Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

just to point out i realise bvsc is cuban lol 

just thought i'd recommend some other good world music loool

Haha no bother. I'm getting in to Latin music in general so all good. I love the vibe of it but there's so much of it. So recommendations are much appreciated. :)

10 minutes ago, Soup said:

Haha no bother. I'm getting in to Latin music in general so all good. I love the vibe of it but there's so much of it. So recommendations are much appreciated. :)

that compilation covers a lot of good Columbian stuff.

if you want a good introduction and haven't seen it yet - narcos and narcos mexico have awesome OSTs

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

that compilation covers a lot of good Columbian stuff.

if you want a good introduction and haven't seen it yet - narcos and narcos mexico have awesome OSTs

I've not seen Narcos yet so will give it a go. 

51 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Mr Bongo are a great place for South American records. They have a lot of good playlists on Spotify too ease your way into it too 

Sounds interesting. Will check this out as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could do with some suggestions/advice. Not a big vinyl player but have a few and would like to get into it a bit more, though unlikely to use it mega often. Currently only have a very old Ion USB thing that I connect to my HiFi through Aux but it doesn't seem great and albums seem to stick a lot. I don't want to spend too much but guessing I should avoid the cheapo all-in-one things as I do want a decent sound. Preferably <£200 with in-built preamp, any ideas? Also on speakers? 

Anyone else regret jumping on the CD bandwagon.years ago. Going through my CD collection recently and I dread to think what it would've been worth if I'd of stuck to buying vinyl. Plus it's way better browsing through vinyl, comforting in fact.

• Like 4

On 09/01/2021 at 17:17, Soup said:

Anyone else regret jumping on the CD bandwagon.years ago. Going through my CD collection recently and I dread to think what it would've been worth if I'd of stuck to buying vinyl. Plus it's way better browsing through vinyl, comforting in fact.

To be fair you'd have struggled to get most music as a record during the mid / late 90's onwards. Don't get me wrong there was still stuff out there, but most shops only supplied cd's and online shopping was near non existent. 

Get the reissues and enjoy the music don't worry how much they are worth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

To be fair you'd have struggled to get most music as a record during the mid / late 90's onwards. Don't get me wrong there was still stuff out there, but most shops only supplied cd's and online shopping was near non existent. 

Get the reissues and enjoy the music don't worry how much they are worth.

Yeah true I see your point but I've tonnes of late 80's early 90's stuff that I would've got on vinyl. Just a bit gutted that's all. 

Not that fussed about the worth but when the CD's are worth about £1000 and the Vinyl maybe 10k it does make you think a bit lol

One of the things I have missed the most (besides going down the City) has been record collecting. Admittedly, I’d fallen out of the habit of properly collecting over the past few years; mainly because Morrissey started to get on my wick and Smiths/Solo is the core of my collection.

I do miss finding a little indie record shop if I was ever out of town and just spending a bit of time flicking through the crates. Found some great stuff in places like Clampdown Records in Manchester, killing a bit of time before a train home. Plenty of good finds in Camden Market too.

There’s been plenty of casualties in the slow death of the high street, but I’m sure this current situation will see a few more off — like almost every other industry. I don’t buy many new releases, but where I do I’ve tried to buy them from different indie stores online each time. Hopefully, with the resurgence in vinyl in the last decade or so it’s allowed those that do sell online to make a bit and get through this.

Fingers crossed these places are getting the appropriate grants to help them through, I’ll miss them if they go. It’s great to see the new place opening up in Clarendon — if it only it was there when I lived round the corner!

• Like 2