Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Twitter Thread Numero Who Cares!

I don't know. Hadn't heard about that. Maybe this could happen, then. :fc:

Although now I think about it, Leeds takeover has fallen through hasn't it. Oh well it'd be nice if it's true, but if it's not then I'm sure Nigel wouldn't be keeping him if we couldn't afford his wages, if we can't or paying him more than our other players is particularly counter-intuitive I'm sure Nigel will find a way to get him off the wage bill even if it's a loan deal.

I'll only believe it when it comes from a genuine, reliable source :ph34r:

If it is true, I'm not really bothered. There probably is more to come from him, but we have other options and I guess we are paying him a fair amount of wages. I wouldn't be gutted if he left.

I bet Poyet managed him at Leeds as well, there's a link.

Why is anyone acting like we'd be losing a player who has been incredible for us, I accept he could do well for us next year but come on, he hasn't done an awful lot to leave anyone devestated if he leaves, surely?

Why is anyone acting like we'd be losing a player who has been incredible for us, I accept he could do well for us next year but come on, he hasn't done an awful lot to leave anyone devestated if he leaves, surely?

It's not what he has done, it's what he can do with his potential.

I wouldn't be devastated but I think we'd live to regret it. Whatever will be will be (we're going to wembley)

It's not what he has done, it's what he can do with his potential.

He's 28 and he has never scored more than 10 goals above League One, how many years has he really got left to improve. It's hardly the end of the world if we move him on, DJ Campbell proved to have that potential but there aren't armies of people still gutted about it now are there, and he never proved he could do it here. He's not exactly been one of our better players in recent years, he has done less for us than a lot of strikers we've had in recent years, no one was acting like it was the end of the world when Fryatt who has a better record than him, for example left. Plus he's younger so had longer to play at this level. Heck not that many people were that gutted when a real top striker like Yakubu left, yet with Beckford who scored 9 league goals last year it's different, why?

Thing is with Beckford on the pitch there always seems to be a chance of a goal because of his anonimaty plus he has a quality touch re forest. Never mind the wages, we can't afford to pin our hopes on a non league striker, a academy striker and a lump of lard who couldn't hit the goal if it was twenty foot high. Nugent was good for us last season but there were an awful lot of games where he didn't do anything or ran his balls off for nothing.

Yorkie I am a big beckford fan, but his touch.. Is not exactly quality. And the rest of the post is surely a wind up?

Nuge works tirelessly and bagged 15 league goals, our non league striker has scored goals always and has the desire and hunger to now play at this level. Vardy is a win win situation, can't understand why you feel so bad about it.

Yorkie I am a big beckford fan, but his touch.. Is not exactly quality. And the rest of the post is surely a wind up?

Nuge works tirelessly and bagged 15 league goals, our non league striker has scored goals always and has the desire and hunger to now play at this level. Vardy is a win win situation, can't understand why you feel so bad about it.

Vardy Scored plenty in non league but were not in non league, nugent may work his socks off but what happens if he gets injured first game. You only have to look at that goal Beckford scored for everton against chelsea to realise the guy is quality.

Thing is with Beckford on the pitch there always seems to be a chance of a goal because of his anonimaty plus he has a quality touch re forest.

Do you mean anonymity? If you do, what anonymity? I can't make sense of that. I think the number he scores is more important than how likely some people think he is to score.

He has awful touch. Really awful.

Never mind the wages, we can't afford to pin our hopes on a non league striker, a academy striker and a lump of lard who couldn't hit the goal if it was twenty foot high.

You say non-league striker, but he was clearly playing well below his level. Nearly all players start out as academy players, don't they? A lump of lard who out scored Beckford when he was about 10 years younger than JB was last season.

Nugent was good for us last season but there were an awful lot of games where he didn't do anything or ran his balls off for nothing.

Right. If we're having a go at players for having games where they didn't do anything, Beckford has got to be the main offender, surely? Not too many players were subbed off at half time for poor performance on more than one occasion. And how you can say ran his balls off like it's a bad thing, I don't know. Point is, if you can slag Nugent off like that, surely Beckford deserves much worse, no?

Edit: Completely forgot to mention the wages. Why should we forget about them? He's probably one of the highest paid players in the division, never mind the club. I think we could be spending that money much more wisely. We could probably afford to pay two good players with it, instead of one average one.

Vardy Scored plenty in non league but were not in non league, nugent may work his socks off but what happens if he gets injured first game. You only have to look at that goal Beckford scored for everton against chelsea to realise the guy is quality.

Vardy was linked to our promotion rivals, Nugent was fantastic last year (Working on the assumption he'll get injured straight away is a ridiculous excuse),Waghorn has a much better scoring record over the course of his three spells under this manager than Beckford has ever had above League One. Futacs hasn't been brought to score goals but to get the best out of our other strikers. 'Ignore the wages' is the kind of attitude that leaves you in the position Pompey ended up in, with a player in League One on over £30,000 a week, so I'll ignore that advice if it's ok with you.

Vardy was linked to our promotion rivals, Nugent was fantastic last year (Working on the assumption he'll get injured straight away is a ridiculous excuse),Waghorn has a much better scoring record over the course of his three spells under this manager than Beckford has ever had above League One. Futacs hasn't been brought to score goals but to get the best out of our other strikers. 'Ignore the wages' is the kind of attitude that leaves you in the position Pompey ended up in, with a player in League One on over £30,000 a week, so I'll ignore that advice if it's ok with you.

If our promotion chances hinge on Waghorn being one of our main strikers, I'll settle for mid table now

What else do you want to talk about then, we've got a week till the start of the season, we're not going to sign another 30 players

Something other than.....

"I like Beckford and think he score loads next year"

and

"Why do you think he will score loads next year when he only scored 9 last year?"

......would be nice.

Archived