Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Pearson IN

If the Thais had that strategy then their would be no debate about that statement the team we have has potential but is no way yet the finished article, in my eyes they probably want us to be in the playoffs of the league by now and expect us to be automatic challengers, the pressure is on for NP and their is only one way were that is going..

A season doesn't end after 3 games, being in the play offs now wouldn't guarantee us a play off place at the end of the season, yes 9 points would be better than 3, but we have 43 more games to go, lots of time to pick up points. Also what strategy? I haven't seen any statement saying promotion is a must this season like we had last year under Sven? I may have missed it, and I know that obviously they'd want it as soon as possible, but I haven't seen that promotion is a must? So why are the Thais definitely going to sack him?

A season doesn't end after 3 games, being in the play offs now wouldn't guarantee us a play off place at the end of the season, yes 9 points would be better than 3, but we have 43 more games to go, lots of time to pick up points. Also what strategy? I haven't seen any statement saying promotion is a must this season like we had last year under Sven? I may have missed it, and I know that obviously they'd want it as soon as possible, but I haven't seen that promotion is a must? So why are the Thais definitely going to sack him?

yes 9 points and you could lose 2 and bounce back, if we lose our next 2 which could be quite possible given the games thats 3 points from a possible 15, another loss and he could be right up shit street. i want every leicester manager to do well i am just thinking about past situations and things that could happen.

Did i say that? just stating that the owners will want results. and have i not once said i want pearson out, pearson needs result's at the minute a few draws and a loss in the next 3 games could spell the end of him, you say time, he is not far off the time that sven spent here and was sacked 2 points of the play offs! all i'm saying is that he could be sacked things happen owners want results not good performances it's there investment and if the performances are good but no end prodouct they might want a change, sousa needed a few results his way they didn't come!!! sven needed a few results if we beat millwall then won the game after maybe he would still be in charge.

My point was you said it's a results business which is true, I was just stating that to get results you need to build a team, you keep tweaking it and finally it clicks. Yes he's approaching the same period of time that Sven had, but Pearson's plan is a lot different to that of Sven's, Sven went out and tried to buy the league, no one can deny that, he spent huge on transfer fees, he spent big on wages. I don't think Sven went purely because of his results, I feel he went because he had put the club in an unstable position and they needed a reason to get rid of him, the inconsistency of the team was as good as any, the owners realised we were not going down the correct route. I know I'm banging on about building a team, but it's the key to it all and that's why Pearson was brought in, to bring a bit of stability to the squad, yes it didn't take off straight away, but he's got his players in now, and the positives are there, we're not finishing our chances, but is anyone really worried that Nugent and Beckford aren't going to get us goals? As for the leaky defense, I am concerned but I have faith in us to come good, I know it's optimistic, but we are going about this the right way.

yes 9 points and you could lose 2 and bounce back, if we lose our next 2 which could be quite possible given the games thats 3 points from a possible 15, another loss and he could be right up shit street. i want every leicester manager to do well i am just thinking about past situations and things that could happen.

I know what your getting at and your right, it'll put the pressure on him, but I honestly think the owners will stick with him. I could well be wrong, I don't know the owners, but I also don't think there's enough to suggest they'll sack him.

Whilst I agree with you, I'm pretty sure the owners will be thinking long and hard if Saturday brings more bad news.

I don't think they will just yet, they have tried the sacking game twice now and it's failed miserably. Wouldn't be shocked for him to get a lot more time except for a disaster.

Whilst I agree with you, I'm pretty sure the owners will be thinking long and hard if Saturday brings more bad news.

And I think they'll know that if they jump to a decision it could be a season defining moment. I just don't believe Pearson's the type of manager you'd bring in to get you success after a season in charge, they'll obviously want to do well but know that for it to pay off they may have to be patient, time will tell I guess.

Apart from tonights selection ( were I think nugent should of started) I think nige is perfect for the job.. We have players like konchesky and beckford who are at this club coz there perm days are over. Note get a grip of players egos.. We no you can and thAt way we will win games and hopefully push for promotion

I don't think they will just yet, they have tried the sacking game twice now and it's failed miserably. Wouldn't be shocked for him to get a lot more time except for a disaster.

While I agree it is far too soon, if we are sitting on 3 points after 5 games we will be in the bottom 3. I am not so sure they won't be trigger happy after spending so much money on this club. They will not have built a business empire by hoping things would turn around if they were not working. Football is of course completely different from a normal business. I just hope they can see that too and have learnt from experience.

Just as an aside, how long do you think Pearson should get? I would like him to be given the season unless we are in or around the bottom 3 at Christmas.

While I agree it is far too soon, if we are sitting on 3 points after 5 games we will be in the bottom 3. I am not so sure they won't be trigger happy after spending so much money on this club. They will not have built a business empire by hoping things would turn around if they were not working. Football is of course completely different from a normal business. I just hope they can see that too and have learnt from experience.

Just as an aside, how long do you think Pearson should get? I would like him to be given the season unless we are in or around the bottom 3 at Christmas.

Well I will start looking at where we are 10/15 games into the season, if we are in the bottom three I would fear for him.

It's so difficult to say how long I'd give him, because there are so many factors that would influence my decision.

But I believe the owners would give him until late October (barring a Sousa style disaster), and I don't think that's unreasonable.

As a fan sick of changing manager I'd actually like someone to be given a full season. But I know that's probably unlikely.

Although I do wonder how big payoffs and decisions on managers will alter with FFP. Will clubs give more time because payoffs will bugger up the bottom line? Probably not do much this year but it may do in the future.

Bore off. Bet you were loving it last night, cheering every Burton goal were you? You're an embarrassment, if you want to criticise the side after a poor defeat that's fine, be constructive rather than posting moronic comments like this.

Aahhh - bit sore after losing are we? Golden bollocks let you down for the third time in a week? I can be pissed off when we lose as well you know, despite not liking the management team - too early for a change yet but like I say, tick tock and it won't be me that fires him you silly chap, it will be his employers, who must be wondering what they have achieved almost one year on...........

And keep the self righteous 'real supporter happy clapper' (great term) bullshit to yourself, and do try to understand it is possible to be a Leicester fan without always being enamoured of the manager or the board - tit

Agree with Pearson staying, I just hope it's a blip in an otherwise storming season.

What I'm getting tired of is this "dominating games" and "should of won"... If we are truly playing like this than why aren't we winning? Can't always be the refs fault or luck of the draw. Quite simply we are poor at finishing!

Well I will start looking at where we are 10/15 games into the season, if we are in the bottom three I would fear for him.

It's so difficult to say how long I'd give him, because there are so many factors that would influence my decision.

But I believe the owners would give him until late October (barring a Sousa style disaster), and I don't think that's unreasonable.

As a fan sick of changing manager I'd actually like someone to be given a full season. But I know that's probably unlikely.

Although I do wonder how big payoffs and decisions on managers will alter with FFP. Will clubs give more time because payoffs will bugger up the bottom line? Probably not do much this year but it may do in the future.

I`m like you, i would like him given longer, even to have until the end of the season, unless we go into freefall by christmas, which i really don`t see happening.

I`m not so sure that the Thai owners will be so patient though, as they proved with Sven, and with two tough games coming up, that any club in this division could possibly lose, i do fear for him.

I think if we lose five games on the spin, the owners trigger finger will be getting extremely twitchy!

It's a big test for Pearson now - he needs to address the performance consequently and that for me means trying to move 2 or 3 of them on. Problem is he has also said he's not looking to do anything else in the market this window. Big call for him to make but a couple of those players from last night need to be on their way and replaced quickly.

Aahhh - bit sore after losing are we? Golden bollocks let you down for the third time in a week? I can be pissed off when we lose as well you know, despite not liking the management team - too early for a change yet but like I say, tick tock and it won't be me that fires him you silly chap, it will be his employers, who must be wondering what they have achieved almost one year on...........

And keep the self righteous 'real supporter happy clapper' (great term) bullshit to yourself, and do try to understand it is possible to be a Leicester fan without always being enamoured of the manager or the board - tit

I completely agree with this, while i think Pearson should be given more time, if for nothing else, than because we just seem to be going round in circles every season, when we sack the manager, and it just seems to add to the turmoil, i also think that all our fans want the same thing, which is for us to be successfull.

We just see things differently, in the ways in which we perceive to be the best way forward.

To say that someone is not a fan because they have a different view is ridiculous.

If the Thais replace NP do you trust them to bring the right man in I don't..

Because they will probably revert back to prime donna status managers i.e Rafa, Sven :ph34r: , Redknapp lol, Dalglish for example

They will probably go back to their old ways and not realize that to get out of this division you need a manager with championship experience and no how such is the nature of the division, if he has prem experience as well that is an added bonus but probably not a major factor because we are in the bloody championship!

Managers out at the moment in the free agent market don't leave me too enamored only Mick McCarthy and Billy Davies and to a lesser extent Alan Curbishley are okayish candidates

Can you really see us forking out compensation for another manager in another job I cannot.

So unless the Thais have a replacement in mind and are 100% confident of getting it done it would be foolish to sack NP.

I didnt go to the game last night but reading through the reports it seems that certain players were given the chance to impress and failed dismally. Pearson picked a side that should have won last night whilst resting others for Saturday.

I still think Pearson will achieve great things for us and thankfully last night proved that we have some very substandard players at this level, get rid or loan them out and we all know who they are.... ;0/

Archived