour will get in, though?

You don't need to be Nick Robinson to know that UKIP have basically broken off to from the right of the Conservatives.  If people want to express their democratic intentions, they should be informed enough to know that by voting UKIP in 2015, they will be helping to vote Labour back into office

Given where UKIP are coming from, I doubt that would be their dream scenario.

You don't disagree with my suggestion that if UKIP score votes in 2015, Labour will get in, though?

You don't need to be Nick Robinson to know that UKIP have basically broken off to from the right of the Conservatives.  If people want to express their democratic intentions, they should be informed enough to know that by voting UKIP in 2015, they will be helping to vote Labour back into office

Given where UKIP are coming from, I doubt that would be their dream scenario.

They certainly would have taken a lot of support from the Tories, but it's not all Tories voting for them, they came second in seats in the North East and they are strongholds of the Labour party with the red share plummeting. Are you right though? Maybe. I wouldn't say a Labour majority is any guarantee though, one major poll has them just 1% ahead this morning.

If the Tories their voters back from UKIP, they should have to do it through policy not with a glorifed bit of blackmail.

I'd be very upset if the right ever joined in the tactical vote rigging that the two parties on the left have engaged in for years.

What two parties on the left?

Labour is one (at a stretch) anf the Liberals are firmly in the centre.

UKIP are making in roads in Labour areas for excatly the same reasons as they are in Tory areas. Unemployment and fear.

BTW - Matt loved your reference of the Liberal Media! lol very FOX news.

They certainly would have taken a lot of support from the Tories, but it's not all Tories voting for them, they came second in seats in the North East and they are strongholds of the Labour party with the red share plummeting. Are you right though? Maybe. I wouldn't say a Labour majority is any guarantee though, one major poll has them just 1% ahead this morning.

That said, it's telling that in the latest council elections they were most successful in a place that voted like this in the last General Election :D 

Archived