Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Blackburn Post Match Thread 2-1

Will missing chances be the story of our season? Good performance from us today shame we got done by two sucker punches. Wes Morgan was excellent.

I actually can't believe how poor Blackburn fans actually are, terrible set of supporters. One Blackburn fan after the game said we was a very good side and didn't deserve to lose.

Good performance from the lads. We need to take the chances and we need to stop getting caught with the sucker punch. We we dominated and created a shed load of chances, with some great football being played as well.

I don't care what the moaners say, performances do matter. Because if we'd played poorly the last three games I'd be more concerned about where we were heading than I am now.

As it is we have been the better team in all three games and played some great stuff. Better than most of the guff we have been served up over recent years anyway. Some confidence in the strikers and a bit more concentration from the defenders and we are very close to having a good team here.

this

Good performance from the lads. We need to take the chances and we need to stop getting caught with the sucker punch. We we dominated and created a shed load of chances, with some great football being played as well.

I don't care what the moaners say, performances do matter. Because if we'd played poorly the last three games I'd be more concerned about where we were heading than I am now.

As it is we have been the better team in all three games and played some great stuff. Better than most of the guff we have been served up over recent years anyway. Some confidence in the strikers and a bit more concentration from the defenders and we are very close to having a good team here.

There's no such thing as a 'sucker punch'. It's simply a goal scored when we fail to defend as a unit, possibly by straying too far forward.

We might have played well, but 3 points from 9 is not good.

My concern is less over chances missed ( we will score goals if we keep making chances) than over goals conceded. This must be addressed or we will go nowhere.

There are definitely positives to take from this. We are passing the ball well, using the width of the pitch when we attack, and creating chances. Blaming the referee for disallowing Vardy's header is silly. These things happen. If Nugent and King had put away simple chances in the first half we'd have won. It's that simple.

Anyway, everything isn't rosey in the LCFC garden. We don't tighten up quickly enough when we lose the ball in advanced positions, which means the opposition have plenty of space to attack. This means we let goals in. There is definitely a worry that we aren't good enough in defence - everytime the opposition attack us they look like scoring. We aren't at full strength at the back so I'll reserve judgement on this until we are. But even when that is the case the defence needs support from the midfield and that hasn't been forthcoming so far.

My own view is that we look a decent outfit and will be fine. I'd be surprised if the likes of Charlton and Blackburn aren't close to the top six come May and I think we've probably been a bit unlucky with the fixture computer. That said, our next two matches are against Blackpool and Wolves.If we do lose those two tough looking fixtures then even with just five played we are playing catch up and we won't be a million miles off the bottom three. I don't imagine we'll even be close to relegation when the spring comes, but what we don't want is fo the owners to have any reason to feel twitchy. A season without any managerial upheaval would be lovely.

Best we've played for a long time even though the scoreline show that.We'll be ok the fans need to be possitive.

When the fixtures 1st came out people said it was a tough start.If we were'nt creating any chances the i'd be worried.

We absolutely dominated that game today.The team actually looked like a team rather than individuals like last season.

C'mon Leicester :scarf:

There are definitely positives to take from this. We are passing the ball well, using the width of the pitch when we attack, and creating chances. Blaming the referee for disallowing Vardy's header is silly. These things happen. If Nugent and King had put away simple chances in the first half we'd have won. It's that simple.

Anyway, everything isn't rosey in the LCFC garden. We don't tighten up quickly enough when we lose the ball in advanced positions, which means the opposition have plenty of space to attack. This means we let goals in. There is definitely a worry that we aren't good enough in defence - everytime the opposition attack us they look like scoring. We aren't at full strength at the back so I'll reserve judgement on this until we are. But even when that is the case the defence needs support from the midfield and that hasn't been forthcoming so far.

My own view is that we look a decent outfit and will be fine. I'd be surprised if the likes of Charlton and Blackburn aren't close to the top six come May and I think we've probably been a bit unlucky with the fixture computer. That said, our next two matches are against Blackpool and Wolves.If we do lose those two tough looking fixtures then even with just five played we are playing catch up and we won't be a million miles off the bottom three. I don't imagine we'll even be close to relegation when the spring comes, but what we don't want is fo the owners to have any reason to feel twitchy. A season without any managerial upheaval would be lovely.

I agree with all this..

There's no such thing as a 'sucker punch'.

Sucker punch = goals against the run of play in my definition. So yes there is one.

My concern is less over chances missed ( we will score goals if we keep making chances) than over goals conceded. This must be addressed or we will go nowhere.

Unless we convert the missed chances in which case we just outscore the oppo.

Ok so we are dominating teams...and losing. What is going to happen when we aren't on top in matches?

The truth is once again like last year when we come up against teams we NEED to be taking points from, we are losing. The harsh reality is that the performance does not matter in the overall scale of things, we are toothless up front, and porous at the back, these are big concerns to have.

Our next game is against Blackpool...a team who are DESTROYING the opposition at the moment, then we have Wolverhampton Wanderers away. Are we going to dominate those teams like we did Blackburn Rovers today? A team who are shit scared of playing at home? A team who didn't have their main man Kazim-Richards on the park?

We played better than a newly promoted Charlton Athletic side who aren't up to speed yet (and still beat us) and a Peterborough United who are relegation candidates for this year. I certainly wouldn't say we are looking anything like automatic promotion chasers right now.

The next two games could be absolutely critical in terms of our season. We lose or fail to win either and the pressure will be massive, the owners will be getting twitchy, the media will be asking "what happened?", and the fans will be beginning to severely lose patience. We need a win and we need it now. I pray we can come good and deliver.

Its inevitable when you have no Defenders on the bench and last seasons fringe CB starting.

Are you suggesting that Liam Moore is at fault. Thought he had a reasonable game and can certainly not be blamed for either goal. Fail to see your point.

People fail to realise that these two results will damage confidence massively.

If we lose to blackpool then we will struggle with morale.

I don't care if your confidence is damaged massively, and much less if you struggle with morale following a loss to the front runners. Unless you have access to the players' thoughts, I suggest you speak for yourself. The players will deal with this in a professional manner and will know full well that had they taken their chances and not been cheated of a goal, they will have come away with three points from the toughest game on paper this league has to offer.

Sucker punch = goals against the run of play in my definition. So yes there is one.

Unless we convert the missed chances in which case we just outscore the oppo.

You just continue down your blinkered line...

This side has the makings of a really good side, but we must tighten up defensively, as a team, when away from home.

At home we'll do well, away from home we've already lost two and conceded four goals.

For those that didn't see the game we dominated for 95% of the game, they had a few chances, the first was just a good finish from a quality player (Portuguese cvnt), the second was off a nasty deflection when we were caught on the break, that sucks.

We played fantastically, we dominated them in every area of the pitch, only Konchesky would get less than a 7 from me, they caused us no problems in the first half, despite their quality, we played some lovely football similar to Swansea, who I watched earlier today, going forwards we were superb except for one area, finishing, even then Blackburn had the toe of a stretching defender to deny King in the first half, 2 goal line clearances in the second, not to mention a clear goal ruled out.

Nugent and Vardy had a much better understanding than Vardy and Beckford, King and Drinkwater dominated in the middle and Marshall and Dyer were constant threats down the flanks, we are so close to becoming a real force, and I'm not just talking about getting into the play-offs, with the nucleus of a young side we have the potential to go up, stay up and play some beautiful football in the process.

Forget the result, this won't be the only time this season we lose when we should have won, and we will pick up points we don't deserve along the way, we need to just look forward to what promises to be a great season ahead.

For those that didn't see the game we dominated for 95% of the game, they had a few chances, the first was just a good finish from a quality player (Portuguese cvnt), the second was off a nasty defelection when we were caught on the break, that sucks.

We played fantastically, we dominated them in every area of the pitch, only Konchesky would get less than a 7 from me, they caused us no problems in the first half, despite their quality, we played some lovely football similar to Swansea, who I watched earlier today, going forwards we were superb except for one area, finishing, even then Blackburn had the toe of a stretching defender to deny King in the first half, 2 goal line clearances in the second, not to mention a clear goal ruled out.

Nugent and Vardy had a much better understanding than Vardy and Beckford, King and Drinkwater dominated in the middle and Marshall and Dyer were constant threats down the flanks, we are so close to becoming a real force, and I'm not just talking about getting into the play-offs, with the nucleus of a young side we have the potential to go up, stay up and play some beautiful football in the process.

Forget the result, this won't be the only time this season we lose when we should have won, and we will pick up points we don't deserve along the way, we need to just look forward to what promises to be a great season ahead.

Have to agree :)

For those that didn't see the game we dominated for 95% of the game, they had a few chances, the first was just a good finish from a quality player (Portuguese cvnt), the second was off a nasty defelection when we were caught on the break, that sucks.

Good post, agree with most of that.

Archived