Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrandMrsF

Disgrace!

I did not attend the game and have not had chance to look at any real stats as I was following my husband and his colleague as they were on Day 2 of an 8 day cycle trek from Lands End to John O'Groats. Having completed 136 miles with altitudes along the way that meant they climbed Snowdown at least twice!!! with 10 hours spent in the saddle, I was looking forward to telling him the result. These over paid prima donnas probably spend a couple of hours a day training and play for 90 minutes, whilst he has completed 250 miles in horrendous rain and winds in 2 days. He is also twice some of their ages at nearly 49! When he set off from Lands End on Friday morning the rain and wind were so strong you could hardly stand up never mind cycle. They have funded the trip themselves staying in bunk houses with shared toilets/showers whilst players probably stay in lovely hotels with all the mod cons.

Hope some of the players read this and put in a better performance next Saturday against Blackpool so he has something to cheer about on the long drive back from John O'Groats.

Do I sound angry with them - well yes I am!!

We created a lot of chances yesterday, and had the better play. This was against a quality side in Blackburn, who will probably beat most teams this season. Well done on attempting Lands End to John O'Groats, and while I agree some of the players are overpaid, they have also had to work to become professional.

I did not attend the game and have not had chance to look at any real stats as I was following my husband and his colleague as they were on Day 2 of an 8 day cycle trek from Lands End to John O'Groats. Having completed 136 miles with altitudes along the way that meant they climbed Snowdown at least twice!!! with 10 hours spent in the saddle, I was looking forward to telling him the result. These over paid prima donnas probably spend a couple of hours a day training and play for 90 minutes, whilst he has completed 250 miles in horrendous rain and winds in 2 days. He is also twice some of their ages at nearly 49! When he set off from Lands End on Friday morning the rain and wind were so strong you could hardly stand up never mind cycle. They have funded the trip themselves staying in bunk houses with shared toilets/showers whilst players probably stay in lovely hotels with all the mod cons.

Hope some of the players read this and put in a better performance next Saturday against Blackpool so he has something to cheer about on the long drive back from John O'Groats.

I never take peoples comments seriously who don't go to games as the above poster said Blackburn are a good side and the quality they have showed in the end.

All footballers are over paid yes however all footballers more or less give up their childhoods to get to the highest level so that's a bit harsh really and we don't have any prima donnas no more Sven isn't in charge.

We will come good! Congrats on bike ride all the best :)

Sometimes you give it your best and events conspire so that you lose.

I know people who have undertaken charity events such as you are doing and not finished them because of one thing or another. You going to have a go at them as well?

If your horse were any higher it would be a giraffe.

Sometimes you give it your best and events conspire so that you lose.

I know people who have undertaken charity event such as you are doing and not finished them because of one thing or another. You going to have a go at them as well?

If your horse horse were any higher it would be a giraffe.

lol

I don't think anyone thinks you're getting on your high horse, it's just that your point isn't very good. Money is irrelevant because it's the same on both sides, and by all accounts it's the best football we've played in years. So regardless of what anyone else is doing at the same time, 'disgrace' is the wrong word, representing the wrong sentiment, at possibly the most inaccurate time since MON.

But can totally understand tired and frustrated post bike ride-did London Paris in 24 hours recently for Parkinson's (a lot shorter and flatter of course) and it takes a while to get senses back. Hope when you next watch the play you can enjoy the style, along with not being massively uncomfortable, wet and tired...

Shouldn`t you be cooking dinner?

This was the point at which where anything else you said had no worth whatsoever. Whatever your husband has done has nothing to do with the players, I'm pretty sure he couldn't play Championship level football every week. I, in contrast to you, did go and see the match so do have something on which to base an opinion. I do now the stats, I do know what the performance was like, and I do know that everything you say is not worth the time it takes to read.

This is not the season we went down, this is not a lack of effort, this is not a lack of commitment. This is the third game (the second in a week we have performed well yet got nothing) of the season. The kindest words I can use you describing it as a 'disgrace' are premature and deluded.

Archived