Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

Whether we had more of the ball or less, more shots on target or fewer, good or bad decisions, the only stat that counts is this. 2-1 Blackburn.

Yes there are positives. But how long are we going to go forward with only positives to draw from games?

We need points.

In the end I think we'll get them. But this IS a worrying start.

Unfortunately I think you've demonstrated what I would consider 'the blue mongie way' in your post.

What exactly leads you to expect results at this stage of the season? We overreached for a few years in the Prem. We are at our level. We need to improve, sure. Criticism and over analysis from fans won't help our cause in any way. The only thing we can do for our team is be positive and avoid adding to the pre-existing pressure.

Sorry but that's bollocks, it was never overreaching, we spent within our means until that twat Taylor came along, and if we don't think we're capable of being a midtable Premiership side with a some decent cup runs then we may as well give up now.

This is the longest we've ever spent outside the top flight and that would suggest we are punching way below our weight. We should be a Premiership club and if we're accepting midtable in the Championship we will soon become a nothing club.

Yes but kidding ourselves won't help. Football is a game of scoring more than the opposition. Understand that simple fact and (aside from refereeing decisions which I swear half of you think there is a conspiracy against us) im pretty sure you will agree that you get what you deserve. They don't hand out points for possession or passes or shots on target. The league is a wonderful concept based on ore agreed rules. We've got what we've deserved. Anyone banging on about 'performances' can bloody well be pleased then that we got 'that' creditable 1v1 draw at stoke. Pat on the back. Results matter to me. Not performances + arrogance.

Yours,

Blue Mongie.

Think we grasp that results are important. As previously stated there aren't many people on the forum arguing that all is perfect. However there is an association between good performances and good results, which you appear to have forgotten, so some people have dared to suggest that if we're playing well and losing, there's at least some reason to be hopeful.

My problem isn't, however, with the notion that results matter more than performances. It's your implication that we should fire Pearson after three games, or that we can liken our present predicament to that of February 2008. You seem to have come to the conclusion that this argument is too difficult to back up and switched to stating the obvious.

Yes but kidding ourselves won't help. Football is a game of scoring more than the opposition. Understand that simple fact and (aside from refereeing decisions which I swear half of you think there is a conspiracy against us) im pretty sure you will agree that you get what you deserve. They don't hand out points for possession or passes or shots on target. The league is a wonderful concept based on ore agreed rules. We've got what we've deserved. Anyone banging on about 'performances' can bloody well be pleased then that we got 'that' creditable 1v1 draw at stoke. Pat on the back. Results matter to me. Not performances + arrogance.

Yours,

Blue Mongie.

Not many people would disagree with that, people have a problem with you wanting Pearson sacked.

I would say I'd be interested to hear what you thought of Sven, but if your opinion consists of wishing he was still here I'm not interested.

Pearson shouldnt be sacked. We need points not loses and saying we played well. How long do we use that excuse for.

Players need to take a look at themselves and get this leaking/not taking chances problem sorted out.

It goes on for more than three games, if it carries on then fine. But the performances are good enough to warrant not panicking just yet.

Just got back. Horrible journey.

We were unlucky today. The Blackburn goals came against the run of play, and we should have been at least two goals up before Blackburn scored the opener. The left side is still very weak; Dyer and Konchesky are still not good enough in my opinion.

Overall, we created a load of chances but again, failed to take them. The quality of finishing is poor at the minute.

You cant blame anybody when results like this happen. We were excellent from start to finish playing the sort of football we've been craving to see for years (and the sort that nobody could imagine that NP would play!!). Their goals both were fortunate to say the least and how Vardy's 2nd was ruled out is beyond me. If that goal stands then we win the game. In fact, if Nugent puts his chance away at the start, we go on to win by a hatfull.

Play like that all the time and we'll win more than we lose and make the play-offs with no trouble at all.

Very optimistic.

You've actually made me log in on my PC now to explain myself so here goes. I've done it in bullet point for for a) brevity and b) to assist those with short attention spans - there must be a lot of you

• I don't think NP should be sacked I thing it would be the wrong thing to do. My point was he is ultimately going to be judged on results and so far those results have been poor- but also that there is A time to panic. Not now, but the signs are not good.
  • We have always looked like creating chances. Ok, some games under Sven and under NP we looked a bit bereft of ideas. Often though it was missed chances and 'poor' refereeing decisions (LCFC fans' persecution complex - may come back to this but I'll have to put my tin hat on) and very poor defending at times. These issues are recurring. That is a bad, bad, bad sign. We need to give it time - and I know there are injuries at the back, but you can't ship 2 goals a game and go up (at least it would take a hell of an effort in terms of goalscoring)
  • I very much DO understand the positive correlation between level of performance and level of points gained - but I refer my 'friend/accuser' to the irrefutable assertion that there is a far stonger positive correlation (indeed a perfect correlation) between results and points gained and therefore league position. Remember, this is what LCFC / NP / the players etc will be judged on.
  • I don't appreciate the assumptions that I think NP should be sacked. I don't like people putting words in my mouth, especially idiots. I don't think he should be sacked. Please consider my comments a cautionary tale on the 'jam tomorrow' philosophy of 'everything is okay and it will all come right tomorrow/next week/next match/when x is not injured/when we signed 25 goal a season striker'. We have gone down the road of 'we are too good to go down' and 'the performances are good so why worry?' before. That's all I'm saying. Please try to understand that.
  • I'm making plenty of points so if you disagree, why not attack me (if you must?) for one I am making, and not one I'm not making and do not agree with? If I want an idiot to put words in my mouth, I'll PM you.

Ta

Yours,

Blue Mongie

... and the officals... again.

Might well be true for once, but come on, if you get a bad decision, you get a bad decision.

We didn't lose 2v1 because of a bad decision. Alright it meant it wasn't 2v2 but there was ample time to score again if Blackburn were there for the taking.

The officials didn't gift them two goals.

Might well be true for once, but come on, if you get a bad decision, you get a bad decision.

We didn't lose 2v1 because of a bad decision. Alright it meant it wasn't 2v2 but there was ample time to score again if Blackburn were there for the taking.

The officials didn't gift them two goals.

But in hindsight the Vardy goal could of killed Blackburn off, and stopped them from scoring their second

Konchesky's player ratings are poor at 3's and 4's. Can you expect to win a match with a dud left back. Probably not.

I said last season he's average, nothing more. And today was another poor performance. The left side of the team, with Konchesky and Dyer, is weak. It needs changing.

Also starting to question Kasper, like I was last season. Thought he could have done better?

What's going on with this overeaction crap?

Blackburn had two shots all game. We DESTROYED them for 80 odd minutes. I do like Konch, but he was the scapegoat for that game... and the officals... again.

That is exactly what we are reacting too. We conceded pretty much every time Charlton came at us and now the same with Blackburn.

Does that not concern you?

If by destroying them, you mean we scored once and conceded twice, i'm sure most teams would be happy to be 'destroyed' by us.

What's going on with this overeaction crap?

Blackburn had two shots all game. We DESTROYED them for 80 odd minutes. I do like Konch, but he was the scapegoat for that game... and the officals... again.

I don't like blaming officials, but he was very very poor today. One of the officials was from Lancashire! We did hammer Blackburn for 80minutes, but they've obviously got the quality because they've taken their chances and took the three points.

I don't like blaming officials, but he was very very poor today. One of the officials was from Lancashire! We did hammer Blackburn for 80minutes, but they've obviously got the quality because they've taken their chances and took the three points.

Hurrah.

QED

I think you've stumbled across an accurate conclusion despite not perhaps realising it.

We have a team stuffed with hardworking 'triers' but not the quality/edge whatever to make the possession etc tell.

I believe there is a little quality in the squad but at the moment, they are not showing that finishing touch/ killer instinct - and that is a worry (for me at least - pretty football and awful results is enough for some)

Prior to kick off, during the training, Logan put the ball over the bar, and the ball totally broke a seat lol

Hurrah.

QED

I think you've stumbled across an accurate conclusion despite not perhaps realising it.

We have a team stuffed with hardworking 'triers' but not the quality/edge whatever to make the possession etc tell.

I believe there is a little quality in the squad but at the moment, they are not showing that finishing touch/ killer instinct - and that is a worry (for me at least - pretty football and awful results is enough for some)

Yeah, I have to agree at the minute.

Good performance from the lads. We need to take the chances and we need to stop getting caught with the sucker punch. We we dominated and created a shed load of chances, with some great football being played as well.

I don't care what the moaners say, performances do matter. Because if we'd played poorly the last three games I'd be more concerned about where we were heading than I am now.

As it is we have been the better team in all three games and played some great stuff. Better than most of the guff we have been served up over recent years anyway. Some confidence in the strikers and a bit more concentration from the defenders and we are very close to having a good team here.

This exactly. We ran Blackburn ragged at times and we certainly don't need managerial upheavals with people playing like that for the boss.

Football can be cruel sometimes and if today was a boxing match it would have been stopped! If we were serving up tripe like Birmingham at Watford then I could understand any moaners.Carry on with the performance and when strike force clicks we will be a handfull for any team and win a lot of games IMO. COYB :chant:

Hurrah.

QED

It's not enough for anyone, nobody is sat here chuffed we lost but played well. I'm ****ing furious, but I've need enough stuff to give me hope there is better to come with a few kinks ironed out.

Archived