Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
saabrian

WTF is wrong with you people

In the last decade, every season minus two, we've sacked (at least one) manager by the end of November. NONE OF THOSE SEASONS HAVE EVER RESULTED IN ANYTHING POSITIVE.

The two seasons where we were intelligent enough to let the manager have a full season, we've had a division title and a playoff appearance.

So to recap: sacking the manager in the first few months has had a 0% usefulness rate, not doing so has had a 100% usefulness rate.

HAVEN'T YOU FIGURED OUT THAT STABILITY IS WHAT THIS CLUB NEEDS?

Are there really morons calling for the manager to be sacked after 3 league matches?! You really think this is going to result in something different than it has all the other recent seasons where we did the same pointless thing? Please tell me this is a joke.

If you'd bothered to check the 'Should Pearson Stay Or Go' poll, you'll find that most of us are overwhelmingly for him staying. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

Exactly this.. I don't want him to be sacked, personally speaking, and I know a lot of other people don't either.

You should copy and paste this into every new "Manager must go" thread that starts up here - admittedly, you'd be kept busy, even if a majority have more patience than the idiots. Clubs that give managers some time are statistically more likely to achieve success than those that are trigger-happy.

In the last decade, every season minus two, we've sacked (at least one) manager by the end of November. NONE OF THOSE SEASONS HAVE EVER RESULTED IN ANYTHING POSITIVE.

The two seasons where we were intelligent enough to let the manager have a full season, we've had a division title and a playoff appearance.

So to recap: sacking the manager in the first few months has had a 0% usefulness rate, not doing so has had a 100% usefulness rate.

Are there really morons calling for the manager to be sacked after 3 league matches?! You really think this is going to result in something different than it has all the other recent seasons where we did the same pointless thing? Please tell me this is a joke.

What does stability really mean?

I think this the age old question of how long do you give a manager.

Let's look at some facts...

1. Pre season we were the favourites for promotion ( this implies that bookies and punters expected us to do well)

2. Although we haven't spent anywhere near as much money as we did under Sven, we've still spent money pre season.

Now is far too early to discuss whether Pearson should be sacked. Now is ridiculous.

However, given the hypothetical scenario of us losing the next two, which would thus make us on 3 from 15 points and in the bottom three, what will people think/say then?

Will people be happy, for example, if we are say 15th at Christmas.

The question, hypothetically then, is how long should a manager be given?

Is the quest for stability all important?

If we get nowhere near the top 6 this season, should we retain Pearson because it would be more 'stable' to give him another season?

Hypothetical scenarios yes, but the question of 'how long' is a pertinent one.

We could now get it all dead right and go on a great run. But we might not too. How long does a manager get?

I dunno, just asking the question.

What does stability really mean?

I think this the age old question of how long do you give a manager.

Let's look at some facts...

1. Pre season we were the favourites for promotion ( this implies that bookies and punters expected us to do well)

2. Although we haven't spent anywhere near as much money as we did under Sven, we've still spent money pre season.

Now is far too early to discuss whether Pearson should be sacked. Now is ridiculous.

However, given the hypothetical scenario of us losing the next two, which would thus make us on 3 from 15 points and in the bottom three, what will people think/say then?

Will people be happy, for example, if we are say 15th at Christmas.

The question, hypothetically then, is how long should a manager be given?

Is the quest for stability all important?

If we get nowhere near the top 6 this season, should we retain Pearson because it would be more 'stable' to give him another season?

Hypothetical scenarios yes, but the question of 'how long' is a pertinent one.

We could now get it all dead right and go on a great run. But we might not too. How long does a manager get?

I dunno, just asking the question.

Longer than 3 matches.

Lets not call for anyone's head on the presumption we will lose them next 2 games and we'll be 15th at Christmas.

It's not US that needs to figure this out. Our opinions, positive or negative count for nothing!!

Yes your right we make no difference in the grand scheme of things the owners do and when people realize that we have made some progress.

Longer than 3 matches.

Lets not call for anyone's head on the presumption we will lose them next 2 games and we'll be 15th at Christmas.

For some reason (unknown to me) you are simply being obtuse at present IMO.

My post wasn't a presumption.

At Christmas we could be 3rd, or we could be 15th (or wherever)..

What I'm asking, as I'm sure you know, is at what point does 'stability' become redundant?

Would you, for example, stick with Nige for the next two/three seasons however we do in the league in the name of stability?

I make no presumptions, I'm asking what I think is an important question.

but in them 2 seasons we never really was in trouble at any stage of either season top 2 all of league 1 season, top 6 most of the championship season, there was never no reason to panic in those 2 seasons as we walked league 1 and we overachived in the championship!! things become diffrent when your struggling though as owners can get nervous and try to do the best for there investment,.

but in them 2 seasons we never really was in trouble at any stage of either season top 2 all of league 1 season, top 6 most of the championship season, there was never no reason to panic in those 2 seasons as we walked league 1 and we overachived in the championship!! things become diffrent when your struggling though as owners can get nervous and try to do the best for there investment,.

It's 3 ****ing league games, it's not struggling, the seasons just started, **** offf"!!!!!

It's foolish to say keep the bloke no question as it is sack him after three games. I would like him to get to the end of the season, but that is obviously dependent on a few things.

There are so many factors involved (for me) other than just points on the board. My and our aim is obviously to get to the premier league, this season would be wonderful, but I certainly don't expect that at all costs and would be happy with constant improvement. What the owners think is a different matter entirely.

If we are 15th at Christmas using Cols scenario, then it really depends on whether we are on improving at that point. We could start off terribly for the first 10 games. But if things start to click and results / performances are improving then you must give it time. If we look like we are going backwards or stagnating then you have something to think about.

This sacking in October crap certainly isn't getting us anywhere though. The next manager will want his own player, will want a preseason, might implement changes in the summer window that take time to bed in, but because he's already been here 8 months people are unwilling to give it time and start ramping up the pressure again. Then guess what... we have another manager again next October.

Give the man in charge a proper shot barring a disaster and see what happens. We have to at some point. If he fails and we get someone else in later on in the year so be it, at least they can start a fresh without being tainted by someone else's poor season.

Was Sven struggling? Was Micky Adams struggling? Rather debatable.

where did i say we are struglling???? i used struggling as a point you ****.

I read that as to say that we weren't struggling under the two seasons he was previously here, but now we are. Apologies if that's not what you've meant, I have seen people suggest we're struggling and I read it and came to the conclusion you were one of them, I may well have been wrong.

I read that as to say that we weren't struggling under the two seasons he was previously here, but now we are. Apologies if that's not what you've meant, I have seen people suggest we're struggling and I read it and came to the conclusion you were one of them, I may well have been wrong.

no worries just as i was trying to put it there was no pressure in them 2 seasons

Babs on the sven one i considered the team to be struggling yes the expectiation and money spent.

I'm not one to say we should of gave sven more time, we will never know how he would of done.

but with the money he spent he needed results.

nigel hasn't spent as much but still sppent a fair bit for a championship team, give pearson till christmas see how it goes, i do think we need a few loans in.

Archived