Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Christophe Berra

I honestly don't think he would

I honestly think he would.

I agree with Foxfanazer.

Given what we've seen this pre season I will be surprised if Pearson spends three million on one player.

Even if he had the money to I'd still be surprised.

He does like a bargain and seems to prefer pay not a lot and develop his own.

I very much doubt he has the option if he wants to bring in anymore on top of the players he has already signed, both in January and so far this summer. I bet these "bargain buys" add up to fare sum when you add in agents fees and wages.

I dont rate him or A Gerrard come on nige is there nobody else?

Any ideas?

( is papa diop released from west ham still on a free would do a great job as cover as a DM i know its off topic just idea)

If Pearson believes the player is worth the money , then he will spend it.

This should have been made clear when we broke the non-league record for signing vardy.

Just because we have the money does not mean that we need to spend it. NP will decide on a deal to deal basis what a player is worth and that is why he hasnt offered a ridiculous £5 million for chester, unlike the ridiculous fee we paid for mills.

I dont rate him or A Gerrard come on nige is there nobody else?

Any ideas?

( is papa diop released from west ham still on a free would do a great job as cover as a DM i know its off topic just idea)

yes hes is would love him here i would like wilson on loan liverpool

cant see berra coming here think he will go to southhamton because of the premeir league and dont think he would get first team at stoke and if he didnt mind being in the championship why would he ask to leave wolves

When the guy said if Nigel had the budget he would spend three million on one player - there is not a manager in the world who wouldn't. Perhaps you thought by 'budget of £3m' he meant £3m to spend altogether.

I hope you can work that out now.

I can work it out fine thanks. Just don't agree

I honestly don't think he would

So you think if someone said you have £20m to spend, he would just stick to people under £3m? What's your reasoning?

Pearson has never been given a budget big enough to go and blow that kind of money. So I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

He likes players where he can see value. He won't over pay like we did for mills. He likes players with the right attitude as well. You can still purchase players who give you value with a good attitude for over £3m.

So you think if someone said you have £20m to spend, he would just stick to people under £3m? What's your reasoning?

Pearson has never been given a budget big enough to go and blow that kind of money. So I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

He likes players where he can see value. He won't over pay like we did for mills. He likes players with the right attitude as well. You can still purchase players who give you value with a good attitude for over £3m.

Is it the case that Pearson has never had a decent amount of money to spend? Is that the case now? I really don't know... I wonder if he really fancied a player priced at say 4 million, could he go to the Thais and they stump up the cash? I'm not convinced they wouldn't? But that's just conjecture.

I cannot recollect Pearson, either for Hull or for City spending big money on any player? As somebody mentioned earlier, he's happy to buy players and spend across the squad, but I can't think he's ever spent 'big' on any one player?

I may be wrong?

Is it the case that Pearson has never had a decent amount of money to spend? Is that the case now? I really don't know... I wonder if he really fancied a player priced at say 4 million, could he go to the Thais and they stump up the cash? I'm not convinced they wouldn't? But that's just conjecture.

I cannot recollect Pearson, either for Hull or for City spending big money on any player? As somebody mentioned earlier, he's happy to buy players and spend across the squad, but I can't think he's ever spent 'big' on any one player?

I may be wrong?

He hasn't because he didn't have the money first time here or at Hull.

Has he know who knows. But in a time of FFP, us being massively in debt, with one of the biggest wage bills already... I would say its unlikely.

It's a pointless argument.

Kyle was a Sven loanee mate.

Even Naughton wouldn't fit into the Pearson mould of defender I don't reckon. Nige likes his defenders defending and his wingers attacking.

Naughton could get forward too much for Pearsons liking?

I believe Pearson was after Naughton on loan in Jan 2010 - he ended up going to Middlesborough.

Archived