Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MeltonBlueBoy

Flags/Banners

They told me that I had to have a fire certificate for my flag originally. The week later I found out it wasn't because of that at all the only reason I got asked to take my flag down(I suppose you all remember the thread) was because I was covering a tiny peiece of advertising boards. :/

They told me that I had to have a fire certificate for my flag originally. The week later I found out it wasn't because of that at all the only reason I got asked to take my flag down(I suppose you all remember the thread) was because I was covering a tiny peiece of advertising boards. :/

I remember toronto had similiar problems with banners and advertising boards....the club got rid of the advertising boards so the fans could still bring their banners.

They could be hung over the perspex windows at the back. A few do it in the family stand.

They could be hung over the perspex windows at the back. A few do it in the family stand.

That's where it was hung but apart of it covered the bottom bit of one of the advertising boards at the back, well I say covering the advertising board the sponsor was showing fully but I still got told to take it down. I don't bother taking it home games now.

I had the flag up at Scunthorpe and the stewards helped me put it up was amazed how big the flag was and asked if could have a picture next to it shame out stewards aren't like that.

That's where it was hung but apart of it covered the bottom bit of one of the advertising boards at the back, well I say covering the advertising board the sponsor was showing fully but I still got told to take it down. I don't bother taking it home games now.

I had the flag up at Scunthorpe and the stewards helped me put it up was amazed how big the flag was and asked if could have a picture next to it shame out stewards aren't like that.

Stop taking my flag away because I found more often than not stewards/clubs wouldn't allow me to put it up.

Just got it hanging up in my garage now, waste really.

How much would it cost the club to put a scarf on every seat in the Kop?

Do it for a massive game (say we get into the play offs), can you imagine how awesome the 'We love you' routine would look? It'd make our atmosphere stunning IMO as the WLY chant inspires the fans to start singing.

We'd all get flags in if we wanted to but...

a) Not enough fellow fans speak up when the stewards start acting like cockends

and

b) We give up too easily in this country anyway

It's a crying shame.

exactly.

Another thing is clubs have given out scarves and flags before but they never seem to return for the next game...fans just take them home and thats that....weird.

Do it for a massive game (say we get into the play offs), can you imagine how awesome the 'We love you' routine would look? It'd make our atmosphere stunning IMO as the WLY chant inspires the fans to start singing.

It was the very thing you suggest, free scarves at Southampton, that started the 'we love you' chant so our owners have done it and it does work.

Andy kings and Lloyd dyers 200th appearances are coming up this season.

Some sort of tifo (maybe cards on all the kop seats) would be a nice gesture.

Archived