Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

winger?

Going to have a rant about people wanting a winger..

We have many people who play wing or fit ino the role..

Marshall, Dyer, Gallagher..

Danns, Drinkwater, Sclupp, Waghorn, Konchesky, Kennedy & Nugent.. Who Can Play Wide If Need..

So stop moaning we need a winger, Pearson wants a smaller squad with fight for places..

So new centre defender is needed, could be Chester.. De Laet can play Across the back four with Liam Moore as back up..

Rant over... ;)

No, we do need a winger. All the ones who you've listed as 'suitable' starting from Danns onwards will never be comfortable in that position. For me, we only have two, maybe three who are comfortable there. Vardy, Gallagher and Dyer. Marshall is a 'winger', but he's always looked better for us playing just behind the strikers in a CAM kind of role.

Gallagher is not a winger. Dyer is a winger who is very erratic.

Marshall appears to be a good crosser, and has an excellent shot on him, so he is fine.

We do need a winger, preferably a left-sided one.

Danns, Drinkwater, Sclupp, Waghorn, Konchesky, Kennedy & Nugent.. Who Can Play Wide If Need..

So stop moaning we need a winger, Pearson wants a smaller squad with fight for places..

If we want to fight for promotion we need players that play where they naturally can play, not putting them out of there position.

So new centre defender is needed, could be Chester.. De Laet can play Across the back four with Liam Moore as back up..

Rant over... ;)

Dyer and Gallagher are not good enough.

Danns and Drinkwater are both central midfielders and while they can both cover in wide positions, we have tried it before and it wasn't right.

Schlupp, Waghorn and Nugent are forwards. Last season we saw Nugent looked out of position wide left/right, so why do it again?

Kennedy and Konchesky are full backs, and I doubt they have the pace or ability to beat opposition full backs on a regular basis.

I will moan about a winger, we need one. We needed two last season, Sven brought none and Pearson brought Marshall. Marshall is good enough, I have confidence in him, but I don't have confidence in Gallagher and while Dyer is decent as an impact sub, his end product is poor and he only runs at people when he feels like it.

New left winger!

We need a new lefty danns was poor when sven played him in the position ! Whole new player in his prefered position! Why make do with what you have which leads to weaknesses than spend 1 mill for example and have a stronger team the goals or assists that come from the player could mean promotion or no promotion!!

We need a lefty

Thread closed

If we want to fight for promotion we need players that play where they naturally can play, not putting them out of there position.

Yep. Although it's also good to have a few that can play elsewhere in an emergency. I've never liked the square pegs in round holes approach in a starting 11 except for emergency cover. I'd like to see another winger for cover but it's not absolutely essential at this point

VARDY IS A WINGER!!!

:dry:

He's a striker. He was the top scorer in the BSP last year - how many wingers are leading goalscorers in the league?

I really can't see why you think Vardy is a winger, he may be able to play wide but his main position is striker. End of.

:dry:

He's a striker. He was the top scorer in the BSP last year - how many wingers are leading goalscorers in the league?

I really can't see why you think Vardy is a winger, he may be able to play wide but his main position is striker. End of.

It's not end of, if you'd read the Fleetwood comments about him such as "just as good playing as a left winger as he is a striker" you might think differently. He played in several positions for them.

We definitely need a winger, no doubt about it, can't stand using central players/full backs on the wing, it's terrible.

Natural winger with FLAIR, ability to beat a man, get the odd goal and deliver a decent ball.

We only have one and that's Marshall.

It's not end of, if you'd read the Fleetwood comments about him such as "just as good playing as a left winger as he is a striker" you might think differently. He played in several positions for them.

But I imagine his main role was to play up-front. Fair enough, he may be capable of playing out wide but then you could say that Drinkwater is able play out wide - was he effective there last season? No. Vardy will be more effective if you play him in the middle and give him the service. Just because a player can play somewhere doesn't mean you should play him there.

Vardy is clearly a goalscorer and if he's able to make the step up to the championship I want him down the middle not wasted as a winger lumping the ball into the box.

But I imagine his main role was to play up-front. Fair enough, he may be capable of playing out wide but then you could say that Drinkwater is able play out wide - was he effective there last season? No. Vardy will be more effective if you play him in the middle and give him the service. Just because a player can play somewhere doesn't mean you should play him there.

Vardy is clearly a goalscorer and if he's able to make the step up to the championship I want him down the middle not wasted as a winger lumping the ball into the box.

You obviously didn't read the post where I said their fans say he's equally good at both. Comparing against Drinkwater is ridiculous as he's a cm and nothing more.

Many of Vardys goals were scored from deep, cutting in from the left, or getting in behind defenders.

He's a winger and a striker, their fans said so and they know more about him than you.

You obviously didn't read the post where I said their fans say he's equally good at both. Comparing against Drinkwater is ridiculous as he's a cm and nothing more.

Many of Vardys goals were scored from deep, cutting in from the left, or getting in behind defenders.

He's a winger and a striker, their fans said so and they know more about him than you.

Okay I see your point, but I think what people are looking for when they say 'winger' is someone who will cross the ball and supply the strikers. The position you've described basically seems to be him being a striker but starting out wide - I don't really think this is the traditional winger role that most people have in mind.

For me, this job is still a striker it's just an alternative way of doing it. I think Nugent did this for Portsmouth but I'm sure most people would still regard him as a striker.

Perhaps we should play without traditional wingers if this plan is so effective, just have a load of strikers on the pitch.

Play 4-2-4 lol

Vardy - Futacs - Beckford - Nugent

Archived