Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

Couldn't be bothered getting Rangers back to the SPL? :P

Nice try ;)

It's '12 pal, I've played just about every save possible and fancied a challenge.

The board have sold my 3 best players, Griffiths to villa for £4.5million, a Czech regen, DRC, signed on a free, after 3 seasons he's got to Kobenhaven for £5million, 30% of the next sale and £1million after 10 international games.

This season may be a struggle as no-one seems interested in joining.

USA online game has seen me go from Dallas > LA Galaxy > NY Red Bulls > USA Manager > Chivas > Chicago. Have a front four of Ravel Morrison, Steven Naismith, Lukas Podolski & Andy Carroll. Oh and occasionally Hossein Kaebi. ^_^

With Jack Rodwell joining on a free, 24yo lol Kalas of Chelsea joining too. All on frees lol

What season are you in?

Schalke aren't a bad club to manage but I was nothing special for them to be honest. Generally level with Dortmund and behind Bayern. Won the 'Champions' League in about the 7th season though.

Nantes this year has been similar to last, outsiders for Europa League. Some of my signings for the money I've paid however have been incredible. £500k for some Peruvian striker who I can see being as good as Cavani/Falcao.

I'd absolutely kill for Lamela. He'd be literally the absolute perfect player for my Nantes team.

Here's to hoping PSG go and piss millions away again and stick him in the reserves.

On the subject, PSG are laughable lol they spend literally £80mil a season and they've won two titles in my six seasons so far. They should be hitting 100 points a year for what they spend.

They pretty much were dominant in my time at France, although I think if I did stick with Monaco I could have overtaken them that season. Lamela is superb, but he keeps getting injured :(. We've been on a superb run as of late, semi finals of the German Cup. Only problem is, I need to distance myself from Hannover who are in 3rd, because Leversuken have about 4 games in hand and they're only 6 points away from me. I worry if I don't get atleast top 3, I'll get the chop.

Doubt it in the first year considering you were only taken on during the season. I kept my job at Nantes despite coming 11th in Ligue 2 after saying "promotion" because they were "impressed with number of youth players brought through, and impressed with possession football" lol

Without wanting to sound smug, I've always found the Bundesliga too easy. To the extent that, even though it's probably my favourite league, I won't manage in Germany any more.

The database editors are seriously harsh on German sides, the quality drops off completely outside the top three or four and once you get Champions League revenue you can easily out-do the big clubs. Gotze has been pretty highly rated on the last few versions but otherwise the stats for the likes of Reus, Lewendowski, Muller and co' are immensely harsh.

Plus, attendances are pretty good, the league reputation is high, you've 4 CL slots, no work permits, no signing limitations, no real debt compared to the rest of Europe. 

Compared to the Premiership where you've always got Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and United that are ridiculously over-hyped (and Everton, for whatever reason) or Spain where Barca and Real stay competitive throughout? Cakewalk. 

reading this thread has reignited my FM mojo. and persuaded me to manage abroad started a new game and got a job managing AGOVV Aapelldorn in the jupiler league. really enjoying it. already qualified for the playoffs by winning period one. currently 3rd. I love this league.

reading this thread has reignited my FM mojo. and persuaded me to manage abroad started a new game and got a job managing AGOVV Aapelldorn in the jupiler league. really enjoying it. already qualified for the playoffs by winning period one. currently 3rd. I love this league.

Think I'm gonna do this when 2014 comes out. Always get tempted to start a Leicester career though.

Everton overhyped? Everton seem to go down on mine every single time lol

You ever done France, Finners? A lot of the league is piss poor but Lyon are surprisingly good and PSG, there's just no logic to them.

I had a brief go but couldn't get in to it.

To be honest, I rarely deviate from England, Spain and Germany. Hell, I rarely deviate from Leicester, Betis and St. Pauli.

I've a Sampdoria save on the go at the moment that I'm enjoying a bit. My players all want to leave because we're not "big enough" despite two consecutive second places and CL qualifications. Jeez. Love Palombo and Poli, though.

:wub:

I've actually found French to be my favourite on 13 and it's seriously bizarre because it's in theory a woeful league to manage in lol

I've not had a proper one in Italy on this. Had a season at Napoli but I don't know, not really managed anyone other than them.

I quite like Italy. No work permits but you have to be careful of foreign signings, you can have 12 substitutes named (obviously you still only use three) and only having 3 CL spots to start with doesn't bother me too much because if I stick it out for a few seasons I think Juve and I will drag the coef points up. Should be able to overtake the Bundesliga due to the above complaints. 

I must admit I went in to the database and upped the attendances of every team in Serie A, however. I couldn't stand the idea of the whole league playing in front of 30 - 60 % capacity stadiums. Especially given most of the Italian clubs are in hefty debt anyway. In my Betis save, Milan crumpled in to Serie B with money problems. 

**** the credit crunch.

I usually play with the lower lower league update and manage lewes lol. hoping that pearson gets sacked so I can get his job eventually. I wont be getting fm 14 till its half price as usual. the updates and fixes will be out by then

Archived