Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Deeply uninspiring summary so far - brought to you by Captain Shrapnel

To me this thread is typical of many similar ones that were posted pre season under Sven. The same thing happened very frequently in terms of instant dismissal of any posts suggesting that Sven perhaps wouldn't do the job that most thought he would.

'Moosebreath' gives both sides of the debate as far as I can see. He isn't saying that Pearson will be sacked and is even suggesting that he could be a genius with what he's doing. So why all the vitriol?

What I would say is that it's just far too soon to tell. Pearson may bring in other targets... His selections may work or they may not. But he's got to be given at least the same amount of time that was afforded Sven to be able to change the fortunes of the team.

However, simply dismissing the other side of the debate.. that, on paper at least, our squad doesn't look particularly strong at present, is to simply reify Pearson rather than to consider where we do need strengthening. I have said now a few times that I don't want to see us starting next season with a midfield containing Gally, King and Dyer.

Forget the defence, it's the midfield that needs to be toughened up and made more creative IMO.

But there's time.... It's too soon to be getting worried, or overly excited. The squad, at present at least, doesn't excite me to be honest. I think we need a couple of players of real quality at this level to make the whole thing gel. And I hope to see them brought in over the coming weeks.

To me this thread is typical of many similar ones that were posted pre season under Sven. The same thing happened very frequently in terms of instant dismissal of any posts suggesting that Sven perhaps wouldn't do the job that most thought he would.

'Moosebreath' gives both sides of the debate as far as I can see. He isn't saying that Pearson will be sacked and is even suggesting that he could be a genius with what he's doing. So why all the vitriol?

What I would say is that it's just far too soon to tell. Pearson may bring in other targets... His selections may work or they may not. But he's got to be given at least the same amount of time that was afforded Sven to be able to change the fortunes of the team.

However, simply dismissing the other side of the debate.. that, on paper at least, our squad doesn't look particularly strong at present, is to simply reify Pearson rather than to consider where we do need strengthening. I have said now a few times that I don't want to see us starting next season with a midfield containing Gally, King and Dyer.

Forget the defence, it's the midfield that needs to be toughened up and made more creative IMO.

But there's time.... It's too soon to be getting worried, or overly excited. The squad, at present at least, doesn't excite me to be honest. I think we need a couple of players of real quality at this level to make the whole thing gel. And I hope to see them brought in over the coming weeks.

Do elaborate where there's two specific sides to this trolling post.

Oh-oh, using the famed word of gel/gelling. A word or words to that effect which only one season ago would have you pulling your eyes out, as true professionals don't need time to gel.

Though I'm glad to see that there was not one mention of Mr. B. congrats. :thumbup:

I'm not Pearson's biggest fan. I personally would like to see a different brand of football. However I think the signings this year are better. We still have a very good squad and the young players have good desire. The more I think about our prospects for next year the more confident I become. I hope the young players are able to play the right way and get results right away. Otherwise I fear that if results are not forthcoming we may be destined to watch a lot of long ball- especially away from home. I think the squad has a very nice balance, and with a good bit of luck to begin with, I think we could do very well. But lets not forget we are in a competitive league, so expectations must be grounded. I'm hoping for, and expect, a solid play-off position.

Because he's talking a load of cods wallop that's why.

"loads of good quality players who NP isn't capable of effectively managing"

Who are these lots of quality players? We've lost two people people remotely high profile in Bamba and Mills, both of whom were average at best. And Mills didn't even play for half of last year, so we've lost Bamba from our starting 11 currently.

"no-one who you could say definitely improves the team"

Who the hell knows whether they will or won't improve the team. Can you say with 100% certainty that they are all useless? No.

"How does he think he is going to improve on last season with a marginally worse team?"

Again, have you seen the new team play? The squad might be lower in numbers, but it's quite possible the additions could improve the starting 11.

Who are these lots of quality players? We've lost two people people remotely high profile in Bamba and Mills, both of whom were average at best. And Mills didn't even play for half of last year, so we've lost Bamba from our starting 11 currently.

Who the hell knows whether they will or won't improve the team. Can you say with 100% certainty that they are all useless? No.

"How does he think he is going to improve on last season with a marginally worse team?"

Again, have you seen the new team play? The squad might be lower in numbers, but it's quite possible the additions could improve the starting 11.

Or not

I reiterate... The thread has generated many responses similar to those arising if anybody criticised Sven.

The OP was not attempting to substantiate all of his comments.

On paper alone, the squad that Pearson has generated thus far does not, I would suspect, fill people with as much excitement as Svens did.

However, for my feelings on Pearson see the 'how much time' thread.

The point I was making here is that anything posted of a negative nature, especially if not backed up with much of substance then.... The knives get sharpened once more.. Usually by the same crowd.

Yeah, slating Pearson for getting rid of certain players and also criticising his signings.

And also by suggesting he could be a genius?

Out:

- loads of good quality players who NP isn't capable of effectively managing

In

- no-one who you could say definitely improves the team

Unless there is lots more in the pipeline, which there doesn't seem to be, NP is either a genius or an idiot. How does he think he is going to improve on last season with a marginally worse team? Maybe he's a genius and has got rid of all negative influences allowing remaining players to flurish, or maybe he's an idiot whose inability to man-manage difficult but good players will be the ultimate undoing of his managerial career.

Don't worry, it has been slow but the autumny and wintery will be better! Then next springy we'll hit the big time!

Surely it's about assembly a TEAM - not a set of individuals. NP has a good record of creating teams that are hard to beat, well organised, fit and have battling qualities. Just what we appreciate at Leicester, the Foxes never quit mentality. Far too often over the past 24 months heads have gone down far too quickly.

The England 1966 World Cup squad had low expectations at the beginning of the tournament, but came together to prove a great team is better than a team of individuals.

Surely it's about assembly a TEAM - not a set of individuals. NP has a good record of creating teams that are hard to beat, well organised, fit and have battling qualities. Just what we appreciate at Leicester, the Foxes never quit mentality. Far too often over the past 24 months heads have gone down far too quickly.

The England 1966 World Cup squad had low expectations at the beginning of the tournament, but came together to prove a great team is better than a team of individuals.

Thank God we have players as good as Hurst, Stiles, Moore, Banks Ball and Charltons etc - forget the Championship, we could win the World Cup

Thank God we have players as good as Hurst, Stiles, Moore, Banks Ball and Charltons etc - forget the Championship, we could win the World Cup

He wasn't saying that though, he was looking at the similarities.

It's relative, I'm not comparing the quality of the players, but the team ethics - I'm saying our players are not world beaters, just like the 1966 squad, but through great team work, that's exactly what they become. It could be the same this year - no great expectations, but a favourable outcome.

He wasn't saying that though, he was looking at the similarities.

What similarities - a team of the best players in the country nearly 50 years ago v a team of unknown cheap signings with the odd bit of madness thrown in (Vardy) from a manager who lost his mojo 2 years ago - dead similar

You're missing the point Seenitall - I'm saying that no one had any great expectations from a distinctively average squad in 66, but through a very good manager who installed a great team ethic they over performed and won the ultimate prize. I'm not comparing the quality of the players, but the situation. All I'm saying is that sometimes team ethics and togetherness outshine individuals and just maybe this Leicester team will out perform those of the last 2 years who, by many, were perceived to be good.

Not like you to have no good comeback during an argument and reply instead with a load of bollocks that you think makes you seem intelligent.

I can remember all the uninspiring buys M O'Neill made, I mean Muzzy Izzet, Neil Lennon, Matt Elliott, Ian Marshall and Steve Claridge amongst them, what manager in their right mind would buy these sort of players.

Not like you to have no good comeback during an argument and reply instead with a load of bollocks that you think makes you seem intelligent.

God you're great

You're missing the point Seenitall - I'm saying that no one had any great expectations from a distinctively average squad in 66, but through a very good manager who installed a great team ethic they over performed and won the ultimate prize. I'm not comparing the quality of the players, but the situation. All I'm saying is that sometimes team ethics and togetherness outshine individuals and just maybe this Leicester team will out perform those of the last 2 years who, by many, were perceived to be good.

Maybe they will

Still wrong if its meant to be summary, 'Deeply *Uninspiring Summary So Far' - Two spelling mistakes or one spelling mistake and a tautology, take your pick.

Two wrongs don't make a right

I never miss the point - I do prefer to be obtuse when a lame argument like 'we once won the World Cup with an unfancied team therefore Leicester City must have a chance under the Alf Ramsay like Nigel Pearson' become all we have to hang our new season on though!!!

Archived