Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Today's line up. Was this the youngest since Jock Wallace?

I think it's an interesting point that you make & it's not something I have seen being discussed before.

Similar to Jock's approach, but different in respect of the fact that NP does not heavily rely on anyone Scottish........which can only be considered a good thing!!

I like it that the team is young & that a fair few of them are looking to prove themselves at this level........& at a higher level if things go to plan.

I never quite recovered from the oldest ever side which Mickey Adams fielded against QPR

Pressman 36

Keown 38

Makin 31

Dabizas 31

Gemmil 33

Wilcox 33

Nalis 33

Connolly 27

Blake 32

Scowcroft 29

Dublin 35

Average age 32.5!

That shot up when Connolly was red carded. Thankfully we were able to bring on Benjamin and Wright to add some class to proceedings.

I never quite recovered from the oldest ever side which Mickey Adams fielded against QPR

Pressman 36

Keown 38

Makin 31

Dabizas 31

Gemmil 33

Wilcox 33

Nalis 33

Connolly 27

Blake 32

Scowcroft 29

Dublin 35

Average age 32.5!

That shot up when Connolly was red carded. Thankfully we were able to bring on Benjamin and Wright to add some class to proceedings.

Funny you mention this - I've been suffering from the 'late twenties blues' and had a dawning realisation recently that, at some point soon, the City are going to field a first team side that are all younger than me (if it hasn't happened already). Walking back from the game I was trying to recall the ages of the players and, to my relief, remembered that Konchesky is older than me.

Pressman 36

Keown 38

Makin 31

Dabizas 31

Gemmil 33

Wilcox 33

Nalis 33

Connolly 27

Blake 32

Scowcroft 29

Dublin 35

Average age 32.5!

Ridiculous, some of the signings Adams made in his last few months.

Have we fielded a younger league side in the past 20 odd years?

Kasper 25

De Laet 23

Konchesky 31

Morgan 28

Moore 19

Marshall 21

Dyer 29 (Knockeart 20)

James 21 (King 23)

Drinkwater 22

Beckford 28 (Nugent 27)

Vardy 25

Av age start 24.7

Av age end 24

very good, the Jock Wallace side was around the time i first started watching the City

Billy McKinlay and Ferdinand aside, did Adams make any decent signings?

Don't think so.

The strikers in our promotion season were Dickov and Deane, both Bassett signings. Izzet obviously came long before, whilst the defence in the main was inherited.

Pressman 36

Keown 38

Makin 31

Dabizas 31

Gemmil 33

Wilcox 33

Nalis 33

Connolly 27

Blake 32

Scowcroft 29

Dublin 35

Average age 32.5!

At first glance, I thought that might have actually been their ratings on Fifa. :ph34r:

Archived