Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

formation/starting 11 For peterborough?

--------------Schmichael------------------

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Konchesky

Marshall Drinkwater Danns Knockaert

-------------Beckford Nugent-----------

Logan, Parkes, James, Vardy, Futacs, Dyer, Schlupp

Hard on waggy, gallagher

I like the look of parkes. Better than bolger. If we dont get another in on loan or perm. Hell be my sub cb.

Same here RD.

Of all the new signings, Vardy is actually one I'm most excited about.

Yeah. I think it will mostly depend on how well he adapts to the step up, but it does looks like he's got the pace and the eye for goal to make a mark at this level.

Kasper

De laet

Whitbread

Morgan

Konch

James

Knockeart

Marshall

Vardy

Beckford

Nugent

What a team!

That team is far to attacking, you have essentailly split the team into 5 defenders and 5 forwards, there is no balance, the front 5 will not track back a lot, if at all, if they did, there would be no-one to counter attack. That team would be beaten in league 1.

That team is far to attacking, you have essentailly split the team into 5 defenders and 5 forwards, there is no balance, the front 5 will not track back a lot, if at all, if they did, there would be no-one to counter attack. That team would be beaten in league 1.

It's a shame we can't have 12 men and put Danns in there as well.

That's what I thought when I saw that one. Drop Beckford and stick Danns next to James, and you're onto a winner, I reckon.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Koncheskey

Marshall Danns Drinkwater Dyer

Nugent Beckford

Logan, Moore, James, King, Knockaert, Vardy, Schlupp

With all the different teams being discussed, I think thats the one that will start IMO

GK - Schmeichel

RB - De Laet

CB - Morgan

CB - Whitbread

LB - Konchesky

DMC - James

DMC - Danns

RW - Marshall

LW - Nugent

CAM - King

CF - Beckford

Subs: Logan, Moore, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Vardy, Futacs, Dyer

I'd give Vardy and Knockaert a bit of bedding-in time so would be looking to bring them off the bench for 30 minutes. Can't believe so many people have written off King after one season of injury.

Doing this has actually made me realise the strength of our squad. When in comes down to a choice between Dyer, Gallagher or Waghorn for the SEVENTH sub you realise that there is actually some depth. Add in Wellens who (although I think is on the decline big time) on his day can boss a match, and St Ledger to return, then we're looking okay!

I still think we need another central defender however.

You could take out one of Vary/Knockaert/Marshall, have them free roaming just behind the top two, and drop Danns/Drinkwater in to sit next to James...

I would love to see this team play, I think it would be very exciting to watch

Kasper

RDL. Morgan. Whitbread. Konch.

James

Knockhaert. Dyer.

Marshall

Beckford. Nugent.

I am a big beckford fan (sorry Non-believers)

Marshall Dyer and Knockhaert could all interchange positions throughout the game with this formation. (Marshall plays better when he is in the middle, Anthony played better against Nuneaton in the middle and on the right which he did in the second half, dyer can play either wing etc)

This formation would allow for the worst of the three per game to be replaced by Danns, Gally or drinkwater :) and for the other two remaining players to take wide positions,

I hate 4-3-3 as , if the middle of the park is not commanded, it easily becomes 4-5-1. Under his first tenure, we lost more games with a 4-3-3 formation than any other, and it still haunts me to this day ( plus seeing waghorn or beckford on the wing for any reason breaks my heart, last nights game for example!)

I would love to see this team play, I think it would be very exciting to watch

Kasper

RDL. Morgan. Whitbread. Konch.

James

Knockhaert. Dyer.

Marshall

Beckford. Nugent.

I am a big beckford fan (sorry Non-believers)

Marshall Dyer and Knockhaert could all interchange positions throughout the game with this formation. (Marshall plays better when he is in the middle, Anthony played better against Nuneaton in the middle and on the right which he did in the second half, dyer can play either wing etc)

This formation would allow for the worst of the three per game to be replaced by Danns, Gally or drinkwater :) and for the other two remaining players to take wide positions,

I hate 4-3-3 as , if the middle of the park is not commanded, it easily becomes 4-5-1. Under his first tenure, we lost more games with a 4-3-3 formation than any other, and it still haunts me to this day ( plus seeing waghorn or beckford on the wing for any reason breaks my heart, last nights game for example!)

This looks good. Like to see this team when we play the likes of barnsley,millwall at home. Only change id make is knockaert on left and vardy for dyer on right.

This looks good. Like to see this team when we play the likes of barnsley,millwall at home. Only change id make is knockaert on left and vardy for dyer on right.

Haha that seems to be quite popular, is Vardy rapid? I like the idea of him as a pure stricker up front, we will need him there if Beckford leaves ( I don't know why but I have no hope for Futacs)

It's nice that we seem to have options all over the pitch now. Obviously CB is a problem, but it'll be sorted one way or another soon enough.

I've seen people say all the CM's are the same, but I'm not sure that's true really. First off none of us have seen James enough to even say that. Plus can people really say the likes of Wellens, King and Danns are anything alike at all? For me their games are all different.

I like the balance of the squad (we actually have more than one winger this year) and I'm looking forward to the start of the season!

It's nice that we seem to have options all over the pitch now. Obviously CB is a problem, but it'll be sorted one way or another soon enough.

I've seen people say all the CM's are the same, but I'm not sure that's true really. First off none of us have seen James enough to even say that. Plus can people really say the likes of Wellens, King and Danns are anything alike at all? For me their games are all different.

I like the balance of the squad (we actually have more than one winger this year) and I'm looking forward to the start of the season!

I know that NP came back and said our balance was wrong, so he played two wide men including Dyer as his first choice. You seem to have adopted a similar stance on the word 'balance'.

I believe we need a balance between the ability to defend and the ability to attack. In my view if we do not have a midfield player who can 'put his foot in', break up the opposition's play and regain possession in the middle of the park that we cannot play 4-4-2 with two wingers. We will have the same defensive frailties as have existed for a number of seasons now.

The balance of the squad we have ideally lends itself to a 4-3-3 formation, where for example the midfield would consist of Danns, Drinkwater and James, with the wide me in a front three chosen from Marshall, Knockaert, ( Dyer and Gallagher maybe, please no ), Beckford, Nugent and Vardy with any of those in the striker role with the addition of Futacs.

Result, three box to box midfield players to act as good cover in front of the back four and lots of attacking options. This is the only way we can be defensively sound without a tough tackling midfield option.

I know that NP came back and said our balance was wrong, so he played two wide men including Dyer as his first choice. You seem to have adopted a similar stance on the word 'balance'.

No, I just believe you don't need some thug in the middle that many seem to cry out for. Danns is more than capable of putting his foot in and breaking up play. We struggled because we didn't have anyone to partner him. King will never put his foot in and Wellens can't track back like he did two or three years ago. If James or Drinkwater can get back and help and put in some tackles then there will be enough cover in the centre.

Plenty of teams play without someone just sat around doing nothing but making tackles. Man U play with a 4-4-2 and have Scholes and Carrick. Hardly ball winning cm's.

Some good ideas here but looking at it the 4-2-3-1 formation will probably be best to ensure we are balanced both attack and defence. We will no doubt change formations and tactics depending on who we are playing against. If Whitbread isn't fit for Peterborough it may mean putting James at CB. I've heard bad things about de laet as a centre back plus he needs to concentrate on holding down the right back position.

No, I just believe you don't need some thug in the middle that many seem to cry out for. Danns is more than capable of putting his foot in and breaking up play. We struggled because we didn't have anyone to partner him. King will never put his foot in and Wellens can't track back like he did two or three years ago. If James or Drinkwater can get back and help and put in some tackles then there will be enough cover in the centre.

Plenty of teams play without someone just sat around doing nothing but making tackles. Man U play with a 4-4-2 and have Scholes and Carrick. Hardly ball winning cm's.

Why does having a player who is tall enough, strong enough and adept at tackling equate to that player being 'some thug'.

If you are suggesting a tough bloke, mentally with those aforementioned attributes then even better.

Why 'some thug'?

The best at it I've ever seen in a City shirt was Lennon. Though he wasnt tall of course.

He wasn't a 'thug'... Merely an excellent holding midfielder who's presence gave the players around him with a more attacking flair, the time on the ball to do their stuff.

It's exactly this sort of player I believe City have been crying out for for many seasons.

Is James such a player? I really don't know.

Danns is snappy, but gets forward far too often ( and thus out of position) to be considered a defensive midfielder. Lennon had that discipline, instilled into him by MON to hold hold hold.. The presence of Lennon in that team helped to compensate for the lack of defensive pace in the team. I imagine that both Walsh and Matty Elliott must have loved Lennon playing just in front of them. He could stop opposition attacks well before they built up and put the defenders on the back foot.

This is the biggest area of our current team that needs sorting out IMO and has been massively apparent for those who want to see, for a long time.

Why does having a player who is tall enough, strong enough and adept at tackling equate to that player being 'some thug'.

If you are suggesting a tough bloke, mentally' with those aforementioned attributes then even better.

Why 'some thug'?

The best at it I've ever seen in a City shirt was Lennon. Though not tall of course.

He wasn't a 'thug'... Merely an excellent holding midfielder who's presence gave the players around him with a more attacking flair, to do their stuff.

It's exactly this sort of player I believe City have been crying out for for many seasons.

Is James such a player? I really don't know.

Danns is snappy, but gets forward far too often ( and thus out of position) to be considered a defensive midfielder. Lennon had that discipline, instilled into him by MON to hold hold hold.. The presence of Lennon in that team helped to compensate for the lack of defensive pace in the team. I imagine that both Walsh and Matty Elliott must have loved Lennon playing just in front of them. He could stop opposition attacks well before they built up and put the defenders on the back foot.

This is the biggest area of our current team that needs sorting out IMO and has been massively apparent for those who want to see, for a long time.

But as you point out, you don't know if it has been sorted out yet, so I think discussing it is pointless until after we've had at least a look at James in the first few games of the season, then we can properly evaluate whether it is still a problem.

Scholes a ball winning cm? Yeah after he's snapped the players legs lol one of the best passers in the world and one of the worst tacklers

But as you point out, you don't know if it has been sorted out yet, so I think discussing it is pointless until after we've had at least a look at James in the first few games of the season, then we can properly evaluate whether it is still a problem.

Same thing as I've been saying for ages.

Who really knows what our new players are like?

If James is such a player we may well improve defensively as a team.

Archived