Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody use Sound of Vinyl?

They've been doing a "deal of the day". Anyway not much took my interest till last week and, just been delivered, I got The Cure "The Head On The Door" for £7.99.

The_Cure_-_The_Head_on_the_Door.jpg (316×316)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went in my local record shop today. Couldn't go in and browse, just had to ask. Anyway I got what I wanted which was The Rolling Stones new single "Living In A Ghost Town". Very apt but actually a good song.

It will probably feature on another of their compilation albums they'll bring out within the next couple of years or so lol 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just been to my first record fair during Covid/post lockdown.

Shame it rained but it was a decent turnout. I managed to pick up Bowie "Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars" and Green Day "Dookie" for decent prices.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Inside Shakup Records - new record shop being opened by city musician who played with Stevie Wonder
A launch party is happening this weekend

0_DSC_0443JPG.jpg

A new record shop is set to open this weekend in Clarendon Park.

Shakup Records is being launched by Leicester musician Nick Murphy, together with his two sons, who are also involved in the music industry.

Based in Montague Road, the new business is described as "Leicester's grooviest new vinyl store and music hub".

Shakup Records will hold a launch party on Saturday, August 15 - but we were invited in early, to bring you a sneak peek of the new city business.

The shop will stock new and used vinyl ranging from funk and soul to hip-hop, jungle to punk rock, and everything else in between.

There is also be a live room downstairs, where a wide range of music lessons will be provided, such as drumming, DJing (digital and vinyl), music production and recording.

The space will also be used to showcase local talent on a bi-weekly basis.

Take a virtual tour in our gallery below

First look inside new Leicester record shop Shakup Records

View gallery  - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/inside-shakup-records-new-record-4416572

Nick has had a long career in music, which in 1984 included playing on a record, Feel It, with the legendary Stevie Wonder, when Nick was in the Leicester-based group Feelabeelia.

He then fronted the band Ska-Boom and has played in bands ever since, before deciding to start this new chapter in his life.

He has teamed up with his sons, Sonny and Finn, who are house music producers and DJs and go under the alias Murphy's Law.

They are full-time musicians and promoters, running an event in Leicester called Full House and performing all over Europe.

Saturday's launch event at Shakup Records will run from 12pm until 5pm and promises live music, drinks, special guests and good vibes.

The team will be doing their best to ensure that social distancing measures are followed, and will be providing sanitiser to customers at the door.

Opening hours will be 10.30am to 5.30pm Tuesday to Saturday, 10.30am to 2.30pm Sunday, closed on Monday.

Posted this in the Leicester Good Stuff thread, probably better in here.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2020 at 12:27, BrummieFOX said:

Anyone got their eye on anything from the Record Store Day releases tomorrow?

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-drop-august/

Nothing massively grabs me really, but will pop along for a browse.

I bought New Order's Peel Session and Hotrats 10th anniversary reissue

• Like 1