Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Can The Pearson clear out really work? As Beckford looks to leave....

One of those managers was Pearson with a team mostly made up of frees.

Are these players capable of consistency? Bamba was languishing at Hibs, SSL had been relegated at Preston, Mills we got told by Reading fans shone only when on TV and was average in between. Beckford is yet to prove himself consistent for anyone above league one. And Gally has always been one of those players lacking consistency.

I dunno.

Haha, when you put it like that you're right! At the end of the day football is a team game and there has to be the right blend for players to excel and be successful. I am still more than happy with Nugent and Vardy up front, but still want that natural finisher to be added too if Beckford's off.

The so called Sven revolution didn't exactly fail it was killed at birth, you need more time to completely change the football philosophy of a club and he wasn't given it. In much the same way that if Pearson was now sacked he wouldn't have failed as such as his about turn in our football philosophy would also have been halted in it's tracks.

Of course Pearson wants to change the team, just like Sven did to suit how he wants the team to play. I'm not convinced it's about big earners, egos or player inconsistency but more to do with suitability/style.

Instability of management style and team make up is the major cause of inconsistency on the pitch. I've not been a great fan of the Pearson approach, although that looks to be changing but what i want to see is stability of management style through out the club what we don't need after this latest player upheaval is complete is yet another management change especially not to a different style.

This constant player turnaround does my head in and is the biggest de-motivational factor in my continuing support. I had thought/hoped that the bulk of this had happened when I finally decided to renew my ST but no here we go again more changes.

Roll on midnight. Oh and the loan system unless it's done with a view to buy also contributes to this instability and inconsistency and something I also don't like.

The so called Sven revolution didn't exactly fail it was killed at birth, you need more time to completely change the football philosophy of a club and he wasn't given it. In much the same way that if Pearson was now sacked he wouldn't have failed as such as his about turn in our football philosophy would also have been halted in it's tracks.

Of course Pearson wants to change the team, just like Sven did to suit how he wants the team to play. I'm not convinced it's about big earners, egos or player inconsistency but more to do with suitability/style.

Instability of management style and team make up is the major cause of inconsistency on the pitch. I've not been a great fan of the Pearson approach, although that looks to be changing but what i want to see is stability of management style through out the club what we don't need after this latest player upheaval is complete is yet another management change especially not to a different style.

This constant player turnaround does my head in and is the biggest de-motivational factor in my continuing support. I had thought/hoped that the bulk of this had happened when I finally decided to renew my ST but no here we go again more changes.

Roll on midnight. Oh and the loan system unless it's done with a view to buy also contributes to this instability and inconsistency and something I also don't like.

Voice of reason as usual.

Its an interesting one since Pearson came back 14 players have left and its clear that he does not like the squad Sven had assembled but tbh it was more a group of individuals under Sven where as it looks like it will be more of a team under Nigel

Tom Kennedy 31/08/12 Contract Cancelled Mutual Agreement OS

Tom Parkes 23/08/12 to Bristol Rovers OS

Shane Byrne 23/08/12 to Bury OS

Lee Peltier 04/08/12 To Leeds OS

Matt Mills 04/07/12 To Bolton OS

Sol Bamba - 18/06/12 To Trabzonspor £750K OS

John Pantsil - 01/05/12 OS

Elliott Chamberlain, Steve Howard, Matt Oakley, Aleksandar Tunchev, Darius Vassell, Chris Weale - End of Contract Release OS

Franck Moussa 30/05/12 Mutual Agreement OS

I think we can afford to send Beckford out on loan as long as we're not paying his wages. He'll be on a recall if we need him anyway. We can comfortably lose Gallagher & Danns from the squad, but St Ledger at the same time as Kennedy? I hope we've got some defensive cover lined up

Its an interesting one since Pearson came back 14 players have left and its clear that he does not like the squad Sven had assembled but tbh it was more a group of individuals under Sven where as it looks like it will be more of a team under Nigel

Tom Kennedy 31/08/12 Contract Cancelled Mutual Agreement OS

Tom Parkes 23/08/12 to Bristol Rovers OS

Shane Byrne 23/08/12 to Bury OS

Lee Peltier 04/08/12 To Leeds OS

Matt Mills 04/07/12 To Bolton OS

Sol Bamba - 18/06/12 To Trabzonspor £750K OS

John Pantsil - 01/05/12 OS

Elliott Chamberlain, Steve Howard, Matt Oakley, Aleksandar Tunchev, Darius Vassell, Chris Weale - End of Contract Release OS

Franck Moussa 30/05/12 Mutual Agreement OS

It's more than 14. There were a few that left during last season, like Johnson, Fernandes, Ball, etc.

I think we can afford to send Beckford out on loan as long as we're not paying his wages. He'll be on a recall if we need him anyway. We can comfortably lose Gallagher & Danns from the squad, but St Ledger at the same time as Kennedy? I hope we've got some defensive cover lined up

Bolger & Taft? and several more weeks in Whitbread's recovery... We could have plenty of cover at the back, it's the midfield where we don't really have any and IMO Gally & maybe Danns are needed.

Bolger & Taft? and several more weeks in Whitbread's recovery... We could have plenty of cover at the back, it's the midfield where we don't really have any and IMO Gally & maybe Danns are needed.

Great idea .... and if we sell our entire first team and play the youth team instead we'll have young and hungry players, not costing a fortune and be able to be almost debt free within a few years!!!

Not exactly a clear out, Beckford has absolutley no intrest in playing for leicester remember him serenading the leeds fans at home last season let alone his obvious selfish lackluster performances with goals you can count on nearly two hands. The other rumours of players leaving have little impact either, st.ledger is woeful, gallacher doesnt seem happy even when he is picked (last season) the rest are mainly loan deals which should hopefully benefit us in the long run. As for us not trying to get billy sharpe or simon cox before he joined forest thats where the debate should lye.

how can we afford to lose these players if we are not going to bring anyone in . wake up we should be investing not clearing out .

Our problem last year was consistency. This has to stem from having too many inconsistent players.

We've had too many in the team that whilst capable of being excellent at times, too often in between they have stinkers or don't offer enough when off their game. I've seen Mills, SSL, Beckford, Gallagher, to some extent Bamba all put in performances that would rank as 9/10 maybe even the odd 10. But it's no good being excellent one in every 10 games or so, and then being rated 5/6 out of 10 the games in between.

The general feeling on here last year that Kasper, Nugent and Konch were out best performers. Kasper aside the other two might not be as eye catching as a Beckford or a Gallagher when on their game. But they probably pull in more 7/8 out of 10 games and didn't have so many dips in performance.

Their consistency seemed much higher, and when off form generally still offered something else to the team. Vardy looks like he could be one of those players, will he score loads more than Beckford did? Probably not many more. But by the looks of it so far you will get more from him for the team.

Every team can carry one maybe two players whose best only shines now and again but can be great. To me we look like we've been carrying too many of them.

I hope that comes across correctly, I have a stinking headache and it was hard to even write it.

Spot on Babbs

Archived