Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Pearson IN

Everybody who thinks that we should sack our manager is a moron.

We have played 4 games. FOUR.

We have won 1, and have played very very well in the other 2 league games and have been very uncluky to get nothing from them. The cup game tonight was an embarrassment. However. it isn't Pearson's fault. He picked a team that was more than capable of winning the game and THEY let us down, not Pearson. How could he foresee such a poor performance?

How about giving him time? He has made good signings and is building a good spine for the team. Morgan - James - Marshall - Futacs - Vardy. We have to give him more time to get a system that works.

We have tried sacking manager after manager and it DOES NOT work. The ironic thing is that many of those saying Nigel should go said that Sven wasn't given enough time! You fvcking hypocrites! We should not have sacked Sven so early and we should not sack Pearson now.

Get a grip for fox sake, and give him the season at least.

I completely concur.

Edit: I like your use of a pun on the last line lol

Played four games 4, lost three game 3.

We have won 1 when we did ok in the second half against one of the weakest teams in the league!

If tonight's game wasn't Pearson's fault then who was it because I really need to tell them I'm not happy?

How much time or we going to give him then, shall we wait until this season is beyond hope of even the play offs or until it's too late to avoid relegation?

I never said Sven wasn't good enough but history will show that I never rated this arrogant nomark even when we we unfortunate enough to have him here as a so called manager before!

Everybody who thinks that we should sack our manager is a moron.

We have played 4 games. FOUR.

We have won 1, and have played very very well in the other 2 league games and have been very uncluky to get nothing from them. The cup game tonight was an embarrassment. However. it isn't Pearson's fault. He picked a team that was more than capable of winning the game and THEY let us down, not Pearson. How could he foresee such a poor performance?

How about giving him time? He has made good signings and is building a good spine for the team. Morgan - James - Marshall - Futacs - Vardy. We have to give him more time to get a system that works.

We have tried sacking manager after manager and it DOES NOT work. The ironic thing is that many of those saying Nigel should go said that Sven wasn't given enough time! You fvcking hypocrites! We should not have sacked Sven so early and we should not sack Pearson now.

Get a grip for fox sake, and give him the season at least.

Firstly, we've played 5 games.

Ok,why should he stay? What did he achieve with us last year? Bearing in mind, we were one point away from the play offs, when Sven was sacked. Pearson took us further away!

The club needs continuity, we all know that and we all want that, but Pearson isn't the right man.

I don't understand why some people love him so much. I don't care if we've played well against Charlton or Blackburn - we got 0 points. I don't care if he made 8 changes tonight, he picks a team that he thinks can win a football match.

It IS his fault. He's the manager, the buck stops with him. If those players on the pitch tonight weren't good enough, why are they at the club? It's Pearsons call as to who the playing staff are.

I'm sorry, you're all going to gang up on me and tell me I'm wrong, but you can't give me any reasons why he should stay, other than 'give him a season'. Why should we? He's had nearly a full year and he's done NOTHING to prove that he's good enough.

Lets hope our owners agree with you...

Why does everyone seem to think the owners will sack a manager just like that? This isn't me having a go at you, I just see it everywhere and I don't understand it. With Sven we had a group of players who were all over the place and a lot of money spent, from their eyes I'm guessing they sacked Sven because the situation was not very stable and we were making no progress to match this frantic spending. Pearson knows the importance of building a squad, he would have made sure the owners know this, surely? So far this season we've seen some great team performances, however at crucial moments we've let our guard down, at the other end we haven't took our chances. Anyway my point is the base is there, it's what we've been looking for, it hasn't gone to plan just yet not exactly, but why the hell are we talking like we're as good as relegated? Too many people were sold on the big money dream, they want a big manager like Redknapp, still upset about Sven, it's a joke.

Firstly, we've played 5 games.

Ok,why should he stay? What did he achieve with us last year? Bearing in mind, we were one point away from the play offs, when Sven was sacked. Pearson took us further away!

The club needs continuity, we all know that and we all want that, but Pearson isn't the right man.

I don't understand why some people love him so much. I don't care if we've played well against Charlton or Blackburn - we got 0 points. I don't care if he made 8 changes tonight, he picks a team that he thinks can win a football match.

It IS his fault. He's the manager, the buck stops with him. If those players on the pitch tonight weren't good enough, why are they at the club? It's Pearsons call as to who the playing staff are.

I'm sorry, you're all going to gang up on me and tell me I'm wrong, but you can't give me any reasons why he should stay, other than 'give him a season'. Why should we? He's had nearly a full year and he's done NOTHING to prove that he's good enough.

First off it was two points off the playoffs. And we kept up a similar if not better ppg ratio after Sven left. It did not get worse, we just lost ground at the same pace we already had been over more games, hence the larger points difference.

Using your logic we finished further from relegation under Pearson than we were under Sven.

He'll be here for a minimum of 15 games, unless we pick up nothing.

Why does everyone seem to think the owners will sack a manager just like that? This isn't me having a go at you, I just see it everywhere and I don't understand it. With Sven we had a group of players who were all over the place and a lot of money spent, from their eyes I'm guessing they sacked Sven because the situation was not very stable and we were making no progress to match this frantic spending. Pearson knows the importance of building a squad, he would have made sure the owners know this, surely? So far this season we've seen some great team performances, however at crucial moments we've let our guard down, at the other end we haven't took our chances. Anyway my point is the base is there, it's what we've been looking for, it hasn't gone to plan just yet not exactly, but why the hell are we talking like we're as good as relegated? Too many people were sold on the big money dream, they want a big manager like Redknapp, still upset about Sven, it's a joke.

football aint a performance buisness though, it's a result's buisness.

I approve of this thread. As I said in the match thread,the players are firmly to main point of blame tonight. As NP said they have missed their chance to impress and are not likley to feature any time soon. Which on tonights performance is a good thing!

I approve of this thread. As I said in the match thread,the players are firmly to main point of blame tonight. As NP said they have missed their chance to impress and are not likley to feature any time soon. Which on tonights performance is a good thing!

Oh dear

I have faith in him to get it right and he should definitely stay, but he has to take a lot of the blame for tonight. He picked a team good enough to win, but the attitude that the team went out with was woeful. I wonder what he actually said to them before the game, but going from the performance he just told them that we're much better than them and that they'll just give us the goals. Thankfully we have a decent strike force and midfield partnership to come in.

football aint a performance buisness though, it's a result's buisness.

So what you chop and change management and hope for a result? and keep going till a manager gets solid results? A manager needs time to build his team which is the point I'm getting at, it's not perfect yet, hell it might not be for a few more games, but what we get rid of Pearson bring in a new manager and wait for him to bring in his team and build it up. What if the next manager takes time to get it to work do we sack him straight away? Here's a crazy idea, lets stick with him, see how we do, there is no way on earth this team will get relegated, yes we might have to sit it out in mid table for a bit, but it will come together with time.

So what you chop and change management and hope for a result? and keep going till a manager gets solid results? A manager needs time to build his team which is the point I'm getting at, it's not perfect yet, hell it might not be for a few more games, but what we get rid of Pearson bring in a new manager and wait for him to bring in his team and build it up. What if the next manager takes time to get it to work do we sack him straight away? Here's a crazy idea, lets stick with him, see how we do, there is no way on earth this team will get relegated, yes we might have to sit it out in mid table for a bit, but it will come together with time.

If the Thais had that strategy then their would be no debate about that statement the team we have has potential but is no way yet the finished article, in my eyes they probably want us to be in the playoffs of the league by now and expect us to be automatic challengers, the pressure is on for NP and their is only one way were that is going..

I genuinely fear for Pearson given the run of games coming up. Blackpool are the form team, Wolves away not easy at all. Burnley aside from the Sven season seem to have something over us at our place, then we play Hull and all the feeling that game will create. Follow this up with away trips to boro and Huddersfield ... Don't see many wins out of those and how long will the owners wait?

Did i say that? just stating that the owners will want results. and have i not once said i want pearson out, pearson needs result's at the minute a few draws and a loss in the next 3 games could spell the end of him, you say time, he is not far off the time that sven spent here and was sacked 2 points of the play offs! all i'm saying is that he could be sacked things happen owners want results not good performances it's there investment and if the performances are good but no end prodouct they might want a change, sousa needed a few results his way they didn't come!!! sven needed a few results if we beat millwall then won the game after maybe he would still be in charge.

Archived