Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

Having seen the match highlights on the tele rather than the jumpy stream I was watching, we were desperately unlucky.

The ball was in our half 3 times on the FLS in a 10 minute highlight reel.

I feel if Nugent had taken that free header at the start (it was more of a missed sitter than a fantastic save IMO) then we'd have been settled. Also Kings shot that was goalbound and we'd have been 2-0 up against a home crowd that'd have turned on their manager. I feel we'd have strolled to a very impressive victory.

I was impressed with Vardy's disallowed goal. He really did get his neck behind that, a proper number 9s goal.

Overall, I'm much happier playing like this than when we were playing this time last year with the same results against Reading and Bristol.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully against Blackpool who we seem to do well against.

I just hope Nige keeps his job, I prefer this attacking, direct, pacy side we have mow to the slow, keep the ball, possession based side we had under Sven and Sousa.

Firstly I echo most peoples opinions that In my opinion I was impressed with the way we played today, However we cant keep saying "we were unlucky". Its not unlucky if it keeps happening.

All these NP sacking claims should be shut immediately! We should stick by him all season even if we are battling relegation, because having another "makeshift" season or just a manager to get us through to the end of the season is just plain stupid. He could be the next O neil if we stick by him, he has good tactics, I like his passion and mentality and he makes good buys in the transfer market. If we got promoted he'd make good signings to keep us up(especially with the Thai's backing).

The future is good for us and people are too quick to forget the days of 04-08 with dross every week give or take and no ambition.

In terms of my opinion on the game today. We could easily of won that game 5 times over. Nugent's miss was a sitter, which is ironic after his twitter jibe the other week. The thing is we play well and don't win so what about when we don't play well, do we get battered?

On the positive side, on paper had 2 of the harder away games and we've outplayed them. Secondly we been chasing both games by half time and both times made the opposition sweat - poor teams would get eased out 2 or 3-0 with comfort but we have creativity meaning we will never be out the game. Silly things like at 0-0 just keeping tight at not going behind, if we took the lead in games we give ourself s more chance of winning games without having to chase games to get anything! Just little lacks in concentration(both the opening goals of the respective games were edge of box scuffers into the corner) a bit of pressure would force an error!

Theres alot to be optimistic about but Blackpool (H) and Wolves (A) are 2 more of the harder games..If we can pick up at least 4 points out of these 2 then we will be back on track. Then the next month(Oct) on paper looks easier.

Heads up everyone, maybe we will play sh*t and knick it 1-0 Vs Blackpool lol. One thing is for sure though, if we lose at home to Blackpool we will be going into a tough game at Wolves in a lowly position and 9 points behind the leaders already! Confidence down probably lose it and be on 3 points out of 5 games! so its vital we get at least a draw but probably a win!

CMON FOXES

Unlucky today as we did play some really nice stuff, Vardy was really on it today. But it has to be said how poor was our end today. So many ****** thinking we are Man United or something. Song variation was terrible and the numbers standing was low and the whole end was just so quiet and not up for it. Sad because on our day we are up there with the best today just seemed very flat.

That is as well as i have seen us play in many a year, we had three men at the fall of the ball every time, our passing and making options available was superb. we spread the ball wide and were able to deliver accurate and sharp passes inside.

This was an outstanding footballing performance and if NP continues to structure the side to play this way, we will win, we will win well and we will be proud to be City fans.

Completely unlucky but instilled with confidence and belief in the team..and, for the first time in his second tenure, in the manager. well done all, unlucky :)

I'm not sure what football some people thought they were watching under Holloway, Sousa and last season, but this is completely different.

I missed the game yesterday but I was at Charlton on. Tuesday and it sounds like we picked up where we left off in the second half at the Valley.

Last season I'm not sure I remember one game that we lost that we deserved to win. We were utter dogshit for 80% of last season, playing turgid, unimaginative hoofball and getting drab draws left, right and centre.

Under Holloway it was the same. Only Bristol City at home sticks out as a game where we played some good stuff and should have won comfortably. Otherwise we were aggressively defensive throughout a erected season.

Under Sousa we played some "nice" football,

passing the ball around a lot but with no bite to our play whatsoever. We barely created a handful of chances in his spell at the club, and

whilst we enjoyed a lot of possession, the football was not only ineffective but stultefyingly dull as well.

Now. For the first time in years, a City team has produced 1 and a half games of fast, enterprising and exciting football back-to-back. We've got pace and trickery in abundance. We're carving teams open at will, and it is only a matter of time until things fall into place goal-wise.

And if we still aren't taking our chances in 10 matches? So what? As long as we aren't in relegation trouble, I'd take us being a great-to-watch mid-table side over getting promoted last season's West Ham way.

We're on the cusp of something great if Pearson holds his nerve tactically and the Thais don't do anything stupid.

I'm not sure what football some people thought they were watching under Holloway, Sousa and last season, but this is completely different.

I missed the game yesterday but I was at Charlton on. Tuesday and it sounds like we picked up where we left off in the second half at the Valley.

Last season I'm not sure I remember one game that we lost that we deserved to win. We were utter dogshit for 80% of last season, playing turgid, unimaginative hoofball and getting drab draws left, right and centre.

Under Holloway it was the same. Only Bristol City at home sticks out as a game where we played some good stuff and should have won comfortably. Otherwise we were aggressively defensive throughout a erected season.

Under Sousa we played some "nice" football,

passing the ball around a lot but with no bite to our play whatsoever. We barely created a handful of chances in his spell at the club, and

whilst we enjoyed a lot of possession, the football was not only ineffective but stultefyingly dull as well.

Now. For the first time in years, a City team has produced 1 and a half games of fast, enterprising and exciting football back-to-back. We've got pace and trickery in abundance. We're carving teams open at will, and it is only a matter of time until things fall into place goal-wise.

And if we still aren't taking our chances in 10 matches? So what? As long as we aren't in relegation trouble, I'd take us being a great-to-watch mid-table side over getting promoted last season's West Ham way.

We're on the cusp of something great if Pearson holds his nerve tactically and the Thais don't do anything stupid.

good post

All these NP sacking claims should be shut immediately!

Yet another holier than thou post which neglects to check whether the 'claims' which so irk him are even being made.

I challenge you to find any 'NP OUT' post from the past week or so. Go on.

I'm seriously considering starting an anti-lynching of black people campaign and just assume that you engage in such lynchings. Its not big or clever to rally against something that NOBODY is suggesting.

I think it is wrong to eat babies, but you know, each to their own. See?

The problem of 90% on here is there is an absolute urge to argue. When someone (me in this case) makes a sound point which a poster does not like, all too often the reaction is to think 'I can't counter the argument they are making, but I do have an angry response lined up to a point they are not making'. Either that or too many here just lack the necessary brainpower to understand my simple and coherent points (I even bullet pointed them for those of you lacking in attention span)

If I was as unable to understand the thoughts of others, rationalise my own thoughts and respond without completely missing the point, I think I'd give internet forums a miss.

Look forwards to the next batch of idiots again missing the points and harping on about 'good performance' (I don't disagree so please don't), we shouldn't sack NP (I don't disagree so please don't) or making pointless and groundless comparisons with previous managers or previous attempts at promotions from other clubs (I don't care - and nothing to do with the points I've made.) Save these no doubt scintillating conversations pieces for your nodding mates down at the pub. Wouldn't want to have to actually think when you can just trot out the same old tired lines eh?

People can say we were unlucky as we were against Charlton but we need to start winning games quick or pearson will be out of a job. Hes had loads of time to sort the defence out he got rid of Tunch and replaced him with someone who hardly ever fit! Not good enough and I can see Blackpool putting a few past us!

When someone (me in this case) makes a sound point

With all due respect it's up to others to decide if you've made a sound point. You obviously think your point was sound or you wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Agree with your post though, people will jump on anything. But writing such a bitter, aggressive post as the one above makes you no better than those you're criticising. If anybody's spoiling for an argument, it's you.

Well it was a sound point and I'm asserting as much. If anyone cares to read the post in question I think they will find it hard to pick any holes in it. I'm not spoiling for a fight at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I el t have people telling me what I think though.

Who ever hit that beach ball the same time as me well my middle finger has blown up and I can't move it :( only a accident though :(

Might be broken but not a lot you can do for fingers they tend the just heal themselves. Mine are all crooked and manky from all the fingering I've done. The doctor literally tells me just to piss off when I turn up now with a throbbing digit. So I guess my advice to you is rest that little hand

Yet another holier than thou post which neglects to check whether the 'claims' which so irk him are even being made.

I challenge you to find any 'NP OUT' post from the past week or so. Go on.

I'm seriously considering starting an anti-lynching of black people campaign and just assume that you engage in such lynchings. Its not big or clever to rally against something that NOBODY is suggesting.

I think it is wrong to eat babies, but you know, each to their own. See?

The problem of 90% on here is there is an absolute urge to argue. When someone (me in this case) makes a sound point which a poster does not like, all too often the reaction is to think 'I can't counter the argument they are making, but I do have an angry response lined up to a point they are not making'. Either that or too many here just lack the necessary brainpower to understand my simple and coherent points (I even bullet pointed them for those of you lacking in attention span)

If I was as unable to understand the thoughts of others, rationalise my own thoughts and respond without completely missing the point, I think I'd give internet forums a miss.

Look forwards to the next batch of idiots again missing the points and harping on about 'good performance' (I don't disagree so please don't), we shouldn't sack NP (I don't disagree so please don't) or making pointless and groundless comparisons with previous managers or previous attempts at promotions from other clubs (I don't care - and nothing to do with the points I've made.) Save these no doubt scintillating conversations pieces for your nodding mates down at the pub. Wouldn't want to have to actually think when you can just trot out the same old tired lines eh?

So you don't think NP should be sacked, you agree he should have time, you agree we are performing well, you agree we have defenders out injured... so what exactly are we bickering about here then?

I would say Blackburn are the best team in the league on paper and we won't face many teams with the quality of players they have in this league, we gave them a right hiding with our play take our chances that we have and we will beat many teams I am confident of that, just believe in the philosophy NP and stick to it their isn't a damn site wrong with it imo, the owners need to be patient and likewise the fans results aren't the be all and end all at this stage of the season. But on the other hand, performances are and we are producing them so that bodes well.

So you don't think NP should be sacked, you agree he should have time, you agree we are performing well, you agree we have defenders out injured... so what exactly are we bickering about here then?

Because we are angry, pissed off and frustrated by the result and no other fvcker will listen.

Because we are angry, pissed off and frustrated by the result and no other fvcker will listen.

I'm seriously going to have to give this place a miss from now on if the result isn't perfect, It's really not very good for my health. I finish watching the stream feeling annoyed and a bit angry but positive about our future. I come on here and read post match and want to hang myself from the bloody rafters. Either that if beat the living hell out of something, and it's usually the Mrs in the firing line.

Might be broken but not a lot you can do for fingers they tend the just heal themselves. Mine are all crooked and manky from all the fingering I've done. The doctor literally tells me just to piss off when I turn up now with a throbbing digit. So I guess my advice to you is rest that little hand

lol

watched it on a dodgy stream live, then saw the highlights on FLS. their first goal was definately offside, to say he was not interfering with play is ridiculous. why can' we revert to the time when any player ahead of play is offside regardless, sod this not interfering with play. Vardy's goal should of stood if theirs did. end of.

the FLS showed that we were the better team, bodes well for the future.

I'm seriously going to have to give this place a miss from now on if the result isn't perfect, It's really not very good for my health. I finish watching the stream feeling annoyed and a bit angry but positive about our future. I come on here and read post match and want to hang myself from the bloody rafters. Either that if beat the living hell out of something, and it's usually the Mrs in the firing line.

You do a sterling job though babs, although i sometimes wonder if it would be easier to not respond directly to the stupid posts then they just respond back.

I think we need a let off steam thread after every bad result, where you can call anyone anything with no recriminations. Whoever started the Harry Rednapp thread yesterday and just got annihilated really helped lighten my mood, as despite my optimism and the great performance we still lost and I was pissed off at that.

Just watched the goals on the Football League show.

Their second goal exemplified everything I've been saying.

DeLaet jumped with Gamst Pedersen and was off balance, so was effectively out of the game.

However, the time that we then gave Pedersen to compose himself, size up his shot and calmly slot it home was criminal. There was nobody else near him. The only other player that came into view 'ambling back' was Marshall.

Very similar to the time given to Wright-Phillips on Tuesday. These are good players and will punish you if you don't make any sort of challenge before they pull the trigger. Again, the gap between the defence and the midfield was simply too great, giving the player all the time he needed to pick his spot. Two different goals, two different games, but the same problem.

I'm surprised at Pearson. In his first tenure, even away from home, I'm sure we used to go and grind out one-nil wins based on a stout defensive display? Now it seems we are wide open around our own penalty area. That's how I certainly saw the Pedersen goal. DeLaet was naive in letting Pedersen turn him inside out so easily yes. But the time the player then had showed our midfield men were again too far advanced.

Archived