Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

formation/starting 11 For peterborough?

I'm not sure if we should play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 formation. With a 4-4-2 we could go with schmeichel, de laet, Morgan, Whitbread, konchesky, Marshall, danns, James, knockaert, beckford, and Nugent for example.

With a 4-3-3 we could go with schmeichel, de laet, Morgan, Whitbread, konchesky, James, danns, drinkwater, Marshall, knockaert, and Nugent.

Thoughts please people and any other ideas of what our team should be.

isZak fit? i think NP will go

Kasper

Moore

Wes

RDL

Konch

Marshall

Danns

Danny

nockear

Vardy

Nuge

i would chose (if all available)

Kasper

RDL

Zak

Wes

Konch

Danns

Drinky

Marshall

Vardy

Beks

Nuge

4-2-3-1 (fit in Knockaert when ready)

That's the one....

Although don't be too shocked to see Gally on the right and Dyer on the left.

I hope it's this though...

Haha hope not mate. Love Lloyd but I think the best thing he can be now is an impact sub when the opposition tire. Can't see Marshall not starting though. Maybe NP will go for King ahead of Drinkwater

Complete guess as I don't really know that much about the new boys.

GK: Schmeichel

RB: De Laet

LB: Konchesky

CB: Morgan

CB: Whitbread

CM: Danns

CM: Drinkwater

AMC: Knockaert

RW: Marshall

LW: Dyer

ST: Nugent

That is what I would prefer to see but I expect to see 4-4-2 with Vardy in for Knockaert or Dyer (With Knockaert going on the left wing).

I'm not sure if we should play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 formation. With a 4-4-2 we could go with schmeichel, de laet, Morgan, Whitbread, konchesky, Marshall, danns, James, knockaert, beckford, and Nugent for example.

With a 4-3-3 we could go with schmeichel, de laet, Morgan, Whitbread, konchesky, James, danns, drinkwater, Marshall, knockaert, and Nugent.

Thoughts please people and any other ideas of what our team should be.

:welcome:

God no, not Nugent and Beckford please. We've done that and it doesn't work. We've got 2 potentially good partnerships now, Futacs & Beckford and Nugent & Vardy. Personally I think any of them would work with Futacs but they're the partnerships that are potentially the most fruitful

God no, not Nugent and Beckford please. We've done that and it doesn't work. We've got 2 potentially good partnerships now, Futacs & Beckford and Nugent & Vardy. Personally I think any of them would work with Futacs but they're the partnerships that are potentially the most fruitful

This!

Comment of the thread... Apart from the capital letter one, obviously

That's the one....

Although don't be too shocked to see Gally on the right and Dyer on the left.

I hope it's this though...

I swear you only keep saying this to wind me up, you honestly think Nigel plays favourites to the extent that he'd not play his new signing and the player he brought last year who ripped the Championship apart, who he dropped Gallagher for, just because he refuses to not play Dyer and Gallagher? Really? I mean it's not like Sousa or Sven even signed Knockaert and Marshall, he did, of course he will want to start games with them.

I think the partnership will/can work with the right midfield. Just my opinion but I think we have to give it a go to start with and if it doesn't work, change it

Likewise, Futacs seems to be the crux he will get the best out of Beckford and Nugent.

I would play a 4-3-3 against Posh

Kasper

Da Laet

Morgan

Whitbread :fc:

Konchesky

Danns

Drinkwater

Marshall

Vardy

Nugent

Knockaert

I swear you only keep saying this to wind me up, you honestly think Nigel plays favourites to the extent that he'd not play his new signing and the player he brought last year who ripped the Championship apart, who he dropped Gallagher for, just because he refuses to not play Dyer and Gallagher? Really? I mean it's not like Sousa or Sven even signed Knockaert and Marshall, he did, of course he will want to start games with them.

I ain't trying to wind you up Mark? Why would I want to do that to you specifically?

I've made it clear that I'd like to see Marshall on the right and Knocky on the left.

But I've seen enough of Nige's teams over the years to say I wouldn't be surprised if, on the opening day, he sticks with his tried and trusted.

I'd play 4-2-3-1

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Whitbread

Konchesky

Danns

Drinkwater

Marshall

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs

Logan

King

James

Futacs

Moore

Dyer

Beckford

My thoughts exactly but Marshall in the centre of the 3 and Knockaert on le wing.

Concerned about midfield partnerships still

Danns is a box-to-box player

King does his best work when he's very deep, but lacks natural defensive steel to play that deep, he can then ghost into the box unnoticed to provide attacking threat, but is generally poor if he plays high

Not made my mind up about Drinkwater yet, he powers in to opposition box with surging runs with the ball, but elsewhere I'm not 100% sold

Wellens is out for a few months, but is at his best high up the pitch, pace is too lacking to play in our own half

Don't know anything about James

Out wide with Knockaert, Marshall, Gally & Dyer I think we're fine, but in the middle I can't see a pairing which could consistently play to a level that is required of promotion winning teams, individually all fine, but pairing? No. Again.

I ain't trying to wind you up Mark? Why would I want to do that to you specifically?

I've made it clear that I'd like to see Marshall on the right and Knocky on the left.

But I've seen enough of Nige's teams over the years to say I wouldn't be surprised if, on the opening day, he sticks with his tried and trusted.

I know you're not, but you inadvertently do a very good job of it.

I think you're being unfair really, he did drop Gallagher for Marshall last year, you honestly think he'd put Gallagher ahead of him?

Maybe Knockaert will be on the bench for the first few games to give him time to bed in, but I'd be amazed if he decided to drop Marshall for Gallagher, and I don't think you really believe that he will either.

I know you're not, but you inadvertently do a very good job of it.

I think you're being unfair really, he did drop Gallagher for Marshall last year, you honestly think he'd put Gallagher ahead of him?

Maybe Knockaert will be on the bench for the first few games to give him time to bed in, but I'd be amazed if he decided to drop Marshall for Gallagher, and I don't think you really believe that he will either.

Who am I being unfair to?

Pearson? Do you think he reads this forum and/or gives a toss about what Id say?

Its a 'who do you think will start' thread.

I've given my opinion that I won't be surprised to see Dyer on the left, Gally on the right. You don't agree. End of really.

Fair enough, we'll see come the Posh game, but I doubt it.

I think Pearson will line up,

Kasper - De Laet - Whitbread - Morgan - Konchesky - Marshall - James - Drinkwater - Knockaert - Nugent - Vardy

But I'd love it if he played Marshall CAM, with Vardy and Knockaert on the left and right hand side of a front three.

I'd prefer..

Kaspar

De Laet - Zak - Wes - Konch

James - Danns

Marshall - Gallagher - Vardy

Nugent

But no doubt it will be...

Kaspar

De Laet - Zak - Wes - Konch

Marshall - Drinkwater - Danns - Dyer

Nuge - Beckford

Archived