Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrandMrsF

Disgrace!

I did not attend the game and have not had chance to look at any real stats as I was following my husband and his colleague as they were on Day 2 of an 8 day cycle trek from Lands End to John O'Groats. Having completed 136 miles with altitudes along the way that meant they climbed Snowdown at least twice!!! with 10 hours spent in the saddle, I was looking forward to telling him the result. These over paid prima donnas probably spend a couple of hours a day training and play for 90 minutes, whilst he has completed 250 miles in horrendous rain and winds in 2 days. He is also twice some of their ages at nearly 49! When he set off from Lands End on Friday morning the rain and wind were so strong you could hardly stand up never mind cycle. They have funded the trip themselves staying in bunk houses with shared toilets/showers whilst players probably stay in lovely hotels with all the mod cons.

Hope some of the players read this and put in a better performance next Saturday against Blackpool so he has something to cheer about on the long drive back from John O'Groats.

Do I sound angry with them - well yes I am!!

I know how you feel - I am in a similar situation. I'm on day two our of my eight day FIFA 12 Xbox marathon. On average, I'm putting in 10 hours a day, sometimes more; I have had many a sleepless night guiding Scunthorpe United to Champions League glory. My button pushing fingers are worn and bloody, while my hand has developed into a claw-like device. Yet even though I put in more then twice the amount of effort - I am not being paid nearly as much as these over-paid lazy good for nothings! They probably only go to the park for a 5 minute kick about and then head home for lunch, yet how much do I get paid for the sweat, blood and tears that goes into getting five-star skills for my virtual pro? The answer is not a lot.

I didn't lose a single game in my entire season in the championship, yet our players have the gall to lose TWO games already?! I bet they're not even playing on the most difficult setting like I am. They have the luxury of sleeping in posh hotels which probably cost my yearly allowance, while I have to sleep in my messy room, which I do not even have time to clean since I have spent my life dedicated to winning the treble. My girlfriend had looked foward to telling me the result - yet I was so dissapointed when I heard it, that I almost rage quit my head-to-head seasons.

Regardless, I'm hoping for better results so that I can complete my marathon in better spirits. I may not survive the attempt, but I hope the players read this and are inspired by my feats to perform better in the next match. If I can make Scunthorpe win back to back Champions Leagues, then why can't they beat Blackburn?

Your husband and colleague didn't have another team trying to stop them from climbing Snowdonia.

they are not climbing Snowdonia, they are cycling the length of the country. No they only have the elements trying to stop them!!!

And if the elements do stop them, will you be calling them a disgrace too?

Does he do this often? Spend lots of days away from you I mean?

You've made yourself look a bit of a prat. Good luck to your hubby I think he will need it.

And if the elements do stop them, will you be calling them a disgrace too?

Does he do this often? Spend lots of days away from you I mean?

You've made yourself look a bit of a prat. Good luck to your hubby I think he will need it.

lol I wonder how far he will be willing to cycle away from home when he reads this

Your husband and colleague didn't have another team trying to stop them from climbing Snowdonia.

they are not climbing Snowdonia, they are cycling the length of the country. No they only have the elements trying to stop them!!!

Apologies. I misread your ridiculous point.

Your husband and colleague didn't have another team trying to stop them from cycling the length of the country.

Must be troll?

Don't think so, I seem recollect her posting before trying to drum up sponsorship for this venture, if she had worded this correctly and included a link she probably could have got some more money instead of a torrent of abuse.

First of all well done to your husband for taking part in his bike ride, secondly you couldn't have come across any worse. How many years of training did your husband put into this bike ride? What strict lifestyle does he lead? What's his nutrition plan like? How many hours a week does he get with his family? These overpaid prima donnas didn't get the result yesterday but they put in a spirited performance to be proud of, as I'm sure your husband is on his trek across the country, my advice spend more time cheering him on than complaining about something you seem to know little about.

I know how you feel - I am in a similar situation. I'm on day two our of my eight day FIFA 12 Xbox marathon. On average, I'm putting in 10 hours a day, sometimes more; I have had many a sleepless night guiding Scunthorpe United to Champions League glory. My button pushing fingers are worn and bloody, while my hand has developed into a claw-like device. Yet even though I put in more then twice the amount of effort - I am not being paid nearly as much as these over-paid lazy good for nothings! They probably only go to the park for a 5 minute kick about and then head home for lunch, yet how much do I get paid for the sweat, blood and tears that goes into getting five-star skills for my virtual pro? The answer is not a lot.

I didn't lose a single game in my entire season in the championship, yet our players have the gall to lose TWO games already?! I bet they're not even playing on the most difficult setting like I am. They have the luxury of sleeping in posh hotels which probably cost my yearly allowance, while I have to sleep in my messy room, which I do not even have time to clean since I have spent my life dedicated to winning the treble. My girlfriend had looked foward to telling me the result - yet I was so dissapointed when I heard it, that I almost rage quit my head-to-head seasons.

Regardless, I'm hoping for better results so that I can complete my marathon in better spirits. I may not survive the attempt, but I hope the players read this and are inspired by my feats to peform better in the next match. If I can make Scunthorpe win back to back Champions Leagues, then why can't they beat Blackburn?

What the fvck has your personal self indulgent obsession got to do with cycling. Are you not aware just how important cycling is as a test of human endurance. Do you not realise that once all the worlds oil has been consumed we will be in debt to the pioneers of pedal power. Disgraceful.

1 Hydrogen H 1.00794 1 / IA 1 2 Helium He 4.002602 18 / VIIIA 1 3 Lithium Li 6.941 1 / IA 2 4 Beryllium Be 9.012182 2 / IIA 2 5 Boron B 10.811 13 / IIIA 2 6 Carbon C 12.0107 14 / IVA 2 7 Nitrogen N 14.0067 15 / VA 2 8 Oxygen O 15.9994 16 / VIA 2 9 Fluorine F 18.9984032 17 / VIIA 2 10 Neon Ne 20.1797 18 / VIIIA 2 11 Sodium (Natrium) Na 22.98976928 1 / IA 3

to be fair his opposition looks pretty good on paper....

What the fvck has your personal self indulgent obsession got to do with cycling. Are you not aware just how important cycling is as a test of human endurance. Do you not realise that once all the worlds oil has been consumed we will be in debt to the pioneers of pedal power. Disgraceful.

lol

Chill out and go and have a Yorkie

I'm OK my local Asda has just had those electric car chargers fitted

What has your obsessive cycling fettish got to do with Xbox? All cycling involves is sitting down on your arse and waggling your legs for a bit, it doesn't require the concentration, reflexes, skill and dedication that Xbox does.

Are you not aware just how important FIFA 12 is in demonstrating how completley awesome you are at football, and how easily you could manage a team to win the champions league? Do you realise that if we didn't have Fifa 12, then we would never be able to scout all those hidden players who have 90+ pace, or who have a high potential in career mode and write letters to Nigel Pearson to sign them up? Without FIFA, how else are England ever going to beat Germany at football?

Fvking disgrace!!!!!

I'm sorry but what a stupid OP whilst i admire your husbands efforts. No one forced him to cycle the length of the country. Maybe you should do next weeks teamtalk afterall i'm sure the players don't go out to lose.

All i have heard is positive reports on how we played yesterday. I wish your husband all the best but would suggest when he is done he stays in cornwall. Whilst sending you back to chester.

Archived