Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilbo

LCFC VS Sunderland Match Thread

Great game to watch, we were very good first half and battled it out in the second. Drinkwater and James linked up extremely well in the first half, they controlled a decent Sunderland midfield. Danns played well in the second half, King got his foot in a couple of times but apart from that was fairly anonymous. He'll do well to be above fourth choice in a 4-4-2 system. Moore was solid, after seeing him play today I'd be happy with him lining up against Posh next week.

Knockaert looked class, just class. Took players on, wasn't scared to shoot and his work rate was fantastic. Him and Marshall on opposite wings looks great, they can both play on either side, both work hard and both are extremely talented. Whoever says Nigel doesn't buy flair players needs their head checking.

Knockeart will play shit in the next two games and people will be calling for his head come september. You heard it hear first.

Seriously though, he does sound like a proper find. Get behind him and all the players and lets get off to a confident start.

Got back a while ago, first half much better than the second.

Defence looked really really good, Morgan was an absolute rock captain's performance. Konchesky consistent as usual, De Laet bit rash but decent display. But ain't read through other pages, but I think people would say the same. Man of the Match today Liam Moore hands down, really really impressed with this lad defended ever so well marked McClean and had him in his back pocket.

Midfield in the first half looked controlled, have to admit probably because they played together at Man Utd, Drinkwater looked much better alongside Matty James. Both of them won balls, played fast tempo pace and got forward well. Drinkwater on the defensive side of things looked more assured, while James won balls passed and linked up incredibly well.

Vardy looked very lively will be some player for us I think, should of really scored aswell. However Beckford was same old same old, and that was shit, did absolutely nothing couple of good link ups but I just don't think our club suits him. Sell him and get in Jay Bothroyd.

Second half the midfield looked sloppy, King didn't look good again, Danns didn't look that good but grown as the half went on. Anthony Knockaert though looks really impressive gave the ball away early on, but then started to gain confidence, I would not like to defend against him. Very quick, great skill and ain't scared of shooting.

Impressive Points - Liam Moore, Morgan looking controlled, Drinkwater and James combo, Vardy lively, Knockaert.

Unimpressive Points - Jermaine Beckford, Andy King and Martyn Waghorn

Defence looked really really good, Morgan was an absolute rock captain's performance. Konchesky consistent as usual, De Laet bit rash but decent display. But ain't read through other pages, but I think people would say the same. Man of the Match today Liam Moore hands down, really really impressed with this lad defended ever so well marked McClean and had him in his back pocket.

Midfield in the first half looked controlled, have to admit probably because they played together at Man Utd, Drinkwater looked much better alongside Matty James. Both of them won balls, played fast tempo pace and got forward well. Drinkwater on the defensive side of things looked more assured, while James won balls passed and linked up incredibly well.

Vardy looked very lively will be some player for us I think, should of really scored aswell. However Beckford was same old same old, and that was shit, did absolutely nothing couple of good link ups but I just don't think our club suits him. Sell him and get in Jay Bothroyd.

Second half the midfield looked sloppy, King didn't look good again, Danns didn't look that good but grown as the half went on. Anthony Knockaert though looks really impressive gave the ball away early on, but then started to gain confidence, I would not like to defend against him. Very quick, great skill and ain't scared of shooting.

Impressive Points - Liam Moore, Morgan looking controlled, Drinkwater and James combo, Vardy lively, Knockaert.

Sell one striker who 'does absolutely nothing' and replace him with the same.

lol Genius.

Got to say Vardy impressed me for the time he was on. Excellent touches and runs and looked a handful.

Marshall and Knockaert impressed me.

And was very impressed by Liam Moores performance, hopefully the first of many. A very promising future.

Also Drinkwater was excellent alongside James.

Spot on summary.

Totally agree with every point.. Anyone who didn't go to the game, this is spot on.

Beckford had a better game than Nugent and Waghorn. Made some fantastic runs which went un-noticed, as well as getting in behind a few times. Didn't score, but no other striker did.

Marshall was fantastic and will be a big player for us. Gallagher the only sub unused bar Logan. Surprised me a little that did.

Just to throw my tuppence in.

Drinkwater ran the game in the first half, he looked a more composed, relaxed and dominant player and was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

I'd imagine him and Danns will be the midfield two once the season gets going.

Vardy seemed to have a point to prove and went a little too hell for leather at times. Needs to relax a little, get his head up and not try to run around the whole opposition to score.

I was concerned with our defensive cover until today. Moore and Parkes are more than capable of filling in as required, and I can see why Pearson is in no panic about getting someone else in.

King and Waghorn look like they need a spark to ignite what we know they can do, unless they find some form soon I cant see either figuring heavily in the early games.

Knockaert looks cracking going forward, but he needs to get the other side of his game more up to scratch or I can see him costing us the odd weak goal with defensive mistakes, and we cant be giving away soft goals like last season again.

Dyer, Marshall, Kasper, Morgan, Drinkwater, Danns, Nugent, Konchesky and De Laet and are in the 11 for me, the other CB spot and the other striker's place and up for grabs in my opinion.

Very good post...  only thing I'd say let's you down is the nonsense of replacing beckford with jay bothroyd :ph34r:

Beckford doesn't deserve to be singled out as Bert said he played better than nuge and a lost looking waghorn.

Certainly looks like np has recruited very wisely, I like matty James, vardy and knocky in particular. Early days but my confidence is slowly on the up

Very very impressed with today... could have been a rout if we'd put more chances away.

Schmeichel had very little to do.

Moore was impressive, strong, confident, hard in the tackles but at times seemed a bit rash and went for headers that Morgan had covered. Prefer him much more at right back. Big Wes just totally controlled the game, helps so much with no Bamba.

Konchesky was just standard Konch - consistent. Schlupp was also very solid at LB and burned the RB on a couple of occasions to get into dangerous positions in the box. Can see Kennedy going as it seems NP has more than enough trust in Schlupp to cover at LB if needed.

I felt that Parkes was a bit dodgy at times, distribution wasn't the greatest, but seemed strong in the air and sound positionally. The rest will come with experience I reckon.

De Laet I really like. He has a good presence about him made one fantastic run on a counter attack and did well. Improvement on Peltier.

Marshall looked sharp. Drinkwater was excellent. James was a bit quiet but did a lot of grafting, seems an upgrade on King, who was anonymous. Danns' distribution not great but has so much energy. Lloyd did well too and Knockaert, very impressive.

Vardy, I like this lad A LOT. Pace, energy, nippy, gets stuck in and fantastic movement. Worked very well with Beckford and their partnership tore apart Kilgallon and Bramble. To KingFox who criticised Beckford again, he was through on goal twice, his first effort was very well saved and the second he was brought down last man which would have been a red if it was a league game. They were menacing together, has extreme potential.

Nugent looked slow and unfit and Waghorn offered little but some hold up play was good.

Beckford had a better game than Nugent and Waghorn. Made some fantastic runs which went un-noticed, as well as getting in behind a few times. Didn't score, but no other striker did.

Marshall was fantastic and will be a big player for us. Gallagher the only sub unused bar Logan. Surprised me a little that did.

Beckford Benefited from the 3 players the others didn't have. Vardy, James and Drinkwater linked up very well together.

Very very impressed with today... could have been a rout if we'd put more chances away.

Moore was impressive, strong, confident, hard in the tackles but at times seemed a bit rash and went for headers that Morgan had covered. Prefer him much more at right back. Big Wes just totally controlled the game, helps so much with no Bamba.

Konchesky was just standard Konch - consistent. Schlupp was also very solid at LB and burned the RB on a couple of occasions to get into dangerous positions in the box. Can see Kennedy going as it seems NP has more than enough trust in Schlupp to cover at LB if needed.

I felt that Parkes was a bit dodgy at times, distribution wasn't the greatest, but seemed strong in the air and sound positionally. The rest will come with experience I reckon.

De Laet I really like. He has a good presence about him made one fantastic run on a counter attack and did well. Improvement on Peltier.

Marshall looked sharp. Drinkwater was excellent. James was a bit quiet but did a lot of grafting, seems an upgrade on King, who was anonymous. Danns' distribution not great but has so much energy. Lloyd did well too and Knockaert, very impressive.

Vardy, I like this lad A LOT. Pace, energy, nippy, gets stuck in and fantastic movement. Worked very well with Beckford and their partnership tore apart Kilgallon and Bramble. To KingFox who criticised Beckford again, he was through on goal twice, his first effort was very well saved and the second he was brought down last man which would have been a red if it was a league game. They were menacing together, has extreme potential.

Nugent looked slow and unfit and Waghorn offered little but some hold up play was good.

Hold on a minute mate, I have rarely criticised Beckford EVER. Today I am just being truthful, I did say he linked up well at times with Vardy, but apart from that he did very little. He got through about once and should of scored, but spent too long on the ball and ended up messing it up. I would like Beckford to stay and thought he would actually be slightly better than last season, but on today's performance he looked exactly the same as last season. Some very good sparks here and there, but then looks lazy, his movement suddenly goes and then he becomes slightly frustrated and doesn't seem like he wants to get in the game.

I have rarely criticised Beckford though, but today I wasn't impressed, same with Waghorn he looked incredibly poor did absolutely nothing. Yes Nugent didn't look himself aswell, but the reason I didn't single him out is because we all know he will get us goals this season and he is our key striker, regardless if he didn't look good today.

Seems the "idiotic" KingFox can speak sense from time to time.

Thanks Babylon and LcfcStriker

haha.. Although I wouldn't get rid off Beckford as he's better than waghorn ( i can't see where he fits in) and would probably be starting with Vardy for me against p'boro... The only point I don't 100% agree with

Beckford Benefited from the 3 players the others didn't have. Vardy, James and Drinkwater linked up very well together.

He benefitted because he was on the shoulder of the last man unlike Waghorn and Nugent who were way too deep considering they were supposed to be playing centre forward.

Plenty of times in the second half where the front two weren't in good positions in the second half, but I guess that's down to the other players.

Just to throw my tuppence in.

Drinkwater ran the game in the first half, he looked a more composed, relaxed and dominant player and was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

I'd imagine him and Danns will be the midfield two once the season gets going.

Vardy seemed to have a point to prove and went a little too hell for leather at times. Needs to relax a little, get his head up and not try to run around the whole opposition to score.

I was concerned with our defensive cover until today. Moore and Parkes are more than capable of filling in as required, and I can see why Pearson is in no panic about getting someone else in.

King and Waghorn look like they need a spark to ignite what we know they can do, unless they find some form soon I cant see either figuring heavily in the early games.

Knockaert looks cracking going forward, but he needs to get the other side of his game more up to scratch or I can see him costing us the odd weak goal with defensive mistakes, and we cant be giving away soft goals like last season again.

Dyer, Marshall, Kasper, Morgan, Drinkwater, Danns, Nugent, Konchesky and De Laet and are in the 11 for me, the other CB spot and the other striker's place and up for grabs in my opinion.

Good post.

The best post I've ever seen you write. This was how the game was. Although I do think Beckford scuffed the first shot he had, making the save easier.

Word for word, that's how I saw the game.

Archived