Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

formation/starting 11 For peterborough?

Fair enough, we'll see come the Posh game, but I doubt it.

I think Pearson will line up,

Kasper - De Laet - Whitbread - Morgan - Konchesky - Marshall - James - Drinkwater - Knockaert - Nugent - Vardy

But I'd love it if he played Marshall CAM, with Vardy and Knockaert on the left and right hand side of a front three.

I'd definitely give Marshall a chance there too. Could be scary in that position

what is the point of guessing the line up? because whatever anyone says or whatever team anyone would play it is up to Nigel at the end of the day.

in Nigel we trust.... :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

Just have a guess you miserable bastard. :D

what is the point of guessing the line up? because whatever anyone says or whatever team anyone would play it is up to Nigel at the end of the day.

Because this is a forum where people chat and discuss things about Leicester. Its just interesting to see what other people think our starting 11 should be.

Because it pushes threads like 'We should make Redknapp our new manager' down the page?

Yes, in Pearson we trust. I'm all for that.

But we're debating someting Leicester City-related, and that's the whole point of the forum, isn't it?

Kasper

De Laet -- Morgan -- Whitbread (hopefully fit) -- Konchesky

Marshall -- Danns -- Drinkwater -- Knockaert

Vardy -- Nugent

This is probably the most likely team. Nugent & Vardy would suit a more counter-attacking style and would probably be better away from home. We all know what Posh are like though, they'll come at us and Nugent & Vardy could reap the benefits.

I'd go:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Any fit centre back

Konchesky

Danns

King

Gallagher

Marshall

Dyer

Nugent

I think NP will pick Drinkwater and Beckford though. Not seen anything in DD to suggest he should be starting regularly ahead of King, although King will need to up his game to 2010/11 levels if he wants to keep his place.

Never seen Vardy, James or Knockaert play (like, I suspect, the overwhelming majority of posters) so couldnt really put them in my first XI.

It's nice that we seem to have options all over the pitch now. Obviously CB is a problem, but it'll be sorted one way or another soon enough.

I've seen people say all the CM's are the same, but I'm not sure that's true really. First off none of us have seen James enough to even say that. Plus can people really say the likes of Wellens, King and Danns are anything alike at all? For me their games are all different.

I like the balance of the squad (we actually have more than one winger this year) and I'm looking forward to the start of the season!

I don't necessarily think He deserves to be dropped, but as people have allready mentioned Posh will come out attack us from the start, and I think Beckford's and Vady's pace would help us hit them on the break.

You have a point.

I think Pearson WILL play both Nugent and Becks together. It didn't work last season. Despite everyone bleating on about their forming some partnership.

I hope it does this season cos, at this present time, they gotta be our two best strikers.

This is probably the most likely team. Nugent & Vardy would suit a more counter-attacking style and would probably be better away from home. We all know what Posh are like though, they'll come at us and Nugent & Vardy could reap the benefits.

Agreed. Exactly what I was thinking. I think everyone knows that Posh will attack, I mean it's why they score yet concede so many every season lol I also thought Vardy maybe able to hold the ball up slightly better than Beckford. Counter attack is key though, even if we are at home. Counter attacking at home is how Reading got out of the division anyway.

You have a point.

I think Pearson WILL play both Nugent and Becks together. It didn't work last season. Despite everyone bleating on about their forming some partnership.

I hope it does this season cos, at this present time, they gotta be our two best strikers.

I hope you right, If they both get into a good vein of form at the right time they are arguably the best strike force in the division.

You have a point.

You might be right, but I reckon Vardy could prove to be a better version of Beckford this season.

_______________++_Kasper

____RDL___Morgan____Whitbread____Konch

__________________James

________Marshall___Knockaert___Danns

_____________Nugent___Beckford

Assuming all fit, I would probably start with that. Vardy to come on after 65 minutes either in place of a midfielder to go left wing, or a midfielder for a striker, or a striker for a striker, depending on the game.

As for Futacs, he may well prove worthy of a starting place but I'd bring him on and see how he fared for a few games before starting him.

The reason I'd faze in the strikers and just start the midfielders is simply because I'd be willing to take a gamble on the midfield as it was terrible last season.

Archived