Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

10 Years on Filbert Way : Favourite Game

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite game

• Leicester 4-0 Leeds (Premier League, 2003)
    • Leicester 3-2 Spurs (FA Cup, 2006)
    • Leicester 3-0 Coventry (Championship, 2007)
    • Leicester 4-0 Norwich (Championship, 2008)
    • Leicester 1-0 Leeds (League One, 2009)
    • Leicester 3-0 Forest (Championship, 2010)
    • Leicester 2-2 Man City (FA Cup, 2011)
    • Leicester 4-0 Derby (Championship, 2011)
    • Leicester 4-0 Forest (FA Cup, 2012)
    • Leicester 2-0 Brighton (Division One, 2003)

1-0 Leeds in League One, practically sealed our promotion, against the smuggest side in the League, with a last minute winner. I enjoy that type of game where it's close all the way through and you win it at the death anyway, the fact it was against Leeds and secured our promotion just made it even sweater. 4-1 over Millwall on Wise's return should have made the list as well I think, really enjoyed that, a great win coupled with it looking like we'd soon be out of admin. I wasn't all that old but it was a special game to be at.

Was that not the game that it was announced beforehand that we were going in to admin?

I went for the home game against Forest (3-0). Having travelled to the City Ground to see the 5-1 earlier in the season it was sweet revenge and that last 20 minutes where they just crumbled it was brilliant. After that game you knew we were on a roll that would see us make the play-offs.

Was that not the game that it was announced beforehand that we were going in to admin?

I thought it was when they announced the Linekar consortium were going to save the club, but I was only a kid so my recollection of it isn't great. If someone can let us know that'd be great. Still it was just nice to beat Wise.

I thought it was when they announced the Linekar consortium were going to save the club, but I was only a kid so my recollection of it isn't great. If someone can let us know that'd be great. Still it was just nice to beat Wise.

Announced beforehand by Birch that we were saved

Probably the 'worst' of the games on that list, simply because it's the only win I've seen at the KP but 3-0 win over Coventry in 2007. We were a shite side back then too lol.

Next best was 3-2 last minute loss vs villa. By far best atmosphere I've been to at the KP.

FA Cup against Spurs will always be my favourite, nothing can top that for me.

Didn't have the best of teams and to come from 2-0 down was incredible never celebrated so much in all my life.

Still have the ticket on my bedroom wall.

I've gone for Leicester v Leeds, 1-0 in league 1. Just for the celebration of Steve Howards goal. The fact that I was out side with my mate at half time and we both said how great it'd be to win the game with a last minute bullet header from Steve Howard, never have my predictions been so accurate. And it basically meant we were promoted that day

It was a tough choice though between that and the 4-0 win over them in the premier league. If only for mad clives commentary on sky's fanzone

4-1 agaiinst millwall for me. Birch announced we where saved from admin.

No millwall fans where there due to them being dirty gits so was a strang game. Claridge scored for them after about 30 seconds and you could hear the players celebrating on the pitch as the crowd went quiet.

Wise swore at east stand cuz of all the abuse he was getting. Was great to beat them with him in it after he helped put us in administration

Beats the rest hands down for me

Regarding the above, remember the reverse fixture at the New Den? Think we lost, recall Izzet missing a penalty. Deane got sent off for that crunching tackle of Wise and it all seemed to kick off lol

For me the Leeds 1-0 is the best. It virtually meant we were up back to the top 2 divisions and stopped an alarming slide that had been happening for years. Also Leeds were so cocky and confident that day. Delph was going to tear us a new arsehole they said. I am still not sure if he has been seen since though and I believe he may still be in Andy Kings back pocket. :)

Scunthorpe 2-2 I think it was after winning league 1. Also when we finished second to go back up to the prem, can't remember who we played though. I think it was Brighton I have a vague recollection of us singing about bobby Zamora. I think muzzy scored a diving header from a Stewart corner.

Yeah, the celebrations provoked by that Hignett goal was something else lol

I really enjoyed that game... Arsenal's team was still great, they were unbeaten and had some great players on display for us (Cole, Pires, Bergkamp etc).. I recall Gilberto scoring a great goal from a Arsenal counter-attack. Cole then got sent off, sick challenge, still horrid to see. And our goal was provided via Hignett! :frantics:

And in the reverse-fixture at Highbury. Dickov scored the first goal of the match lol Really wanted us to end their unbeaten run lol

Regarding the above, remember the reverse fixture at the New Den? Think we lost, recall Izzet missing a penalty. Deane got sent off for that crunching tackle of Wise and it all seemed to kick off lol

Wise had a word with their keeper before the penalty didn't he and then Muzzy missed it? and I think it was a draw?

Still that 4-1 was great, that and the 1-0 over Leeds were fantastic. Brighton was pretty good as well. The 'You are crying into your hovis' game against Leeds was nice but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't really that important.

Archived