Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

10 Years on Filbert Way : Favourite Game

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite game

• Leicester 4-0 Leeds (Premier League, 2003)
    • Leicester 3-2 Spurs (FA Cup, 2006)
    • Leicester 3-0 Coventry (Championship, 2007)
    • Leicester 4-0 Norwich (Championship, 2008)
    • Leicester 1-0 Leeds (League One, 2009)
    • Leicester 3-0 Forest (Championship, 2010)
    • Leicester 2-2 Man City (FA Cup, 2011)
    • Leicester 4-0 Derby (Championship, 2011)
    • Leicester 4-0 Forest (FA Cup, 2012)
    • Leicester 2-0 Brighton (Division One, 2003)

Brighton (I think it was) for me. Was young but I can still remember it; promotion to the Premier League :trumpet:

But from the above list has to be the 4-0 win over Leeds. Dickov's turn and shot was excellent.

1-0 Leeds in League One, practically sealed our promotion, against the smuggest side in the League, with a last minute winner. I enjoy that type of game where it's close all the way through and you win it at the death anyway, the fact it was against Leeds and secured our promotion just made it even sweater. 4-1 over Millwall on Wise's return should have made the list as well I think, really enjoyed that, a great win coupled with it looking like we'd soon be out of admin. I wasn't all that old but it was a special game to be at.

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought Leeds 2003. Was only 10 at the time but remember it well. Nalis' goal was insane. Dickov looked Man Utd quality that night.

I think we played what were considered a decent Leeds side and utterly embarrassed them.

Nalis's goal... Just turned to mi mate and gasped!!

Hit it on the full volley from what, 30 yards out..?

Dickov was his usual busy self. He was a very very good player for City and must have been a pain in the arse to play against

4-0 Leeds for me as well. Great goals.

I think we played what were considered a decent Leeds side and utterly embarrassed them.

Nalis's goal... Just turned to mi mate and gasped!!

Hit it on the full volley from what, 30 yards out..?

Dickov was his usual busy self. He was a very very good player for City and must have been a pain in the arse to play against

:thumbup:

Nalis was a great finisher for us, scored some good goals, most of which from long range. That Leeds goal was with his left foot as well.

When he signed for Sheffield United, he played against my local team. Was speaking to him for ages about that goal.

The Brighton home game when we won promotion. Atmosphere was great.

I've always thought it was pants. Away at Rotherham would have been so much better!

The only thing I remember from that game was Muzzy getting injured and it costing us the title!

Shit I just totally forgot Ooo Tommy Wright with the winner against Florist that was pretty special game.

Brilliant night that!

Tough choice between Leeds in league 1, Forest 3-0 and Man City 2-2.

Man City was the best game for the neutral, best home atmosphere I've witnessed without a doubt, and some superb football from both teams.

Forest 3-0 was the most enjoyable, again a great atmosphere, memorable celebrations, and it was my first taste of derby-day victory (having been to the 5-1 thrashing earlier in the season).

But Steve Howard's goal against Leeds was one of those moments that made the whole season. It was a beautiful day in many ways, got to be that.

None of the above.

Happy identified the Forest 1-0 game, that's the only match I can recall a slight edge to. That was a proper game.

Edited to say Corky is right about that Derby game.

We need a strong Derby and Forest to make the season exciting, sad truth is non of us have been much use for quite some time.

None of the above.

Happy identified the Forest 1-0 game, that's the only match I can recall a slight edge to. That was a proper game.

Kicked off big time at half time under the East Stand at half time.

As you say proper edge to it that night.

3-1 win over Derby in 2002.

Felt like the first really big match at the ground, large away following and we exacted the 0-3 defeat the year before.

EDIT: From that list, the 3-0 win over Forest.

Made even better by them scoring 1st early on and us coming back to win!

Archived