Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrandMrsF

Disgrace!

I did not attend the game and have not had chance to look at any real stats as I was following my husband and his colleague as they were on Day 2 of an 8 day cycle trek from Lands End to John O'Groats. Having completed 136 miles with altitudes along the way that meant they climbed Snowdown at least twice!!! with 10 hours spent in the saddle, I was looking forward to telling him the result. These over paid prima donnas probably spend a couple of hours a day training and play for 90 minutes, whilst he has completed 250 miles in horrendous rain and winds in 2 days. He is also twice some of their ages at nearly 49! When he set off from Lands End on Friday morning the rain and wind were so strong you could hardly stand up never mind cycle. They have funded the trip themselves staying in bunk houses with shared toilets/showers whilst players probably stay in lovely hotels with all the mod cons.

Hope some of the players read this and put in a better performance next Saturday against Blackpool so he has something to cheer about on the long drive back from John O'Groats.

Do I sound angry with them - well yes I am!!

Reading this post and reading about Lance Armstrong, i can now only assume all cyclists (and there wives) are on drugs.

Disgrace my arse. Too many people criticise our performances and in the next sentence tell us they weren't at the game.

I wasn't at the game, I managed to see bits via a stream where I think we looked quality.

Were our Olympic athletes who missed out on medals a disgrace too? Or is it just a disgrace because footballers earn more? A factor that they don't have much control of?!

Spot on

Disgrace my arse. Too many people criticise our performances and in the next sentence tell us they weren't at the game.

Just like those who criticise the soldiers. They haven't been Afghanistan, man. They don't know, man, they don't know.

Surely if we'd have won then Blackburn could've claimed that their players were a 'disgrace'? To demand near perfect performances every week is very unreasonable, bad performances do happen - not that the performance against Blackburn was a bad display by the players, we were just unlucky.

What is this? We played impressively and a poor official's decision and a Premier League standard goal led to us getting no points, but the team was working hard and it showed. How the hell is this a "disgrace", and how in any way does it compare??

It's noble to do charity work and that distance of cycling is a good personal challenge, but it's not a professional spectator sport unless there are multiple other competitors involved, and then inevitably there would be sponsorships and a cash prize for the winners. Then what, the guy that came in 2nd (because his tyre punctured or suffered an injury etc) is a "disgrace"?

oh come on please now this won't help will it? were all supporters supposed to support the team not moan at them. they aint even cyclists not got no bikes on the pitch have they? can't imagine your husband even been allowed on the pitch on a bike so dont see wat the point is. weve done well got some good passing moves together just been unlucky

My wife cycled all the way to the shop tonight for no reward, just because I threatened to slap her unless there was a cold beer with the supper I demanded. She did all of that with just one inflated tyre and a black eye.

Do our players put in half that effort? Do they bollocks.

Burton Albion? My wife could not only have them on her own - but she has had them on her own.

Pearson has to do something. Making my tea would be nice seeing as my wife is currently with a rugby team from Macclesfield.

I did not attend the game and have not had chance to look at any real stats as I have been watching Eastenders on BBC1. After spending an hour trying to get Foxes Player commentary to work I am disgusted to find Leicester losing 4-2 at home to Burton Albion what is going on? It is disgraceful these over paid prima donnas probably spend a couple of hours a day training and play for 90 minutes, I walked to work in this morning in the Cornish wind and rain exposed to all the elements god could throw at me.

Hope some of the players read this and put in a better performance next Saturday against Blackpool so I have something to cheer about over than watching X Factor and Celebrity Big Brother in the evening.

Do I sound angry with them - well yes I am!!

Archived