Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Deeply uninspiring summary so far - brought to you by Captain Shrapnel

I never miss the point - I do prefer to be obtuse when a lame argument like 'we once won the World Cup with an unfancied team therefore Leicester City must have a chance under the Alf Ramsay like Nigel Pearson' become all we have to hang our new season on though!!!

Sounds as though you are just an arrogant twat seenitall that can't accept that someone else has the right to make a suggestion. You are missing the point, however, because you initially assumed I was comparing the current crop of players to the 66 squad, when infact I was comparing the fact that underdogs can out perform favourites when a team works better as a unit than individuals. That has been the problem at Leicester over the last two seasons. I believe Pearson will produce a better team in the sense of togetherness, wanting to play for Leicester and giving it a real good go. Whether that will be good enough only time will tell.

Or not

Exactly.... but I'm not the one suggesting they are all great. I am reserving judgement until I have seen them play, you and your friends on the other hand seem to have written every last one of them off as crap already.

I reiterate... The thread has generated many responses similar to those arising if anybody criticised Sven.

No it got the same response because it's as ridiculous as some of the Sven bashing was.

The point I was making here is that anything posted of a negative nature, especially if not backed up with much of substance then.... The knives get sharpened once more.. Usually by the same crowd.

Writing off players before they have even kicked a ball deserves the come back.

No it got the same response because it's as ridiculous as some of the Sven bashing was.

Writing off players before they have even kicked a ball deserves the come back.

The 'bashing' that you speak of was primarily for those daring to question Sven. Look how that turned out....

I trust Pearson to improve us, which must be a task made more difficult given the circumstances he appears to be in. But if I or anyone chooses to question some aspects of his tenure, then I/we will as this is a football forum.

I questioned Pearson for not signing a striker in the Jan transfer window. Now I'm starting to think that our midfield still looks weak. So I'll suggest it. I also questioned the use of a paper thin midfield away at Millwall last season, a loss which effectively rendered the season over. Sorry if you or anyone else doesn't like it.

The 'bashing' that you speak of was primarily for those daring to question Sven. Look how that turned out...

No no no there is questioning someone (many people managed to question Pearson and Sven in a sensible manner), and then there is the relentless bashing, making stuff up to suit stuff you get from a certain percentage. For me there is a big difference in "I'm not sure the players we've signed are good enough" and "none of the signings improve the team".

Im sorry Babs but I think your relentless defence of successive managers borders on the extreme.

I like Pearson, I trust him to improve us. But I'm not beyond questioning him, as I did with Holloway, going back many seasons, and Sven. You simply seem to want to dismiss any real analysis of any of the managers we have had in recent years, until they have actually left.. As you have done since with Sven. I'd rather put my points of view over, both positive and negative, as I see things unfold.

Im sorry Babs but I think your relentless defence of successive managers borders on the extreme.

I like Pearson, I trust him to improve us. But I'm not beyond questioning him, as I did with Holloway, going back many seasons, and Sven. You simply seem to want to dismiss any real analysis of any of the managers we have had in recent years, until they have actually left.. As you have done since with Sven. I'd rather put my points of view over, both positive and negative, as I see things unfold.

A relentless defence against over the top negativity and made up "facts".

You think "real analysis" of a manager is writing off his signings before you have seen them play? Real analysis would be expressing concern and waiting to see them play. Not the "we're doomed" attitude certain posters on here constantly spout.

Go back to the original post and read the first two lines and tell me that's a fair analysis. The players we have lost were not quality for us, and those coming in could very well improve us as nobody has seen them play.

Lets wait and see eh? although I do worry about money avilablre to the gaffer

There's dough there, just not as much as was given to Sven last summer and rightly so. We've still spent £3 million this summer on Vardy, De Laet and James. That is more than most teams at this level are spending. Thankfully the one area Pearson is astute at is the transfer market. If you look at what he's done since he's come back, he's averaging around a million pound a player (Morgan, Marshall, Drinkwater and the 3 this summer) that's still good money being put up by the Thai's. We've made a massive loss on Mills, but saved on his hefty wages long term and we've got a mediocre price for Bamba, it doesn't seem to me that the Thai's have put the cheque book away at all. Nigel would be willing to spend £2.5 million on Chester if he could get him and not much less than that on Stewart so it's only a matter of time before we see us flex our muscle in the market.

A relentless defence against over the top negativity and made up "facts".

You think "real analysis" of a manager is writing off his signings before you have seen them play? Real analysis would be expressing concern and waiting to see them play. Not the "we're doomed" attitude certain posters on here constantly spout.

Go back to the original post and read the first two lines and tell me that's a fair analysis. The players we have lost were not quality for us, and those coming in could very well improve us as nobody has seen them play.

Exactly my point.

The players we have lost may well have been quality players in a team that has a full pre season to prepare itself.

Mills and Bamba may have been a solid centre back partnership, together with Morgan in the mix. Who knows? There are a number of people who think that Mills may well go on to have a good season with Bolton.

You don't think that.. No problem... That's your opinion. Others might think it and might not agree with you. I personally feel Bamba to be a better all round player than SSL for example.

And I'm sure I read that the OP was claiming Pearson may well be a genius for improving morale? Was he not?

I say again, there are different opinions out there to yours... Some of which will disagree with you on Pearson's managerial decisions.

However, as you appeared to do with Holloway and Sven, you seem to simply dismiss any alternative view, unless it's 'factually correct.'

If you require facts, not opinion, go back to a previous thread which demonstrated that Mills, stats wise, was actually our best 'defender' when he played.

I believe that Pearson has done right in selling the aforementioned players. But I'm not going to jump down the throats of those that don't.

Exactly my point.

The players we have lost may well have been quality players in a team that has a full pre season to prepare itself.

Mills and Bamba may have been a solid centre back partnership, together with Morgan in the mix. Who knows? There are a number of people who think that Mills may well go on to have a good season with Bolton.

You don't think that.. No problem... That's your opinion. Others might think it and might not agree with you. I personally feel Bamba to be a better all round player than SSL for example.

And I'm sure I read that the OP was claiming Pearson may well be a genius for improving morale? Was he not?

I say again, there are different opinions out there to yours... Some of which will disagree with you on Pearson's managerial decisions.

However, as you appeared to do with Holloway and Sven, you seem to simply dismiss any alternative view, unless it's 'factually correct.'

If you require facts, not opinion, go back to a previous thread which demonstrated that Mills, stats wise, was actually our best 'defender' when he played.

I believe that Pearson has done right in selling the aforementioned players. But I'm not going to jump down the throats of those that don't.

This.....

Sounds as though you are just an arrogant twat seenitall that can't accept that someone else has the right to make a suggestion. You are missing the point, however, because you initially assumed I was comparing the current crop of players to the 66 squad, when infact I was comparing the fact that underdogs can out perform favourites when a team works better as a unit than individuals. That has been the problem at Leicester over the last two seasons. I believe Pearson will produce a better team in the sense of togetherness, wanting to play for Leicester and giving it a real good go. Whether that will be good enough only time will tell.

Can't argue with the arrogant twat bit, quite happy to read your suggestions, perhaps there should be a button at the bottom of posts where you can indicate whether or not you only want people who agree with you to read/post your posts. Babylon would love it.

Can't argue with the arrogant twat bit, quite happy to read your suggestions, perhaps there should be a button at the bottom of posts where you can indicate whether or not you only want people who agree with you to read/post your posts. Babylon would love it.

Haven't you got any more made up quotes from Pearson to troll about today?

Can you name the twenty players he has got rid of?

Well considering that wasn't the comment you originally made about it I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

"it must be around 20" Not 20, around 20...

Abe

Bamba

Mills

Weale

Oakley

Howard

Moussa

Johnson

Cirnic

Vassell

Fernandes

Pantsil

Ball

Teixeira

And here are 14 off the top of my head not even including any younger lads we've got rid of.

Well considering that wasn't the comment you originally made about it I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

Abe

Bamba

Mills

Weale

Oakley

Howard

Moussa

Johnson

Cirnic

Vassell

Fernandes

Pantsil

Ball

Teixeira

And here are 14 off the top of my head not even including any younger lads we've got rid of.

Tunchev,

Berner,

Elliott Chamberlain

Oliver Norburn

Peltier (has he gone yet?)

Edit: Can we include Delfouneso, as technically Pearson got rid of him too...

Abe

Bamba

Mills

Weale

Oakley

Howard

Moussa

Johnson

Cirnic

Vassell

Fernandes

Pantsil

Ball

Teixeira

He says from the first team squad, or implies it. 14 isn't around 20, it's around 13 or 15. Was texmex really in the first team squad? Johnson and Ball were loans and Fernando begged to be let out - I ,am like you Babylotion, I need facts and I expect to get them from our manager. Happy to stand accused of making up the quote or even being wrong, but I couldn't see how he got to 20 either. Perhaps he hated Mills so much it felt like 6 players had gone after he left?

He says from the first team squad, or implies it. 14 isn't around 20, it's around 13 or 15. Was texmex really in the first team squad? Johnson and Ball were loans and Fernando begged to be let out - I ,am like you Babylotion, I need facts and I expect to get them from our manager. Happy to stand accused of making up the quote or even being wrong, but I couldn't see how he got to 20 either. Perhaps he hated Mills so much it felt like 6 players had gone after he left?

Are you seriously getting the hump because our manager said 'about 20' players have left the club? It was a throwaway comment in an interview in which he was generalising that we've let quite a few players leave the club. Which we have.

FFS!

Here's what Pearson actually said.

"We had an awful lot of players last season. It must be around 20 who have left since I arrived back."

Abe

Bamba

Mills

Weale

Oakley

Howard

Moussa

Johnson

Cirnic

Vassell

Fernandes

Pantsil

Ball

Teixeira

Delfouneso

Tunchev,

Berner,

Elliott Chamberlain

Oliver Norburn

Have all left since Pearson returned. Only you can see a problem with this. He doesn't say first team players! Ball wasn't a loan, was he? Besides, who cares? When a player on loan leaves, he leaves.

So, there's no problem here. You'll have to look for some other thing to moan about, or to save time, why don't you just make something else up like you have done yesterday and the day before?

Again, that was not your original point...

Tripe - the counting is a swipe at him saying he has reduced the first team squad by 20 players when it will be more like 3 or 4

Add to my 14 Tunchev, Berner and the younger lads and you are up to 18. Which is around, unless you are a pedantic and attempting to needlessly attack the manager.

Point proved Col....

Archived