Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Pearson IN

Loiter? Is there anothervway to be on here?

Agree about sniping at the club. I think that post Mandaric it has been a shambles, the owners imitiated a big spend policy and then pulled the plug after 13 games last year without a new policy in place. I believe at the point they sacked Sven they were keen on Martin O neill, which would have necessitated them staying in the spending zone but they either couldn't convince him they were up for it, or he sussed out that they were clueless, or something else, but whatever, they then floundered for long enough to kill the season off and paid well over the odds for Nige.

Agreed. I do think O'Neill did suspect that the owners were a bit clueless and trigger happy, even if he had no intention of returning in the first place.

I like Nige, but I am not convinced that he can pick up the momentum he had first time here and so, why I think he should go sooner rather than later - I don't believe he will get us promoted or even if a miracle play off season does get us there, will be hopeless in the Prem which will mean more upheaval etc etc. i believe in stability and therefore we should have gone for someone with a bright future, ambitious butbwith the ability to become a good Premier league manager.

I'm certainly not convinced you do like Nige, which is fine, but why not say what you really think? I'm interested to know how you would go about deciding which managers have a bright future? Wouldn't you say that one who has done so well here before would be one of them? If not, who would be better? You say you believe in stability, but you also want the manager changed yet again. You want the 4th change of manager in just over two years.

I don't think Nige will achieve this, the board will remove him by Xmas and the instability starts again, so it may as well come while the season is saveable rather than half way through when the job, as we have seen two seasons running, is more difficult meaning we lose yet another year.

Don't you think changing the manager now would be a bad idea? Whoever the new man would be would want his own players in. He'd want to start his own project. I think we'd be getting ourselves into an endless cycle of building towards a season, then ripping it up and starting again at the first signs of a wobble just after the season starts.

I think we've got to stick with one manager, even if it's only out of curiosity. Maybe, just maybe, that's where we're going wrong. It's not really any wonder why we never get anywhere if no manager we have gets long enough to finish making the team his own.

My belief that Nige has lost it is based on his own record these past three seasons, not his ability when he took us straight back up, which was genius and makes me bracket him with former managers like Brian Little or Micky Adams, neither of who I would want back but both of who did good things for a while here.

So in a nutshell, we have no football brain at the head of the club, our manager is floundering. I want him to turn it arouns and will be 100% behind the team in every game they play, as I have been since I was 7 years old. It will hurt if they lose and I will want to see something that suggests we are moving in the right direction. I watched the Blackburn game and saw some good signs ( Vardy, Knocky) but it wasn't as great as everyone suggested and Blackburn never looked in real trouble against us. Nige needed a win on Tues and blew it, his mistake, not mine for being a disappointed fan.

We bossed the whole game at Ewood Park. Everyone else who watched the game will tell you that. Blackburn fans, Leicester fans and neutrals will be agreed on that. Tuesday's match was a shocker, but I think a lot of people would have picked that same team, bearing in mind the importance of the match today. Blackpool, already out the cup, have had a week to prepare for today's match, and I would have wanted to give my players the same amount of rest. On paper, anyone would expect those players to easily beat a League 2 outfit at home. Maybe NP should have put out a full-strength side to make sure of the win against Burton, but then our best side goes into a more important game far more tired than the on-fire opposition.

Bless you all on this board, but suggesting that someone who thinks we are going the wrong way is not a fan is frustrating, amusing and plain wrong. We need stability, we need a great manager and strong leadership at the top of the club and in the past few years we have had none of those.

Sorry if not kissing the rings of all those at the club upsets some of you, but I'll let you know when I think its going well, just press ignore or don't readif you don't like opinions that differ from your own.

I understand your frustration. No matter how much I think you're wrong, I wouldn't accuse you of not being a fan.

You are right - we do need stability. I think we need it right now, whereas you think we need it after we've changed the manager. How you can be so sure that the next manager will be guaranteed to bring us success, I have no idea. I can see the improvements in performances this season, and it really looks like we're very close to getting it right. I think it would be a monumental disaster changing managers again when we've finally seen signs of a real team to be proud of emerging after two years of dross. I really would consider giving up on football entirely should that happen now.

If it was up to me, I'd hold fire until Christmas. If we're in trouble, by all means, get rid, but whilst there can be no threat of relegation, now is the time for giving stability a chance.

Maybe he feels like me. Fed up with mediocrity on the field over the past good few seasons.

We have a handful of useful players, and a manager who really doesn't seem to comprehend what he is doing.

Sorry if you don't like it, but then neither do I.

Manager knows what he's doing just fine, the team is shaping up for that too

An ok performance Vs Pboro, a good performance at Charlton that was undone by stupidity early in the game. We put right by playing well for 90mins away at Blackburn but were robbed, not just from a dominant display point of view, but by cheating officials. Then, today against league leaders we were never outclassed and the only time they looked dangerous was when they switched to 4-2-4, but outside of that we controlled everything, even as they came into it later on, Pearson reshuffled the pack to help make sure they didn't get through, yes they has a couple of chances in that time but even in their good spell we still had more chances.

Your opinion of the manager has really warped your view of reality.

Even if we drew today we'd be level on points with Cardiff, Wolves, Birmingham & Bolton as it happened we beat the league leaders to go clear of those serious rivals and put ourselves amongst the teams that realistically will fall away as the next few games roll on.... whilst we look to have everything in our tank needed to win a fair amount of games coming up in Sept & Oct

Time will tell.

From your posts' it seems like you will not be satisfied till Pearson fails. Which, might I add seems highly unlikely. We're playing some of the best football I've seen for a while. It's only a matter of time before we start destroying teams on the score board.

I'm not sure how anyone could want Pearson out! We've played 4 games, in which we've dominated in all of them. If there's anyone to blame, it's the players for not taking their chances, not Pearson for getting tactics right.

Last Saturday: This is the best team we have had in a decade

Tuesday: SACK EVERYONE

This Saturday: This is the best team we have had in a decade

So far this season we have had the best team we have had in a decade 66% of the time. If we have that same trend every week then we will end the season on 91 points (assuming losses for the other 33% of weeks). Reading won the league with 89 points last season, and QPR with 88 the season before that. So it's safe to say we will go up this season as Champions. BOOM.

I love seenitall, DT and the other wind up merchants posts I can see the mischievous little smirks as they hit the keyboards.Let's face it we all have differing views on topics.I believe we are heading in the right direction and remain very positive, what the not so optimistics think does not alter that and we should possibly try reading their posts and saying to ourselves" I don't agree with you you naughty little scamps" respect the alternative reasoning, give them some love and embrace their views .Fvck off this is FT who am I kidding :P

Because we've never had any false dawns in the last few years, have we?

Unless and until our away form improves (17 points from the last 17 games), many fans will continue to be sceptical. The dire turnout on Saturday suggests that the confidence in the manager among the general fanbase is a lot lower than his disciples on here would want us to believe.

Best for now to take things game by game and see where we are at the October international break.

Unless and until our away form improves (17 points from the last 17 games), many fans will continue to be sceptical. The dire turnout on Saturday suggests that the confidence in the manager among the general fanbase is a lot lower than his disciples on here would want us to believe.

Best for now to take things game by game and see where we are at the October international break.

Or it suggests the game was on TV and they have put ticket prices up again this year.

This is how I currently feel.

Our away form is appalling and is what's costing us. Sven didn't sort it out and neither has Nigel. Our home form has improved under Pearson but it's easy to see why we get picked apart away from home.

I hope he sorts it, he did the last time he was here but we've been shit now for too long.

Our away form is appalling and is what's costing us. Sven didn't sort it out and neither has Nigel. Our home form has improved under Pearson but it's easy to see why we get picked apart away from home.

I hope he sorts it, he did the last time he was here but we've been shit now for too long.

What we need to do Ric is to go on a run of not losing (ideally victories). If we win a few on the trot, we can all start having a greater belief that we have a good shout at promotion. This win at home, lose away thing (apparent so far this season and VERY apparent last season) won't do.

We must start a good run of consistent performances, both home and away. Win away at Wolves and then we have a couple of games at home. This could be the launch pad.

Whilst i agree the away form needs to improve, we werent picked apart against Charlton and particularly not Blackburn. Had we taken chances, we'd never be having this debate. There's not too many players in this league could of scored a goal like Pedersen did against us so to say we 'get picked apart' is over the top

Whilst i agree the away form needs to improve, we werent picked apart against Charlton and particularly not Blackburn. Had we taken chances, we'd never be having this debate. There's not too many players in this league could of scored a goal like Pedersen did against us so to say we 'get picked apart' is over the top

We were picked apart!

At Charlton we were mustard for 20 minutes and then they scored a quickfire 2 goals against a lazy defence and it was game over because we aren't ruthless enough at the best of times, let alone when we've then got to try and force it.

Blackburn was slightly different, we were superb for the majority of the match and had a lot go against us, but yet again we weren't ruthless enough and it cost us.

We were picked apart!

At Charlton we were mustard for 20 minutes and then they scored a quickfire 2 goals against a lazy defence and it was game over because we aren't ruthless enough at the best of times, let alone when we've then got to try and force it.

Blackburn was slightly different, we were superb for the majority of the match and had a lot go against us, but yet again we weren't ruthless enough and it cost us.

This i totally agree with.

How can you say we were picked apart? Thats a term i'd use of a team conceding 3 or 4 and getting outplayed.

Lets see how we do at Wolves and maybe we'll get picked apart again!!

Last Saturday: This is the best team we have had in a decade

Tuesday: SACK EVERYONE

This Saturday: This is the best team we have had in a decade

So far this season we have had the best team we have had in a decade 66% of the time. If we have that same trend every week then we will end the season on 91 points (assuming losses for the other 33% of weeks). Reading won the league with 89 points last season, and QPR with 88 the season before that. So it's safe to say we will go up this season as Champions. BOOM.

You do realise they were different teams?

@seenitall: We clashed a bit in the summer, because I felt you weren't giving the team a chance and were writing them off before seeing the new players play, before this season I had my doubts that NP would be the man to lead us to and then keep us in the promised land, but I supported him never the less, and wanted to judge hime on what he did this season, not past glories or failures.

I have been very impressed by Pearson's new attacking philosophy, and it has shown that he has had the finances to bring in the type of player he wants and he has had the pre-season to get them playing how he wants them to. We are still a bit rough around the edges and a bit naive at the moment, but we are not dour or dull.

Having seen us now at Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool I am genuinely excited by this team, it is young hungry and makes me proud of to support them, there are still a few passengers in the squad, but the team that lined up against Blackburn and put them to the sword was everything I could want in a Leicester team, passionate committed and not lacking in skill. Likewise Blackpool, good to see SSL still has a role at the club and able to slot in across the back four.

There are potentially 6 or 7 players in there that are young enough and good enough to become legends in the mould of Izzett, Lennon, Elliott, if we keep them and if they continue to develop in a stable environment.

You do realise they were different teams?

@seenitall: We clashed a bit in the summer, because I felt you weren't giving the team a chance and were writing them off before seeing the new players play, before this season I had my doubts that NP would be the man to lead us to and then keep us in the promised land, but I supported him never the less, and wanted to judge hime on what he did this season, not past glories or failures.

I have been very impressed by Pearson's new attacking philosophy, and it has shown that he has had the finances to bring in the type of player he wants and he has had the pre-season to get them playing how he wants them to. We are still a bit rough around the edges and a bit naive at the moment, but we are not dour or dull.

Having seen us now at Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool I am genuinely excited by this team, it is young hungry and makes me proud of to support them, there are still a few passengers in the squad, but the team that lined up against Blackburn and put them to the sword was everything I could want in a Leicester team, passionate committed and not lacking in skill. Likewise Blackpool, good to see SSL still has a role at the club and able to slot in across the back four.

There are potentially 6 or 7 players in there that are young enough and good enough to become legends in the mould of Izzett, Lennon, Elliott, if we keep them and if they continue to develop in a stable environment.

Good post mate!

Not sure about the last paragraph but you never know

Archived