Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oasisedup

Leicester City: Well-Liked? Thoughts from Ukraine....

Morning all,

I got back from the Euros :englandsmile4wf: a few weeks ago and, aside from being a few pounds heavier and my wallet being a couple of thousand pounds lighter, I had an amazing time. It struck me that the reaction among other fans when they found out I was a City fan was pretty damn positive. Turns out we've got fans / admirers from deepest, darkest Donetsk to Karlstadt in Sweden, via Bradford and Chelsea.

This surprised me as I'd always thought we were seen with indifference / disdain by most of the rest of the Football League / world.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Also, for anyone who is bored of waiting for the tennis / formula one / water polo this afternoon, I've written this on the subject:

http://inbignigewetr...as-walking.html

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers. :pearson:

Good read mate.

I've got a mate who's a Forest fan, he travels with England every now and then, and always comments on how many Leicester travel with England, and that Leicester and Chelsea travel together (despite kicking seven shades out of each other away from an England match). I noticed several Leicester flags during the Euro's, one was next to a Forest flag too.

I went to the Euros too, and used the Pontus Kaamark card on many of the 20,000 Swedes in Kiev. One even mentioned Patrick Gerrbrand (I'd even forgotten about him). Foreign people's knowledge of LCFC, and English football in general astounded me.

I saw and spoke to a few lcfc fans, nice to hear we travel in numbers with England.

Btw, met some LCFC lads in a bar called 'Club 44' - so if you're on here, hi!

Cracking post, interesting point.

What are everybody elses experiences in the UK? Particularly those who don't live in the Leicester area.

In my experience, telling people I'm a Leicester fan is generally well received. I don't think we're hated too much.

Cracking post, interesting point.

What are everybody elses experiences in the UK? Particularly those who don't live in the Leicester area.

In my experience, telling people I'm a Leicester fan is generally well received. I don't think we're hated too much.

Nobody dislikes Leicester in York. Don't think i've met anyone who has said anything negative when i've told them i'm a Leicester fan

Morning all,

I got back from the Euros :englandsmile4wf: a few weeks ago and, aside from being a few pounds heavier and my wallet being a couple of thousand pounds lighter, I had an amazing time. It struck me that the reaction among other fans when they found out I was a City fan was pretty damn positive. Turns out we've got fans / admirers from deepest, darkest Donetsk to Karlstadt in Sweden, via Bradford and Chelsea.

This surprised me as I'd always thought we were seen with indifference / disdain by most of the rest of the Football League / world.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Also, for anyone who is bored of waiting for the tennis / formula one / water polo this afternoon, I've written this on the subject:

Thoughts welcome.

Did you stay out for the quarters in Kiev? Can't describe that atmosphere in the Swedish corner or whatever its called. Think we need a thread of everyone's pictures from their time out there

Morning all,

Thoughts welcome.

Did you stay out for the quarters in Kiev? Can't describe that atmosphere in the Swedish corner or whatever its called. Think we need a thread of everyone's pictures from their time out there

Good read mate.

I've got a mate who's a Forest fan, he travels with England every now and then, and always comments on how many Leicester travel with England, and that Leicester and Chelsea travel together (despite kicking seven shades out of each other away from an England match). I noticed several Leicester flags during the Euro's, one was next to a Forest flag too.

Theres nothing suprising about that though. Its the rule rather than exception. The only trouble I've ever seen was Wales away, forest v derby

Just read the blog, great read. That City flag is mine and the Southampton guy was called Tony. We took him under our wing as he was there on his own, he was a great bloke and I think he was just glad he met a group of lads to hang around with. Had a great time over there, completely the opposite to how the media painted the country and heard of no trouble at all, let alone racism. There were so many city fans over there I couldn't believe it, if we met any of you over there then it was good to see you!

Yeah that was the guy, Tony. Really nice bloke and said all good things about Leicester.

The atmosphere the whole time was unreal and I didn't see any trouble (apart from one Russian bloke in Donetsk who took exception to my mate's England shirt just after they drew with Poland). Wish I'd stayed for the quarters but duty called (I ran out of leave from work)...

Going to travel with the Leicester-supporting England contingent a bit more often I think. UTF.

I was out in Ukraine and met up with a load of Leicester Fans. The Golden Lion was a belter of a pub before the France game. We also managed to go to the Pig Bar in Donetsk with some Leicester Lads and Carlisle lads shame we didnt get us all to go there before the game the wild pig wouldn't of survived!

Like someone posted above I was in the Swedish corner after shouting Pontus Kamark in the toilets at some Swedes they loved Leicester. Though they're not a fan of a Pontus anymore because he apparently does shit TV commercial ads now in Sweden n dances round like a twat apparently. Atmosphere was quality before the Sweden Game.

BBC ****ed it up for a lot of England fans who were put off by what they watched. However "We'll do what we want, we'll do what we waaaant **** Off Sol Campbell we'll do what we want!

Leicester were well travelled out in Ukraine !

Watto just seen your post above mate.....

Just read the blog, great read. That City flag is mine and the Southampton guy was called Tony. We took him under our wing as he was there on his own, he was a great bloke and I think he was just glad he met a group of lads to hang around with. Had a great time over there, completely the opposite to how the media painted the country and heard of no trouble at all, let alone racism. There were so many city fans over there I couldn't believe it, if we met any of you over there then it was good to see you!

T-Bone Tony what a ledge!

I was out in Ukraine and met up with a load of Leicester Fans. The Golden Lion was a belter of a pub before the France game. We also managed to go to the Pig Bar in Donetsk with some Leicester Lads and Carlisle lads shame we didnt get us all to go there before the game the wild pig wouldn't of survived!

Like someone posted above I was in the Swedish corner after shouting Pontus Kamark in the toilets at some Swedes they loved Leicester. Though they're not a fan of a Pontus anymore because he apparently does shit TV commercial ads now in Sweden n dances round like a twat apparently. Atmosphere was quality before the Sweden Game.

BBC ****ed it up for a lot of England fans who were put off by what they watched. However "We'll do what we want, we'll do what we waaaant **** Off Sol Campbell we'll do what we want!

Leicester were well travelled out in Ukraine !

Watto just seen your post above mate.....

T-Bone Tony what a ledge!

Alright Oakesy! Had a cracking time with you boys over there, need to arrange some more England aways, starting with Poland? Cheap flights at the min! Let me know fella!

Glad we travel in numbers and support the country. But i always find leicester met with indifference or hate. And i take the hate as a compliment means we must be doing something right. Hate this 2nd club or we like you. Dont want to be liked. Everyone hates utd for a reason.

Archived