Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Gallagher to Huddersfield

Hope he moves on, for him just as much as us. He's been treated appallingly by our fans. I was always a bit suspicious when he surrendered his #7 to Marshall.

excellent point.To change your shirt from 7 to 17 is to be told that yu are no longer first choice - that must have been painful. Gally does infuriate me at times but he doesn't deserve the heckling he gets in the ground. He'll do well at at Hudderfield.

While the club have not yet made an official move for the 26-year-old, that could all change following Town’s failure to land fellow wide-man George Boyd from Peterborough.

A source close to Gallagher revealed that the midfielder has been told he can leave the King Power Stadium and is available for a cut-price fee of less than £500,000.

The source: “Ipswich manager Paul Jewell and chief scout Steve McCall were interested in Paul just a few weeks ago. It has gone quiet since then and a few Championship clubs are now interested. But he would definitely be interested in hearing from Ipswich.”

Jewell might be tempted by a loan move, with a view to a permanent deal, for one of the most consistent Championship performers in recent seasons – Gallagher has scored 25 goals in 81 league starts for the Foxes.

Like City centre-back Sean St Ledger, who has also been linked with Ipswich today, Gallagher has played just once this season as Leicester were dumped out of the Capital One Cup 4-2 at home to Burton Albion.

Played behind a front man could be very effective.

Best for him to move on. Could we get £1 mill for him? Hope so - plenty outside the club rate him.

Plenty on here rate him, too. He is one of our few match winners. His style of play hasn't changed since day one and it seems wrong to me for so many to target him, (I know that you weren't doing that, btw), just because our expectations have risen considerably in the intervening time. I'll wish him every success if this move happens for him.

Good luck to Gally if he does leave. I agree that he has been treated pretty poorly by our fans. To be honest I never saw him as a winger more a deep-lying centre forward. If another club are prepared to play him in the number 10 role I think he could be quite effective there.

PS I think some of the criticism of one of our longest-serving players is way over the top.

It's probably best he moves on, if our fans are going to boo him every time he comes on the pitch then of course he isn't going to be motivated to perform for us. Good luck to him, as long as it doesn't effect our chances I hope he has a great season and shuts some of our fans up.

Thanks for the goals, and we have had wprse players than him, but overall he is no more than a mid table Championship player.

Lacks too many qualities overall, but i do think he has always tried hard and deserves to be remembered for more good things than bad.

If he has gone that it!

Thanks for the goals, and we have had wprse players than him, but overall he is no more than a mid table Championship player.

Lacks too many qualities overall, but i do think he has always tried hard and deserves to be remembered for more good things than bad.

If he has gone that it!

This, like you say if he has gone?

His entire career has been made up of looking promising but not quite delivering the goods.

He's scored some great goals for us but for every goal scored there have been 20 corners that failed to clear the first defender.

The first penalty we miss and we'll all be questioning why he was sold, but he's another Hume, neither winger or striker, we have better choices but Dyer is not one of them.

Archived