Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ElbertTheFox

Our fans calling for Pearson to get the chop already..

I'm not writing this as a rant or taking a swipe at anyone so don't let loose on me with this..

But whoever is calling for pearson to be sacked this early obviously haven't got the slightest clue about Football. When Sousa left us right in the shit a few seasons ago we still managed to climb right back into the mix, unfortunately falling short at the end. But give the bloke time and he will deliver the goods, he's already proved it once here!

I for one want Nigel to stay and so should everyone else. He hasn't even been in charge a whole year and it is far too early in the season to start writing managers off anyway. If we can beat Blackpool on Saturday then it will be a completely different story with some of his critics.

Lets have a win on Saturday and shut some of these anti-Pearson fans up. :scarf:

You tend to make a change when the performances show no signs of improving or the dressing room isn't behind the manager.

I don't get that feeling yet. Last night was dreadful but I'd stick with him.

It's hardly a crisis though, we haven't exactly lost the last 15 games, and that is what I don't get about the fans calling for his head already. We played well against Peterborough, created many chances against Charlton and controlled most of the game at Blackburn. If we beat Blackpool I'm sure last night will be removed from some fans' heads.

Forgiving the Burton game NP hasn't really done that much wrong. Sure the back line needs tightening up as it looks a bit slow to react to me but some of the goals we've conceded have been great finishes, were creating chances galore and I can't see how it's the fault of the manager that the players can't convert the chances into goals.

I bet NP gets just as angry as us seeing all the chances go begging. All I can think of is Emile Heskey must've been down Belvoir Drive and his silky finishing skills are rubbing off on the players.

Promotion is the aim this season I don't care how it is achieved if the owners don't feel that NP can deliver and someone else can than it is their call.

They havent had much success in that process so far have they???

Not blaming them....perhaps the blame lies elsewhere within the inner sanctums of LCFC!!!

They havent had much success in that process so far have they???

Not blaming them....perhaps the blame lies elsewhere within the inner sanctums of LCFC!!!

I don't know really it is probably Birch who is giving Top advice or hell even Mandy lol:unsure:

Pot Hunter

You disagree then? Care to make a useful comment.. NP and the owners have stated prior to the season starting that promotion was the aim, I hope NP can deliver but if the owners are having doubts than they make a managerial change whether you think it right or wrong is up to you.

100% agree, everyone needs to get off his back, he has had to come in and rebuild a team, get rid of all the overpaid Fvcktards that Sven signed, apart from last night its not as if we have been playing badly, give it time the results will come!

The last thing we need now is for Pearson to be sacked and someone to come in and have to start all over again, this club needs a bit of stability for once,

Hes bringing in young and hungry players who will hopefully feature in our team for years to come.

Rome wasn't built in a day,

Marshall, James, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Futacs and De Laet

Were just laying the foundations now!

Np's recors since he came back aint good though is it???

Hardly inspires confidence.

Not saying he should go though.....

Good point tho! In the original post it says he has done it before... Yes, in league 1. We then got into the play offs and failed ( mainly due to a horrific tactical error in the first game ).

At hull he never got into the play offs. So forgive me for being a bit miffed! Nothing has changed in the last 10 months, still losing games we should win, still falling out with players, still shoddy at the back...

Why do teams like Leeds manage to turn it around quicker? Warnock does it and the Leeds squad is nothing compared to ours..

Just saying...

When he "proved" it once here before we were a team inLg 1 which won it and like alot of teams who get promoted from LG1 they are full of confidence,have a winning metalioty and good team spirit,hence we did well in the CChip too.

THIS situation in which he seems to have a GROUP of players who seem intent on not winning and making life hard for him i think maybe abit too much for him IMHO.

You disagree then? Care to make a useful comment.. NP and the owners have stated prior to the season starting that promotion was the aim, I hope NP can deliver but if the owners are having doubts than they make a managerial change whether you think it right or wrong is up to you.

How can it be right?

I've just checked the calender and it says August!!

Agree, if in two weeks time we're in the bottom half still with only 3 points. NP won't be around. You don't invest £10- 15 Million and expect to be in the bottom half of the table after 5 matches, when the bookies made us favourites

Nobody at the club has any control on what the bookies do. I wish people wouldn't keep repeating this as if it's significant.

Unfortunately the state of modern football is the fans complain when someone like Mandric makes our club a laughing stock by hiring and firing managers like there's no tomorrow, but then call for the head of our manager after 5 games.

We're not alone in this. Most clubs are the same after a few crap results. The problem is,the more negativity, the more the owners will cotton onto it and eventually, they will fire him.

I'm not saying its all down to the fans, however the head of any business (yes, football is a business!!) will always listen to its target market (the fans), and if the majority that are being heard say get rid, that is exactly what will happen so if NP wants to avoid the chop, he needs to get the team not just performing, but winning!!

Archived