Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Twitter Thread Numero Who Cares!

Omfg Mark w I expect you thing fernando Torres is shit for having the worse goal to game ratio in his first season for Chelsea but became class at the end,,just like beckford started so get a grip of your self and stop slagging of our own players,, even if beckford scored 30 goals your kind of people would still say he is shit and should of scored 50 !!!!

yea proved to be a real hit to lol

Omfg Mark w I expect you thing fernando Torres is shit for having the worse goal to game ratio in his first season for Chelsea but became class at the end,,just like beckford started so get a grip of your self and stop slagging of our own players,, even if beckford scored 30 goals your kind of people would still say he is shit and should of scored 50 !!!!

Yeah, there has been quite a bit of 'slagging off' this morning !! :thumbup:

Bugger ! If only I could work this multiquote thing properly !!!

I rated Yakubu, and I don't think Beckford is shit. But I don't think he's some quality player too big for Brighton like you do, and I don't like that someone who was so obviously average last year is taking £30,000 a week from the club in the Championship, it's not sustainable and he has done nothing to prove he is worth it yet. I still think he could do very well but his wages are to me a massive concern. I'm hardly the most guilty of slagging of our own players on here really...

Debating it is pointless really as there isn't any solid evidence to back up either of these points.

I wasn't debating. It was just an example.

You don't think a side threatened by relegation (Which Brighton just aren't) could attract the quality of striker capable of scoring 9 goals in the Championship? :blink:

lol I though that.

I don't get why some people don't think Brighton could attract Beckford. New and nice ground, had a good first season last season with an upcoming manager who knows Beckford.

I rated Yakubu, and I don't think Beckford is shit. But I don't think he's some quality player too big for Brighton like you do, and I don't like that someone who was so obviously average last year is taking £30,000 a week from the club in the Championship, it's not sustainable and he has done nothing to prove he is worth it yet. I still think he could do very well but his wages are to me a massive concern. I'm hardly the most guilty of slagging of our own players on here really...

You do like to go on about Beckfords wages and I agree that £30,000 a week (if indeed that is what he's earning) is way too much, You do realise though that that the rest of our players are not exactly being paid £6.50 an hour? If your gonna be concerned about wages affecting the future of the club you'd be better off pushing for say Gallagher and Dyer (both of whom got new contracts since the takeover so are no doubt raking in the thai baht) to leave as neither is likely to play a great deal this year unlike Beckford and yet together may well be earning more than him. Also going back to Waghorn, Its pretty likely that he has milked in excess of a million quid in wages out of us for achieving effectively nothing in the last two years. This is just as big a financial concern as Beckford surely?

You do like to go on about Beckfords wages and I agree that £30,000 a week (if indeed that is what he's earning) is way too much, You do realise though that that the rest of our players are not exactly being paid £6.50 an hour? If your gonna be concerned about wages affecting the future of the club you'd be better off pushing for say Gallagher and Dyer (both of whom got new contracts since the takeover so are no doubt raking in the thai baht) to leave as neither is likely to play a great deal this year unlike Beckford and yet together may well be earning more than him. Also going back to Waghorn, Its pretty likely that he has milked in excess of a million quid in wages out of us for achieving effectively nothing in the last two years. This is just as big a financial concern as Beckford surely?

To be honest, Mark w's obsession with Beckfords alleged 30k a week does go on a bit.

It's like he's paying Beckford himself.

He's on a relatively big wage for three more seasons yet. Either Nige will sell him, or Mark w will have to live with it.

To be honest, Mark w's obsession with Beckfords alleged 30k a week does go on a bit.

He's on a relatively big wage for three more seasons yet. Either Nige will sell him, or Mark w will have to live with it.

To be fair, we, the fans, are paying for him and expect better value for our money, just as you expect better value for the taxes you pay. Got to agree with Mark on this one. We don't have bottomless pockets and with FFP coming in from the following season, we really need to start looking at what our outgoings are and I believe Pearson is doing that.

Beckford is the obvious one because he is widely reported to be our biggest earner, I believe previously Bert has stated that Beckford is on more than £25,000 a week (It'd be great if he could clarify that as I'm not sure), and he is the main player on an excessive amount to have underperformed so drastically. However if we found out from a reliable source that Gallagher or Dyer or Waghorn is on the same amount or something similar then I would absolutely suggest they needed to leave but I'd be surprised if that is the case. The money spent has been to great for the return it has got us and I'm glad that many of the silly earners have been moved on. Waghorn getting as much as he has over the two years is a concern, but he is younger meaning he still has a lot of time to prove himself worth those wages, and with all due respect Waggy is never on anywhere near as much as Beckford. I imagine that Beckford has taken as much from his one average season as Waghorn has in two seasons which have seen him misused and injured. In the long term Beckford's wages are more of a problem so they need to be addressed first, be that through moving him on or convincing him to take a pay cut (Which he has no obligation to accept, and if he doesn't then for me moving him on and making sure the club is on a sound footing financially going forward is the obvious solution).

I agree, its not like we're paying their wages the Thia's are and if they couldn't afford it then they would have got rid already. I really can't belive the argument is still going on jesus if you're looking to point the blame at someone look in Svens direction.

I wasn't debating. It was just an example.

lol I though that.

I don't get why some people don't think Brighton could attract Beckford. New and nice ground, had a good first season last season with an upcoming manager who knows Beckford.

It's also next to the sea and very gay and friendly.

To be fair to him though, he`s being paid what we were willing to pay him, that`s not his fault.

His performances should be judged in the same way as the rest of our players, the wage they are on shouldn`t come in to it.

There were quite alot of players who were equally poor last season, who have never seemed to get the same grief that Beckford has got.

To be fair to him though, he`s being paid what we were willing to pay him, that`s not his fault.

His performances should be judged in the same way as the rest of our players, the wage they are on shouldn`t come in to it.

There were quite alot of players who were equally poor last season, who have never seemed to get the same grief that Beckford has got.

Not saying it is his fault, and not judging him on that. But regardless of his wages he was average last year and his partnership with Nugent didn't work, as a result I think we need a new strike partnership and I wouldn't drop Nugent. I honestly think we're putting ourselves in a dangerous position if we're paying him that much in the Championship, especially if, as I think he should be, he's third choice.

Not saying it is his fault, and not judging him on that. But regardless of his wages he was average last year and his partnership with Nugent didn't work, as a result I think we need a new strike partnership and I wouldn't drop Nugent. I honestly think we're putting ourselves in a dangerous position if we're paying him that much in the Championship, especially if, as I think he should be, he's third choice.

All of which is fair enough, my point really, is that Beckford is often singled out by people on here for having a poor season, often with his "wages" being brought up,but others who had a poor season seem to have got no stick at all.

All of which is fair enough, my point really, is that Beckford is often singled out by people on here for having a poor season, often with his "wages" being brought up,but others who had a poor season seem to have got no stick at all.

Totally agree with you, it seems so many people on here have to slate Beckford on every thread possible no matter what the subject.

Archived