Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Pearson IN

No what I mean is it is this week it might of been important to focus and prepare for Blackpool than Burton

Sorry Jace, I gathered what you meant ! Just my idea of humour ! Probably too early and probably the wrong day for such like !

And keep the self righteous 'real supporter happy clapper' (great term) bullshit to yourself, and do try to understand it is possible to be a Leicester fan without always being enamoured of the manager or the board - tit

Make no mistake, I think last night's result was a disgrace and the players completely let the manager down. No matter what side we put out for that game, we should have been good enough to beat Burton Albion, absolutely no question. There were a lot of players on the pitch who thought all they had to do was turn up to win the match and they got a rude awakening. In some ways, I'm quite happy about the result because it means we won't have to see terrible players such as Danns, St Ledger, Schlupp, Waghorn or Gallagher anywhere near the first team any time soon.

However, last night's result was an anomoly. Resort to insults if you like, I can see the positive progression this team has made since last season. If you're so blinkered in your dislike of our management team that you can't look at our past two league games and see the sings that, actually, there is the makings of a very good championship side, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm not a 'real supporter happy clapper' - people who blindly support the team regardless of results and performance piss me off as much as people who find blindly criticise and chastise the team regardless of results. It's fine to criticise the manager and the team and the board, I've got no problem with that and when they deserve it, I criticise them - I think the players were shit last night and I think the manager picked the complete wrong 11 for the match, but I can see that he wanted to give some fringe players an opportunity to play themselves into contention. However, when people like you come on here, expressing such obvious glee without offering anything constructive, then I take issue with it and I don't particularly care if you think that makes me a 'tit'.

It's a big test for Pearson now - he needs to address the performance consequently and that for me means trying to move 2 or 3 of them on. Problem is he has also said he's not looking to do anything else in the market this window. Big call for him to make but a couple of those players from last night need to be on their way and replaced quickly.

I agree, and in fact, i thought the Kasper interview was more enlightening than Pearsons, when he was talking about players who are not happy being on the bench, knuckling down and trying to fight their way into the team.

It suggested a few unhappy players, who possibly maybe rocking the boat a little.

I think we are overloaded with strikers, and i would try to sell at least one, probably Waggy, much as it pains me to say it, because he was great here first time around, but it just hasn`t happened for him since he`s been back, through the managerial changes and then his injury.

For his own progression, i think he would be better off moving on.

I would also loan out Schlupp who needs to be playing games,to become a better, more experienced player in my opinion, and i don`t think he will be doing that here much this season.

Despite being disappointed so far in James, it`s to early to make a judgement on him, but I think i would also look to let Danns go.

He was great towards the end of last season, before his injury, but was very disappointing the early part of last season, and last night he had a shocker, and i just wonder if he may have been one of those players that may be rocking the boat.

If the Thais replace NP do you trust them to bring the right man in I don't..

Because they will probably revert back to prime donna status managers i.e Rafa, Sven :ph34r: , Redknapp lol, Dalglish for example

They will probably go back to their old ways and not realize that to get out of this division you need a manager with championship experience and no how such is the nature of the division, if he has prem experience as well that is an added bonus but probably not a major factor because we are in the bloody championship!

Managers out at the moment in the free agent market don't leave me too enamored only Mick McCarthy and Billy Davies and to a lesser extent Alan Curbishley are okayish candidates

Can you really see us forking out compensation for another manager in another job I cannot.

So unless the Thais have a replacement in mind and are 100% confident of getting it done it would be foolish to sack NP.

This is the big worry that i have too.

I agree, and in fact, i thought the Kasper interview was more enlightening than Pearsons, when he was talking about players who are not happy being on the bench, knuckling down and trying to fight their way into the team.

It suggested a few unhappy players, who possibly maybe rocking the boat a little.

I think we are overloaded with strikers, and i would try to sell at least one, probably Waggy, much as it pains me to say it, because he was great here first time around, but it just hasn`t happened for him since he`s been back, through the managerial changes and then his injury.

For his own progression, i think he would be better off moving on.

I would also loan out Schlupp who needs to be playing games,to become a better, more experienced player in my opinion, and i don`t think he will be doing that here much this season.

Despite being disappointed so far in James, it`s to early to make a judgement on him, but I think i would also look to let Danns go.

He was great towards the end of last season, before his injury, but was very disappointing the early part of last season, and last night he had a shocker, and i just wonder if he may have been one of those players that may be rocking the boat.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left, he had a purple patch last season during a period when our midifeld was depleted and at its worst due to drops in form and injuries - the phrase 'even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut' springs to mind. He's not good enough for a promotion chasing side and if he's pissed off he's not in the first team, I'd ship him out either on loan or permanently. Another big time charlie we never should have brought to the club, he obviously thought he was doing us a favour by turning down Celtic to sign for us. Well, they can have him and his shite, misplaced hollywood passes as far as I'm concerned.

Make no mistake, I think last night's result was a disgrace and the players completely let the manager down. No matter what side we put out for that game, we should have been good enough to beat Burton Albion, absolutely no question. There were a lot of players on the pitch who thought all they had to do was turn up to win the match and they got a rude awakening. In some ways, I'm quite happy about the result because it means we won't have to see terrible players such as Danns, St Ledger, Schlupp, Waghorn or Gallagher anywhere near the first team any time soon.

However, last night's result was an anomoly. Resort to insults if you like, I can see the positive progression this team has made since last season. If you're so blinkered in your dislike of our management team that you can't look at our past two league games and see the sings that, actually, there is the makings of a very good championship side, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm not a 'real supporter happy clapper' - people who blindly support the team regardless of results and performance piss me off as much as people who find blindly criticise and chastise the team regardless of results. It's fine to criticise the manager and the team and the board, I've got no problem with that and when they deserve it, I criticise them - I think the players were shit last night and I think the manager picked the complete wrong 11 for the match, but I can see that he wanted to give some fringe players an opportunity to play themselves into contention. However, when people like you come on here, expressing such obvious glee without offering anything constructive, then I take issue with it and I don't particularly care if you think that makes me a 'tit'.

Here you go again - why is it with glee? When the board sack him, it will be the same team I support without a manager and looking for a new one from a limited pool. I reserve the right to suggest that this guy is not as good as he was last time he was here and his return was part of a disastrous run of poor decision making by the very inexperienced board.

Constructively - Pearson's options are limited now and he needs to very quickly sort out his new team - he is the one who assured us all that after a summer break and with his new players we would be on the road to glory - I have only watched the Blackburn game, yes we were better than at times last season but frankly not good enough - last night was a perfect opportunity to play the same team from Saturday and get them confident by thrashing Burton - to not play them and to lose, Pearson has made an error that has put him under more pressure than he should be under for Saturday. Why would he do this? pressure from players like Gally and Waggy? or an inability to see or care what is going on around him - whatever the reason, his judgement must be in question and that is a worry.

Sorry I called you a tit

Here you go again - why is it with glee? When the board sack him, it will be the same team I support without a manager and looking for a new one from a limited pool. I reserve the right to suggest that this guy is not as good as he was last time he was here and his return was part of a disastrous run of poor decision making by the very inexperienced board.

Constructively - Pearson's options are limited now and he needs to very quickly sort out his new team - he is the one who assured us all that after a summer break and with his new players we would be on the road to glory - I have only watched the Blackburn game, yes we were better than at times last season but frankly not good enough - last night was a perfect opportunity to play the same team from Saturday and get them confident by thrashing Burton - to not play them and to lose, Pearson has made an error that has put him under more pressure than he should be under for Saturday. Why would he do this? pressure from players like Gally and Waggy? or an inability to see or care what is going on around him - whatever the reason, his judgement must be in question and that is a worry.

Sorry I called you a tit

No worries, it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

I can see the difference between our performances in the first few games this season and the first ferw games last season. On the positive side, we're creating a lot of chances, the performances have been good team performances and we've been very unlucky to have only 3 points out of 9. It's encouraging, however, that on another day we could have quite easily be sitting here talking about 9 points out of 9.

However, I'm realistic and we need to start combining these good performances with good results, on the negative side we've conceded some sloppy goals, we've squandered an endless amount of challenges - if we don't change this soon, it's going to be a disappointing season.

BUT on the whole, I think the basis of a very good championship team is there and I think the problems we are having are within our power to solve. I don't think the system needs changing, I don't think the players quality or effort can be questioned after the first few league games and I honestly think we will turn it around. One big criticism I've always made of Pearson is that his style of football is often negative and counter-productive, but from what I've seen so far this season, I've been very pleasantly surprised.

I can see why he made the changes he did last night; he wanted to give fringe players the opportunity to play themselves into contention, which is only fair. It failed miserably and the players thoroughly let him down. I don't think anyone could argue that the side we put out could and should have beaten Burton. I'm just glad he gave these players their chance in what was, in truth, a pretty meaningless cup game rather than a league game where it would really matter. No-one covered themselves in glory last night, but on the plus side, at least it means we won't be seeing any of these inpet, un-committed players such as Danns, Gallagher, St Ledger, Waghorn or Schlupp anywhere near the first team in the near future and it might give Pearson a wake up call that perhaps our strength in depth isn't quite what we thought and maybe we need to look at bringing in one or two players.

No worries, it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

I can see the difference between our performances in the first few games this season and the first ferw games last season. On the positive side, we're creating a lot of chances, the performances have been good team performances and we've been very unlucky to have only 3 points out of 9. It's encouraging, however, that on another day we could have quite easily be sitting here talking about 9 points out of 9.

However, I'm realistic and we need to start combining these good performances with good results, on the negative side we've conceded some sloppy goals, we've squandered an endless amount of challenges - if we don't change this soon, it's going to be a disappointing season.

BUT on the whole, I think the basis of a very good championship team is there and I think the problems we are having are within our power to solve. I don't think the system needs changing, I don't think the players quality or effort can be questioned after the first few league games and I honestly think we will turn it around. One big criticism I've always made of Pearson is that his style of football is often negative and counter-productive, but from what I've seen so far this season, I've been very pleasantly surprised.

I can see why he made the changes he did last night; he wanted to give fringe players the opportunity to play themselves into contention, which is only fair. It failed miserably and the players thoroughly let him down. I don't think anyone could argue that the side we put out could and should have beaten Burton. I'm just glad he gave these players their chance in what was, in truth, a pretty meaningless cup game rather than a league game where it would really matter. No-one covered themselves in glory last night, but on the plus side, at least it means we won't be seeing any of these inpet, un-committed players such as Danns, Gallagher, St Ledger, Waghorn or Schlupp anywhere near the first team in the near future and it might give Pearson a wake up call that perhaps our strength in depth isn't quite what we thought and maybe we need to look at bringing in one or two players.

This exactly.

That's the part I don't get about Seenitall. You've hit the nail on the head.

He seems to loiter about the forum, having little snipes at many aspects of the club and, from what I see anyway, doesn't seem to balance these with any ideas that can be considered constructive.

In fact, nothing at all other than how shite we are and how crap everything is.

From what I see anyway.

He seems to loiter about the forum, having little snipes at many aspects of the club and, from what I see anyway, doesn't seem to balance these with any ideas that can be considered constructive.

From what I see anyway.

Maybe he feels like me. Fed up with mediocrity on the field over the past good few seasons.

We have a handful of useful players, and a manager who really doesn't seem to comprehend what he is doing.

Sorry if you don't like it, but then neither do I.

Some much negativity on here. Why? I don't care about the COC

All i care about is the league. And getting us back to the big time. I haven't missed a game so far. And it's left me optimistic. Yes, results haven't gone well so far. But i would have been far more worried walking out as a Blackburn fan than a Leicester one last saturday.

Where as if they keep playing like that the cracks will begin to show, we were a hard working unit, knocking it round well and creating chances. Nugent will eventually start to bag. Vardy is the Dickov type player we have needed up top.

The Burton result turned what has been 2 great performances without the results into panic stations. And why? Yes it was abysmal. But it was a bunch of fringe players, some looking unfit, in the COC.

So let's get together. 43 games to go. Let's not be that inconsistent shambles of last year. Let's get behind the lads and Nigel. Because i believe in Nige. And Nige believes in you.

:pearson: Go On Nige

One day people will realise that we need to give management stability a go, seeing as changing manager's for a decade has left us worse than ever.

Crowd can help make the difference in a tough game tomorrow, if we're not with them, we're against them

One day people will realise that we need to give management stability a go, seeing as changing manager's for a decade has left us worse than ever.

Crowd can help make the difference in a tough game tomorrow, if we're not with them, we're against them

People will never realise it again. It used to be the nrom but now we have morons calling for managers heads after a handful of games. Owners want PL as quick as possible though and people like them lead this sacking culture, it will only get worse. If he does go later in the season, I hope we have somebody lined up this time and not wait 3 weeks and interview numerous people and all but give the job to Roy Keane.

why are fans who want him sacked morons etc etc. look at his record since he has come back no better than sven at the end of season and record this season only 2 points better than sousa and people were shouting for him to be sacked by know.how peoples attitude changes toward pearson the son of **** it up

Ok so I have calmed down about NP now, and realise he does need until atleast Christmas , time to stop hating and be happy with what we have got, so c-mon Pearson and so called hungry players let's , show the championship we are the real deal !!!!!

But not happy about beckford leaving or not would not of minded getting rid if we had sharp or Maynard to replace.

From what I see anyway.

Loiter? Is there anothervway to be on here?

Agree about sniping at the club. I think that post Mandaric it has been a shambles, the owners imitiated a big spend policy and then pulled the plug after 13 games last year without a new policy in place. I believe at the point they sacked Sven they were keen on Martin O neill, which would have necessitated them staying in the spending zone but they either couldn't convince him they were up for it, or he sussed out that they were clueless, or something else, but whatever, they then floundered for long enough to kill the season off and paid well over the odds for Nige.

I like Nige, but I am not convinced that he can pick up the momentum he had first time here and so, why I think he should go sooner rather than later - I don't believe he will get us promoted or even if a miracle play off season does get us there, will be hopeless in the Prem which will mean more upheaval etc etc. i believe in stability and therefore we should have gone for someone with a bright future, ambitious butbwith the ability to become a good Premier league manager.

I don't think Nige will achieve this, the board will remove him by Xmas and the instability starts again, so it may as well come while the season is saveable rather than half way through when the job, as we have seen two seasons running, is more difficult meaning we lose yet another year.

My belief that Nige has lost it is based on his own record these past three seasons, not his ability when he took us straight back up, which was genius and makes me bracket him with former managers like Brian Little or Micky Adams, neither of who I would want back but both of who did good things for a while here.

So in a nutshell, we have no football brain at the head of the club, our manager is floundering. I want him to turn it arouns and will be 100% behind the team in every game they play, as I have been since I was 7 years old. It will hurt if they lose and I will want to see something that suggests we are moving in the right direction. I watched the Blackburn game and saw some good signs ( Vardy, Knocky) but it wasn't as great as everyone suggested and Blackburn never looked in real trouble against us. Nige needed a win on Tues and blew it, his mistake, not mine for being a disappointed fan.

Bless you all on this board, but suggesting that someone who thinks we are going the wrong way is not a fan is frustrating, amusing and plain wrong. We need stability, we need a great manager and strong leadership at the top of the club and in the past few years we have had none of those.

Sorry if not kissing the rings of all those at the club upsets some of you, but I'll let you know when I think its going well, just press ignore or don't readif you don't like opinions that differ from your own.

Trouble is NP is trying to adopt a new philosophy he never been an all out attacking manager so it is going to take time will this be at the expense of a promotion push I don't know, all this ground work ideally should of been done in pre season, if NP goes back to basics we may pick up results..

Archived