Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Gallagher to Huddersfield

Like I said, I have never ever booed a player before he has come on. There are only a number of times I have booed, but that was after the game, aimed at the team, not an individual.

No he doesn't tackle, but the big thing is, he doesn't try. The only thing I ask of a Leicester City player, regardless of ability, is that they try. Gallagher doesn't even do that. When has he brought us all three points? Once, Palace? Yes he can score goals from 30yards (sometimes, not on a consistent) but that doesn't make up for his other aspects.. Look at Marshall for example, he can score, create and he puts the effort in. We have more than enough players to take penalties, forgetting Danns as well.

He said he wanted to play up top, I recall him getting that chance against Doncaster after Fryatt got injured, yet he still missed a one-on-one. He shouldn't come in and replace any player atm either.

I'm not going to continue debating though, my opinion of Gallagher will never change.

Likewise.

That Donny game he was awful up front and rightly has never been given another go there.

Still the only ever player in history never to have a proper position.

Not at all, but I think he's good enough back-up. That said if his wages are too high I'd be all for him leaving, and I doubt he's going to be motivated enough now, but that's the 'fans' fault.

For what its worth I totally agree with this, he is hit and miss but if we had a plan b of 'long ball to Futacs' Gallaghers delivery can be superb and will add to plan b. If his wages aren't massive then I see no harm in having him the squad. However, Paul Gallagher, like many of our team, will always be the focus of debate.

I'm not judging him on one game.

Well you're dissmissing him as a striker because of the Doncaster game it would seem, at least that's what I took from your earlier post.

Not at all, but I think he's good enough back-up. That said if his wages are too high I'd be all for him leaving, and I doubt he's going to be motivated enough now, but that's the 'fans' fault.

Could it be he realises that at best he's going to be a bench warmer and would prefer to go elsewhere and try his luck?

I don't like the way he has bene harangued by some fans, but in far too many games he's been his own worst enemy. I will always remember some of his spectacular goals that changed matches. Unfortunately, I don't think he's quite got what it takes to make an impact at Leicester anymore.

Could it be he realises that at best he's going to be a bench warmer and would prefer to go elsewhere and try his luck?

Obviously it could be, but I doubt he's that keen on playing for a bunch of fans who clearly don't like their own player, there's every chance that he would have been willing to stay as back-up had it not been for the fans and in my opinion that's a problem, even if that isn't the case with Gallagher it could be with any of our own players that 'fans' boo in the future.

Whatever anyone thinks about any attributes Gallagher may have, I do not want a player at the club who will not head a ball in case it hurts his head and will not genuinely try to tackle anyone for the same reason.

I have never abused Gallagher whilst he has been on the pitch, though I have ridiculed him for his cowardly and childish presence.

He may be a very nice person and someone who has a generous and caring disposition, but any lovely things that could exist about him have nothing to do with what we as a club need on the pitch.

I am sure there must be a number of 12 year olds in Leicester who have bigger balls and be better value in the squad.

Archived