Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Pearson IN

Good post mate!

Not sure about the last paragraph but you never know

I said potentially, in the sense that they are young, hungry, talented and seem to actually give a shit about playing for our club and could feasibly form the bulk of our first team for the next 10 years, this is why I would hate to see Pearson leave, somebody new would come in, bring in their own players, bring in their own philosophy and a lot of our younger players with bags of potential would get pushed into the periphery for more experienced pros who could come in and do a job for a season.

I said potentially, in the sense that they are young, hungry, talented and seem to actually give a shit about playing for our club and could feasibly form the bulk of our first team for the next 10 years, this is why I would hate to see Pearson leave, somebody new would come in, bring in their own players, bring in their own philosophy and a lot of our younger players with bags of potential would get pushed into the periphery for more experienced pros who could come in and do a job for a season.

Totally agree, some fans seem to just want a quick fix.

Loving our attacking style and pressing this season! Just need to sharpen up in front of goal

I don't want another manager but why do you assume, if we did change our manager, that he would simply want to get rid of our exciting young talented players and replace them with older pros?

What are you basing this on?

And if 'a new manager' did bring in a couple of older heads why would this be detrimental to the development of our younger players?

It could improve them and bring them on more speedily?

You really do make an awful lot of assumptions...

Like the claims that our younger players could emulate the likes of Izzett et al..

They could do, but they might not as well..

You're gazing into your crystal ball. Again, though romantic, why not wait and see?

I can't speak for Captain Shrapnel but I don't see what is wrong with being a bit optimistic and romantic about football, especially at the beginning of seasons. I probably follow football because of those romantic ideals I had as a child watching and playing football. I could be accused of being a bit naive and overly optimistic but I honestly believe I enjoy the sport more than people who spend all year being pessimistic and worrying about weaknesses. It is entertainment I spend good money to enjoy so I choose to enjoy it by choosing to look for positives over negatives and by choosing to hope for the best rather than fear the worst. I make no apologies for doing so.

I can't speak for Captain Shrapnel but I don't see what is wrong with being a bit optimistic and romantic about football, especially at the beginning of seasons. I probably follow football because of those romantic ideals I had as a child watching and playing football. I could be accused of being a bit naive and overly optimistic but I honestly believe I enjoy the sport more than people who spend all year being pessimistic and worrying about weaknesses. It is entertainment I spend good money to enjoy so I choose to enjoy it by choosing to look for positives over negatives and by choosing to hope for the best rather than fear the worst. I make no apologies for doing so.

Fair enough Marty and good for you mate.

Personally the hope and expectation that last season gave most of us, and the subsequent let down that ensued was a bitter pill to swallow.

Personally I'd rather say when I think we've played well, suggest ways in which I think we can improve and take the season game by game. I think that the expectation put on the players ( and the fans) last year was a contributory factor to the let down. And if my memory serves me rightly I think Cap Shrap felt the same last season too?

I think it's prudent not to build us up too quickly, but to see what develops. So far, Pearson seems to be doing the right things, in general.

But that's just my opinion.

Fair enough Marty and good for you mate.

Personally the hope and expectation that last season gave most of us, and the subsequent let down that ensued was a bitter pill to swallow.

Personally I'd rather say when I think we've played well, suggest ways in which I think we can improve and take the season game by game. I think that the expectation put on the players ( and the fans) last year was a contributory factor to the let down. And if my memory serves me rightly I think Cap Shrap felt the same last season too?

I think it's prudent not to build us up too quickly, but to see what develops. So far, Pearson seems to be doing the right things, in general.

But that's just my opinion.

It is not a question of building us up too quickly because although I am generally optimistic, I am not a demanding fan. I don't demand promotion, automatic promotion or a league title and I am happy enough if the football is good and the team works hard and shows a steady improvement over the seasons. Premier league football would be very nice and I am still hopeful we could do it this season but if we are in the Championship for next year then so be it, I will still enjoy every match and I will still remain generally positive. I also remember the O'Neil years but that doesn't mean I expect the same again any time soon.

It is not a question of building us up too quickly because although I am generally optimistic, I am not a demanding fan. I don't demand promotion, automatic promotion or a league title and I am happy enough if the football is good and the team works hard and shows a steady improvement over the seasons. Premier league football would be very nice and I am still hopeful we could do it this season but if we are in the Championship for next year then so be it, I will still enjoy every match and I will still remain generally positive. I also remember the O'Neil years but that doesn't mean I expect the same again any time soon.

That's a great to be! Wish I could be like that, I think? lol

You do realise they were different teams?

@seenitall: We clashed a bit in the summer, because I felt you weren't giving the team a chance and were writing them off before seeing the new players play, before this season I had my doubts that NP would be the man to lead us to and then keep us in the promised land, but I supported him never the less, and wanted to judge hime on what he did this season, not past glories or failures.

I have been very impressed by Pearson's new attacking philosophy, and it has shown that he has had the finances to bring in the type of player he wants and he has had the pre-season to get them playing how he wants them to. We are still a bit rough around the edges and a bit naive at the moment, but we are not dour or dull.

Having seen us now at Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool I am genuinely excited by this team, it is young hungry and makes me proud of to support them, there are still a few passengers in the squad, but the team that lined up against Blackburn and put them to the sword was everything I could want in a Leicester team, passionate committed and not lacking in skill. Likewise Blackpool, good to see SSL still has a role at the club and able to slot in across the back four.

There are potentially 6 or 7 players in there that are young enough and good enough to become legends in the mould of Izzett, Lennon, Elliott, if we keep them and if they continue to develop in a stable environment.

I don't think I posted much over the summer chap, I was disappointed that we looked to be buying players who had no real reputations but did understand that most fans had lost their faith in signing that type of player (it not really working out during the 13 games Sven had with the 'big names' and then them all looking really dodgy under Nige for whatever reason).

If we hadn't got a penalty on saturday, we would be in the same position points wise as we were after 4 games with Sven last year and a nil nil would have seen a very different board on here on Sat evening - but we did and that is why footy is great - we can all be optimistic and joyous now at least until Wolves - unbelievably, me too!!

Vardy,Knocky and perhaps Marshall give us hope at the moment and I am enjoying the spirit of optimism - some of the abuse that comes from posters who don't even read the posts properly is quite disheartening but also funny, but I guess you, Col and some of the others suffer from that too.

If we are all still smiling after another 42 games then this will be a great season - thing is, I can't help feeling that if Wolves give us a mauling everyone will be up in arms again - like I say, aint football great?

I don't want another manager but why do you assume, if we did change our manager, that he would simply want to get rid of our exciting young talented players and replace them with older pros?

What are you basing this on?

And if 'a new manager' did bring in a couple of older heads why would this be detrimental to the development of our younger players?

It could improve them and bring them on more speedily?

You really do make an awful lot of assumptions...

Like the claims that our younger players could emulate the likes of Izzett et al..

They could do, but they might not as well..

You're gazing into your crystal ball. Again, though romantic, why not wait and see?

If a manager was brought in, because we sacked NP I should add, he would be brought in to make changes, because we were not winning enough games, to do that he would probably pick up some of his old players that he knows well and can do a job, and would replace some of our younger players, because most of them are young, he would also look around the squad see some big names, like Beckford and Nugent and Internationals like SSL and think why aren't these playing? And put them in ahead of relative unknowns such as Drinkwater, Vardy, De Laet. If he didn't make changes to personnel, then he wouldn't be doing what he was brought into do.

It is not an assumption to say that some of our younger players have the potential to become long serving legends of the club, they could, you say that yourself, in the same why Sven's signings couldn't because they were too old and didn't have the right attitude and came for the pay check and to re-launch their career rather than because they want to play for us.

I don't think I posted much over the summer chap, I was disappointed that we looked to be buying players who had no real reputations but did understand that most fans had lost their faith in signing that type of player (it not really working out during the 13 games Sven had with the 'big names' and then them all looking really dodgy under Nige for whatever reason).

If we hadn't got a penalty on saturday, we would be in the same position points wise as we were after 4 games with Sven last year and a nil nil would have seen a very different board on here on Sat evening - but we did and that is why footy is great - we can all be optimistic and joyous now at least until Wolves - unbelievably, me too!!

Vardy,Knocky and perhaps Marshall give us hope at the moment and I am enjoying the spirit of optimism - some of the abuse that comes from posters who don't even read the posts properly is quite disheartening but also funny, but I guess you, Col and some of the others suffer from that too.

If we are all still smiling after another 42 games then this will be a great season - thing is, I can't help feeling that if Wolves give us a mauling everyone will be up in arms again - like I say, aint football great?

I tended to avoid the Football forum over the Summer, but we definitely crossed words, you normally make a reasonable point until you go on the defensive.

Glad to see you are enjoying the football, so am I, even if not always the results, the difference between now and Sven's reign is that whilst we have lost the same number of games we have played some of the early pace setters in Blackburn and Blackpool, whereas last season we had a fairly easy start and fvcked it up quite badly, and never really recovered.

In the past I've always thought you came across as very anti-Pearson and at some points questioned whether you are a Leicester fan at all...having said that - your post seems a lot more positive and the only conclusion I can take from this is that you are starting to see that Pearson is the right man to take this club forward.

I do agree however, that the next 5 games are really important to start picking up some more points. Another good point mentioned earlier is that we have played some good teams already and not done too badly. I think we'll be in and around the play-offs come april.

In the past I've always thought you came across as very anti-Pearson and at some points questioned whether you are a Leicester fan at all...having said that - your post seems a lot more positive and the only conclusion I can take from this is that you are starting to see that Pearson is the right man to take this club forward.

I do agree however, that the next 5 games are really important to start picking up some more points. Another good point mentioned earlier is that we have played some good teams already and not done too badly. I think we'll be in and around the play-offs come april.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that I think he is the right man for the job - I still think it was a massive mistake bringing him back here and aborting the Sven regime so early on its first full season. Nige for me falls into the same category as Micky Adams and Brian Little - loved what they achieved for a while but think their best days are behind them. That said, this is football and if he can turn it around (and he has had three under performing seasons in a row) then I will be happy for Leicester City and for him (because I think he is basically a nice fella).

I still think some of the posters on here need to distinguish between supporting Leicester City the football club and 'supporting' the tripe they serve up at the King Power stadium some weeks - think of it a bit like politics and your country - you might think the Tories are stuck up tw*ts who couldn't find there arses with a flashlight but you are still English and proud of your country, despite them doing their best to cock it up - that is how I feel sometimes about LCFC

I don't see why a few people seem to think that if you felt Sven deserved more time, you have to dislike Pearson. It has nothing to do with him, and so far he has done a good job. Surely the people who thought Sven deserved more time should want the same for Pearson or in fact any manager who gets of to a similar or better start. Which is what Pearson has done/is doing.

I don't see why a few people seem to think that if you felt Sven deserved more time, you have to dislike Pearson. It has nothing to do with him, and so far he has done a good job. Surely the people who thought Sven deserved more time should want the same for Pearson or in fact any manager who gets of to a similar or better start. Which is what Pearson has done/is doing.

Its just a matter of what you believe - if you believe Sven could have turned his own team into a better outfit than the previous seasons that came close to play offs after a dismal start, then you were unhappy with him going ( a minority on here)

If you believe, as most do, that by losing at home three times before November you sign your own death warrant then you are happy with the changes and as a bonus got the man you wanted back, then you have nothing to be unhappy about - you just have to accept that I feel the club took a massive turn backwards.

I actually don't want us to be another Norwich, Blackpool or poxy Reading - we can attract 30,000 plus supporters when we are doing well and should be aiming higher than aiming for play offs, a scraped promotion, relegation battles etc - we are a club more of the stature of West Ham or Sunderland in my eyes - that may be naive and we may need the play offs but the ambition under MoN and even, dare I say it Mandaric and even Top and papa at the beginning seemed for greater things than we seem to be aiming for now. Can you see Andy Carroll coming here on loan one day - 'WITH HIS WAGES??' Babylon will crap himself to death..........

I hope I am wrong and we can be the next ones into the promised land, but I still remain convinced we should have aimed higher in our choice of manager post Sven (we actually did, but couldn't attract them, which is even more worrying)

Its just a matter of what you believe - if you believe Sven could have turned his own team into a better outfit than the previous seasons that came close to play offs after a dismal start, then you were unhappy with him going ( a minority on here)

If you believe, as most do, that by losing at home three times before November you sign your own death warrant then you are happy with the changes and as a bonus got the man you wanted back, then you have nothing to be unhappy about - you just have to accept that I feel the club took a massive turn backwards.

I actually don't want us to be another Norwich, Blackpool or poxy Reading - we can attract 30,000 plus supporters when we are doing well and should be aiming higher than aiming for play offs, a scraped promotion, relegation battles etc - we are a club more of the stature of West Ham or Sunderland in my eyes - that may be naive and we may need the play offs but the ambition under MoN and even, dare I say it Mandaric and even Top and papa at the beginning seemed for greater things than we seem to be aiming for now. Can you see Andy Carroll coming here on loan one day - 'WITH HIS WAGES??' Babylon will crap himself to death..........

I hope I am wrong and we can be the next ones into the promised land, but I still remain convinced we should have aimed higher in our choice of manager post Sven (we actually did, but couldn't attract them, which is even more worrying)

To be honest it wasn't the results that turned me off Sven it was the performances and the attitude, the fact he dismantled a decent championship side, helped by Sousa, and replaced with overpaid mercenaries who had the ability to walk over poor opposition, like Derby, but not the desire to overcome any sort of resistance.

Results are important but so are performances, attitudes and team spirit, what clinched it for me was the fact he got the players to sit down and write down what they thought was going wrong.

I liked Sven and I do think we probably could have got up if we had kept him, but it would have required more expenditure and re-building in January, and the finances of the club obviously couldn't take it.

Yes we have the potential to be up there with Sunderland and Wet Spam, but they have spent their fair share of years down in the second tier too. The way Pearson has got us playing this season, I can see us challenging this season, and then going up next season and staying up if we can keep this squad and spirit together and continue to perform as we have done.

Agreed! We're 3 points off top after 4 games and we have played fairly well so far. IMO, an improvement on last season. Blackburn was an awesome performance but a bad result, and in the first half against Blackpool the BBC said we had 75% which is just amazing. Ok we're a little goal shy so far, but if we keep playing this way then we'll be up there at the end of the season. I really believe Pearson is starting to turn Sven's team around by adding his own players and making it his own.

Agreed! We're 3 points off top after 3 games and we have played fairly well so far. IMO, an improvement on last season. Blackburn was an awesome performance but a bad result, and in the first half against Blackpool the BBC said we had 75% which is just amazing. Ok we're a little goal shy so far, but if we keep playing this way then we'll be up there at the end of the season. I really believe Pearson is starting to turn Sven's team around by adding his own players and making it his own.

4 games mate

What is promising is that despite not scoring as many as we deserve, we are still going away from home and scoring (4 at Torquay, 1 at Charlton, 1 at Blackburn (should have been 2)) and we are keeping clean sheets at home in the league. Extremely promising. I have massive faith in Nigel, he will bring us a good season I feel.

I like the fact we have created more chances than the other team in every match we have played. Last season we had a problem with the midfield, this season it is our strength.

Absolutely, but we look strong and balanced all over the pitch. We have capable, balanced defence with hungry young players like De Laet and Moore who can go on to better things and experience in the form of Big Wes (who has been absolutely DOMINANT and has been the catalyst for Moore's progression imo), Konch and Whitbread.

We have exciting wingers in Marshall, Knocky and Dyer (received a lot of criticism lately, highly unfair imo) and two centre midfielders in Drinky and Kingy who have been on form. Drinky is a right little maestro.

As for Vardy, this lad excites me so much it's unreal, the last time we had a striker like him was when we had Dickov in the promotion season.

You look at players like Schmeichel, De Laet, Moore, Marshall, Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Vardy, Schlupp - they all have age on their side and all have solid attitudes and work ethics... this side is unbelievably exciting.

Absolutely, but we look strong and balanced all over the pitch. We have capable, balanced defence with hungry young players like De Laet and Moore who can go on to better things and experience in the form of Big Wes (who has been absolutely DOMINANT and has been the catalyst for Moore's progression imo), Konch and Whitbread.

We have exciting wingers in Marshall, Knocky and Dyer (received a lot of criticism lately, highly unfair imo) and two centre midfielders in Drinky and Kingy who have been on form. Drinky is a right little maestro.

As for Vardy, this lad excites me so much it's unreal, the last time we had a striker like him was when we had Dickov in the promotion season.

You look at players like Schmeichel, De Laet, Moore, Marshall, Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Vardy, Schlupp - they all have age on their side and all have solid attitudes and work ethics... this side is unbelievably exciting.

You can add James and Futacs to the list, only 22, and Waghorn (I still love him).

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that I think he is the right man for the job - I still think it was a massive mistake bringing him back here and aborting the Sven regime so early on its first full season. Nige for me falls into the same category as Micky Adams and Brian Little - loved what they achieved for a while but think their best days are behind them. That said, this is football and if he can turn it around (and he has had three under performing seasons in a row) then I will be happy for Leicester City and for him (because I think he is basically a nice fella).

I still think some of the posters on here need to distinguish between supporting Leicester City the football club and 'supporting' the tripe they serve up at the King Power stadium some weeks - think of it a bit like politics and your country - you might think the Tories are stuck up tw*ts who couldn't find there arses with a flashlight but you are still English and proud of your country, despite them doing their best to cock it up - that is how I feel sometimes about LCFC

Opinions eh seenitall? Politics like religion a bit too contentious and not the best analogy IMO ;) . What you call tripe I may call delicious bleached stomach lining thats not to everyones likingI COYB

Archived