Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Twitter Thread Numero Who Cares!

If our promotion chances hinge on Waghorn being one of our main strikers, I'll settle for mid table now

You see that bit in bold you quoted where it says he has a better record across his three spells under Nigel than Beckford has above League One, that's true. Your opinion based on anything other than liking one and disliking the other?

Something other than.....

"I like Beckford and think he score loads next year"

and

"Why do you think he will score loads next year when he only scored 9 last year?"

......would be nice.

lol

:thumbup:

The main reason why I wouldn't be bothered about Beckford leaving is because I don't think we have signed a good enough passing midfield to play exactly to his strengths. I think the midfield will be not bad, but I'll be surprised if its great.

I still wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Pearson wants to sell Beckford. But it could just be crappy rumours again.

You see that bit in bold you quoted where it says he has a better record across his three spells under Nigel than Beckford has above League One, that's true. Your opinion based on anything other than liking one and disliking the other?

Actually it doesn't. Waghorn has done the square root of fook all above Championship level where as Beckford had a season in the PL where his goals to starts ratio was worth it's salt. Neither have covered themselves in gold at this level but I'm more confident in Beckford than Waghorn as Jermaine looks to be more prolific naturally.

The main reason why I wouldn't be bothered about Beckford leaving is because I don't think we have signed a good enough passing midfield to play exactly to his strengths. I think the midfield will be not bad, but I'll be surprised if its great.

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record... but James... Knockaert, can we watch them play first please.

I know it's true - but that is in the past. I know you like Waghorn, but I have seen little in his development over the past 12 months to fill me with any confidence that he is to be a potent striker for Leicester. Unlike Beckford who has scored goals in the Premiership, fact, Waghorn was obviously not thought good enough by Sunderland to suggest he could make it at that level. Pretty astute by Mr. Bruce, who hasn't shown any interest in taking him to Hull, even though he's bought a couple of strikers.

I know it's true - but that is in the past. I know you like Waghorn, but I have seen little in his development over the past 12 months to fill me with any confidence that he is to be a potent striker for Leicester.

He has played 7 games in the last 12 months due to injury, I'm not surprised you've seen little development.

He has played 7 games in the last 12 months due to injury, I'm not surprised you've seen little development.

Fair play to you Mark.

You're defence of Waggy is relentless.

What is it about the player that makes you believe he's still got a major role to play at City.

Most posters seem to think he's very average?

Fair play to you Mark.

You're defence of Waggy is relentless.

What is it about the player that makes you believe he's still got a major role to play at City.

Most posters seem to think he's very average?

Well the majority of Foxes Talk not rating him is part of what gives me such confidence, also his record under Pearson and all of the previous arguements I've put forward had a bit to do with it.

Waghorn's had one good season under Pearson. Followed by two poor one's. OK he got injured half through last season, but what did he do before that - if you say he wasn't playing, ask why?

First Season - Very good under Pearson.

Second Season - Played mainly on the wing or brought on with little time to make an impact.

Third Season - Injured practically all season, still managed 2 league goals in his 6 starts which isn't really that bad.

Not saying he's deffinetly going to be amazing for us, but I think he's being written off too early and based on two seasons where his chances were limited.

First Season - Very good under Pearson.

Second Season - Played mainly on the wing or brought on with little time to make an impact.

Third Season - Injured practically all season, still managed 2 league goals in his 6 starts which isn't really that bad.

Not saying he's deffinetly going to be amazing for us, but I think he's being written off too early and based on two seasons where his chances were limited.

Let's have a look at the present - I've been to all of the pre seasons games, apart from Lincoln, Waghorn has looked poor, overweight, lacks composure and still can't take corners. How many has he scored in pre - season?

Let's have a look at the present - I've been to all of the pre seasons games, apart from Lincoln, Waghorn has looked poor, overweight, lacks composure and still can't take corners. How many has he scored in pre - season?

Seriously? :facepalm:

Met waghorn a couple of times and he seems a top lad and loves playing for the club. There is nobody in the squad I'd like to be a success more but I do have my doubts about him. (that sentence was worded terribly lol). When he cried in the play-off defeat it showed he cares so I don't question his attitude. Unfortunately he is no better than a squad player and certainly not a direct replacement for beckford. Just my opinion of course :)

Yeah seriously

I think it's rubbish to be judging players on pre-season, I listed the reasons why I'm not being negative about him, and you are condeming him because of a poor pre-season now, and because he can't take a corner. If someone said a new signing was awful based on a few halfs in pre-season they'd be rightfully slaughtered, but you I assume will not be because disliking Waghorn is popular, where as my stance on Beckford and Waghorn isn't.

Met waghorn a couple of times and he seems a top lad and loves playing for the club. There is nobody in the squad I'd like to be a success more but I do have my doubts about him. (that sentence was worded terribly lol). When he cried in the play-off defeat it showed he cares so I don't question his attitude. Unfortunately he is no better than a squad player and certainly not a direct replacement for beckford. Just my opinion of course :)

Sounds like a sentence 'Trigger' would construct!! Dave...

lol

Del Boy; You said it was open 24 hours a day!?

Trigger; Yeah it is, but not at night

lol lol lol

Mike... What you calling the baby then Trig?

Trig.... Well Marlene said she was going to call it 'Sigourney' after 'Sigourney Weaver'. I'm gonna go for 'Rodney'... After 'Dave'..

I think it's rubbish to be judging players on pre-season, I listed the reasons why I'm not being negative about him, and you are condeming him because of a poor pre-season now, and because he can't take a corner. If someone said a new signing was awful based on a few halfs in pre-season they'd be rightfully slaughtered, but you I assume will not be because disliking Waghorn is popular, where as my stance on Beckford and Waghorn isn't.

Kronkaert has looked very good as has De Laet at right back. Vardy has looked sharp and has scored in a couple of the games. All I'm saying, based on the pre season, Waghorn doesn't look as sharp as others. As for the corners, that was a bit tongue in cheek, yet in all seriousness, why is a centre forward taking corners, poorly, when he is trying to impress the manager. Surely he should be in the box trying to score.

Kronkaert has looked very good as has De Laet at right back. Vardy has looked sharp and has scored in a couple of the games. All I'm saying, based on the pre season, Waghorn doesn't look as sharp as others. As for the corners, that was a bit tongue in cheek, yet in all seriousness, why is a centre forward taking corners, poorly, when he is trying to impress the manager. Surely he should be in the box trying to score.

Don't get me wrong I'm not denying it, I went to Shrewsbury and I'll be going to Sunderland tomorrow, and I accept that he hasn't had an amazing pre-season. But you're judging him on that, a pre-season...?

You know when I said I think he's being written off to early, yeah that's what I mean.

I have said it before Waghorn at best is 6 choice at the moment, he needs to go out on loan to a lower end championship club or top end league one club and gets some games, he may gain some form that route because atm, he is getting in the side ahead of Nugent, Vardy, Futacs, Beckford and Schlupp.

I have said it before Waghorn at best is 6 choice at the moment, he needs to go out on loan to a lower end championship club or top end league one club and gets some games, he may gain some form that route because atm, he is getting in the side ahead of Nugent, Vardy, Futacs, Beckford and Schlupp.

Good one. lol

Archived