Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Gallagher to Huddersfield

Gallagher getting an awfully hard time in here. I don't rate him that highly, he's replaceable and the footballing decision to move him on is ok with me, but I don't believe he didn't work hard, I believe he had a positive effect on morale, he chipped in with his share of goals, he had the mentality to take a brilliant penalty which was valuable, and above all I always believed he enjoyed playing here, at least until the cuntflap fans got on his back. I hope he gets a good move.

Bottom line is he doesn't want to be at Leicester any more.

That's bad new for us, him and the rest of the squad.

I've always given him a hard time on here, I admit it. Generally because he lacks effort and doesn't get stuck in. His penalties are decent, can be replaced, his corners are poor, can be replaced, and his free kick's arn't exactly prolific and can be replaced.

But for all the stick I give him on here, I never booed him at the ground like other fans. If I boo (rare, but I've done it), it is aimed at the team and not an individual.

Bottom line is he doesn't want to be at Leicester any more.

That's bad new for us, him and the rest of the squad.

He doesn't want to be at Leicester anymore because the club's 'fans' (and I use the term loosely) boo him whenever he comes on the pitch, why the **** would he want to stay?

He seemed like a positive influence behind the scenes (We need a few characters), scored around 10 goals a season from midfield, and would have been good back-up. Shame he's going, but I doubt he could forgive the fans.

His penalties are decent

Can't even bring yourself to praise him for something he's clearly great at, that's a bit sad really.

He doesn't want to be at Leicester anymore because the club's 'fans' (and I use the term loosely) boo him whenever he comes on the pitch, why the **** would he want to stay?

He seemed like a positive influence behind the scenes (We need a few characters), scored around 10 goals a season from midfield, and would have been good back-up. Shame he's going, but I doubt he could forgive the fans.

A small section boo him - I've never booed him or any Leicester player, but quite frankly too many of his displays have not been good enough.

A small section boo him - I've never booed him or any Leicester player, but quite frankly too many of his displays have not been good enough.

Exactly this... Like I said, I've never booed him either, even if I do give him stick constantly on an internet forum. The small section that boo him, also boo other players, but nobody ever seems to bring that up. But maybe if he tried harder (doesn't have to be quality, just more effort from him) it wouldn't happen.

Didn't sound like a small section against Burnley last year.

Didn't sound like a small section against Burnley last year.

Do you mean home or away - as away there were only about 1000 of us and he did get a bit of abuse, but alot came from Burnley fans (Blackburn connection and that may be the same at home)

If you take a percentage of the ground that boo's, I would suggest it's no more than 1% (about 250 people)

This is a two way street.

He thinks he is god's gift to Football, and on the odd day he is an outstanding player.

However for the 20 odd games between he is abject at worst and average at best.

But he is too up himself and takes his odd best day and he average standard, and expects to be playing week in week out.

You get picked because you earn it, not because you think you should be.

It's his attitude as much as the fans.

He needs to move on.

1) he's not 'cack'

2) He IS inconsistent and frustrating sometimes.

3) He provides midfield goals - essential.

4) He's taken stick from our 'fans' lately.

5) indications are he doesn't want to be here and isn't no.1 in Pearsons plans.

6) He should therefore go.

Annoys me when out 'fans' slag off players that look to be on their way out.

He thinks he is god's gift to Football, and on the odd day he is an outstanding player.

But he is too up himself and takes his odd best day and he average standard, and expects to be playing week in week out.

He needs to move on.

Any evidence of that or just any old bullshit to slate him?

Has his limitations (not a clear position, lack of pace, bottles tackles and can't head) but he's provided some of the few high points at the KP recently with some long range bullets and free kicks.

Not bothered about him going but he goes with my best wishes. Not that he'll care like!

He needs to move on.

Ran out of +1's Mack, but I totally agree, again.

1) he's not 'cack'

2) He IS inconsistent and frustrating sometimes.

3) He provides midfield goals - essential.

4) He's taken stick from our 'fans' lately.

5) indications are he doesn't want to be here and isn't no.1 in Pearsons plans.

6) He should therefore go.

Annoys me when out 'fans' slag off players that look to be on their way out.

Stop saying 'fans'. Whether people boo a player you like, slate the manager or give out stick on here, they are still fans.

It's not a case that he is 'cack', it's just that he doesn't try and he doesn't tackle/attempt a tackle. He runs around the field like a wet lettuce.

Stop saying 'fans'. Whether people boo a player you like, slate the manager or give out stick on here, they are still fans.

It's not a case that he is 'cack', it's just that he doesn't try and he doesn't tackle/attempt a tackle. He runs around the field like a wet lettuce.

Fans support players during their time on the pitch. 'Fans' are morons who boo them before they even come on

He doesn't stick a tackle? Some of the best players ever don't... Not saying Gally is ranked amongst them... but it's about a blend of styles, some of the best tacklers ever can't whack a ball in the top corner from 30yards to win a tight game and bring home all 3pts... or keep their cool to score a pen (just ask Danns)

there are criticism to be levelled at Gally just like their is most players, but I think his treatment has been appalling and I'd sooner him be a part of a squad but if he is going then good luck to him, him, his wife & family deserve it

Gallaghers biggest problem/fault is he doesn't have a position. He is not skilful or fast enough to be a winger he is not strong enough to be a striker and not energetic enough to be a centre mid.

Beckham was similar but got away with it because he was so good Gallagher is not.

Gallaghers biggest problem/fault is he doesn't have a position. He is not skilful or fast enough to be a winger he is not strong enough to be a striker and not energetic enough to be a centre mid.

Beckham was similar but got away with it because he was so good Gallagher is not.

Gallagher is a very good CAM in a three/five man midfield from what I've seen of him.

Where did I say I liked him - I don't particularly.

Fans support players during their time on the pitch. 'Fans' are morons who boo them before they even come on

He doesn't stick a tackle? Some of the best players ever don't... Not saying Gally is ranked amongst them... but it's about a blend of styles, some of the best tacklers ever can't whack a ball in the top corner from 30yards to win a tight game and bring home all 3pts... or keep their cool to score a pen (just ask Danns)

there are criticism to be levelled at Gally just like their is most players, but I think his treatment has been appalling and I'd sooner him be a part of a squad but if he is going then good luck to him, him, his wife & family deserve it

Like I said, I have never ever booed a player before he has come on. There are only a number of times I have booed, but that was after the game, aimed at the team, not an individual.

No he doesn't tackle, but the big thing is, he doesn't try. The only thing I ask of a Leicester City player, regardless of ability, is that they try. Gallagher doesn't even do that. When has he brought us all three points? Once, Palace? Yes he can score goals from 30yards (sometimes, not on a consistent) but that doesn't make up for his other aspects.. Look at Marshall for example, he can score, create and he puts the effort in. We have more than enough players to take penalties, forgetting Danns as well.

He said he wanted to play up top, I recall him getting that chance against Doncaster after Fryatt got injured, yet he still missed a one-on-one. He shouldn't come in and replace any player atm either.

I'm not going to continue debating though, my opinion of Gallagher will never change.

Do you think he deserves to be in our first XI and if so at the expense of whom?

Not at all, but I think he's good enough back-up. That said if his wages are too high I'd be all for him leaving, and I doubt he's going to be motivated enough now, but that's the 'fans' fault.

He said he wanted to play up top, I recall him getting that chance against Doncaster after Fryatt got injured, yet he still missed a one-on-one. He shouldn't come in and replace any player atm either.

Well I remember him scoring a hattrick in a slightly more central role against Scunthorpe, you know if we're going to judge him on the one game like.

Archived