Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

On 19/04/2021 at 22:10, Soup said:

Finally won a copy of 3 Feet High and Rising by De La Soul. £51,not a mint copy but I'll take that as they've been going for £80 plus for an original of late. 

Don't think it will ever be reissued too many uncleared samples

• 1 month later...

This morning I visited my local record store for the first time since it reopened. Ended up spending nearly £40:

Wolf Alice new album "Blue Weekend" (just playing the B side now);

The Specials 40th anniversary of "Ghost Town";

Baddiel & Skinner 25th anniversary of "Three Lions" (A side is '96 and B side is '98).

• Like 2

On 07/06/2021 at 11:06, sharpylcfc said:

I can't believe that not a single record store is taking part in RSD in Leicester on Saturday pretty shocked by that. What is everyone wanting to get on RSD?

I've never got involved in this but there's an ash vinyl I really want. Only 1000 printed. Do a certain amount go to each store? Because I'm in Lincoln, which also doesn't have anywhere participating.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I've never got involved in this but there's an ash vinyl I really want. Only 1000 printed. Do a certain amount go to each store? Because I'm in Lincoln, which also doesn't have anywhere participating.

I believe so! I know banquet records are releasing their RSD stock online at 6pm if you wanted to try on there.

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sdb said:

7 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

I believe so! I know banquet records are releasing their RSD stock online at 6pm if you wanted to try on there.

Yeah, I usually go my local record shop every year, but today didn't go (first time in years). Thought I wouldn't be bothered, although I wanted a couple of records, but now I've seen them on eBay for double the price I'm gutted lol 

A lot of places are putting their remaining stock online at 6pm so might be worth a look. Check their social media accounts out for info regarding stock left etc. Other year I forgot about Procol Harum, rang on the Monday and thankfully they had two left!

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

bought the first Thrills LP on red vinyl

the Noel Gallagher high flying birds best of

the supregrass going out single

fontaines dc live lp

I managed to get The Thrills, NGHFB and Linkin Park. Which I'm really happy with. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 22:39, Dr Marco said:

bought the first Thrills LP on red vinyl

the Noel Gallagher high flying birds best of

the supregrass going out single

fontaines dc live lp

I missed out on Haim's 'Gasoline' (with Taylor Swift) which I really want. Trying to hold out until price goes down on eBay. I think it's my last resort. I love seeing people put them on for £40 and nobody bidding.

Hope the High Flying Birds is good? Think I'll wait and ask for it for Christmas as I do have his other 3 records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Hope the High Flying Birds is good? Think I'll wait and ask for it for Christmas as I do have his other 3 records.

only a couple of new songs on it (but good ones)

the rest is mostly the singles of all the albums 

• Like 1

Anyone been to Turntable Coffee & Vinyl? New cafe in Blaby just opened. Went Friday and got Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna, sounds great. Also Bowie's Ashes to Ashes single. Decent selection in there and it's attached to the Antiques Centre which has some in too. 

18 hours ago, Libertine said:

Anyone been to Turntable Coffee & Vinyl? New cafe in Blaby just opened. Went Friday and got Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna, sounds great. Also Bowie's Ashes to Ashes single. Decent selection in there and it's attached to the Antiques Centre which has some in too. 

Yeah, I've been only had a coffee though, had a flick through the vinyl, seems reasonably priced. Cheaper than some of the shysters in the antique centre who want a tenner for a Eurythmics LP 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Might do a wall in my new office that colour. Do you know what brand? 

Is this the most boring thing I've ever discussed on here?

I've been discussing paint colours for 31 year's and yes it is pretty boring.

Unfortunately no as I've chucked the old can. It's a Dulux colour though but they have dozens of yellows so not much help