Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilbo

LCFC VS Sunderland Match Thread

Final whistle. Win over a Premier League team (that will probably finish within the top 10 next season) and didn't concede. Pleased with that, well done boys.

Can't wait for Saturday, but will be listening to Torquay. Bring on the season, up the Foxes, etc

The first half was good from us. We looked like the premier league side. Second half was a bit scrappy but we still has the better of it. Liam Moore has had a great pre season, let's hope he can continue it. Beckford and Vardy looked sharp together.

Now having seen them play I feel more optimistic.

Morgan was a beast, DeLaet looks solid enough, Drinkwater and James looked pretty composed.

Vardy looks very very lively.

And in Knocky we could have a real find.

Marshall looked MOTM for me.

We were well organised, looked fit and were good for the win.

However, dare I say it, Beckfords gonna continue to frustrate again this season. When put through on goal on two occasions first half (After making intelligent runs) he should have scored both times. His all round play though was pretty good.

Great performance quite a few stand out players. Drinkwater stood out Morgan and Moore solid liked Moore at right back, vardy looked positive beckford actually looked like he gave a shit Marshall dangerous and the Ronaldo of the championship looked ace! Very good all round performance drinkwaters 45 mins were the best I've seen him! Come on u blues!!!

Knockaert looks amazing, he was superb today. Glad I went in the end, made up for Shrewsbury anyway. I know I said we shouldn't be judging players on pre-season but I've got a feeling we could have one of the best players in the Championship on our hands if Knockaert carries on like that. Marshall/Knocky/Moore/Drinkwater stood out to me but no one had a particularly bad game. Looking forward to Tuesday now.

good workout , 2nd half was alot better ! promising. knocky looks a good player . sunderland being in top 10 comment ????? noooooo ! they were poor to me ! we can take alot from game , tuesday looking a good bet for us if we carry today on ! well done city , clean sheet deserved ! and i'm mr critical !!!!!

Here's my rating on the players performances

Kasper - 5didnt do much apart from one stand out save in the second half

De laet - 6 eemed ok, didnt get to show his pace often enough

Morgan - 7 looks solid at the back

Konchesky - 7 same as always for konchesky always reliable

Marshall - 7.5 looks very good loves to cut in and have a pop will be a key player for us

Drinkwater - 9 MOM for me always keeps the ball and picks out a pass even though he isnt the tallest he seems quite strong

James - 7 seems to play well with drinkwater a good passer and likes to play defensively minded

Dyer - 6 cant think of much he did

Vardy - 7.5 seemed dangerous and quick put i think he could of got a few goals today he had some good chances

Beckford 6.5 looked fairly good made a couple of runs and had a good chance which he should of scored

Subs -

Waggy - 6 didnt get in the game much

Nugent - 6 same as waggy, forgot he was playing in the second half!

Knockaert - 8 what a player this guy is FLAIR, loves to take on players also made alot of good tackles/interceptions which he was unlucky that it landed to there players he also likes to cut in and take a shot which i love in wingers.

Schlupp - 6.5 seems ok at LB but would rather him play on the wing or upfront.

Danns - 7 lively and energetic

King - 6 didnt do much in my opinion

Parkes - 6.5 took his goal well but misplaced a couple of "easy" passes

1st half we were much the better team, we bossed it all. 2nd half we were slow out of the blocks but knockaert looked class and could be a real find. Overall I'm very happy with how we are shaping up. Pearson has got some selection headaches to come.

Archived