Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Vardy

we play to get the ball out wide and cross it in as often as possible.

So why the hell do we not play 6ft 5 futacs?

Target men are important in this league......

Grant holt, ricky lambert, carlton cole, jason roberts

Thought this today myself, the way we are playing we need a target man

Because he's shit and cannot head the ball, nor control it, nor pass it, nor shoot.

He happened to score past us last season and on that basis everyone has decided he's the target man of our dreams.

That has never stopped players playing for us before.

I am writing this as a Halifax Town fan.one of Vardy's former clubs. You are not playing to his strengths, he is certainly no centre forward having to deal with high balls into the box. his strength is his lightening speed, he is best deployed wide left. Given a penetrating through ball he will leave defenders for dead. Stick with him because he will becombe your best player given the right service.

I am writing this as a Halifax Town fan.one of Vardy's former clubs. You are not playing to his strengths, he is certainly no centre forward having to deal with high balls into the box. his strength is his lightening speed, he is best deployed wide left. Given a penetrating through ball he will leave defenders for dead. Stick with him because he will becombe your best player given the right service.

Fair comment and I can see how he would have been incredibly effective non-league. We do however have 2 quality wingers who are essential to the teams play (Knockaert, Marshall) and another in Lloyd Dyer who is even quicker than Vardy. Plus 2 pacy strikers in Beckford and Nugent who have a lot more footballing ability than Vardy, he is not worth changing the teams playing style for.

Too fookin right we ain't.....

How on earth is he meant to get on the end of all the high balls?

Ridiculous to have him in the side and to play this way.

Can anyone put this guy in touch with Nigel Pearson?

I like Vardy. He's been our best striker this season, surely? The only one to score a league goal, too. That's why it's someone and Vardy, because everyone else has been shit. How Nugent is still starting above Becks is absolutely mental. He's dropped off his work ethic that people seemed to obsess over comparing the two, and he hasn't scored a goal for 11 (?) games!

Becks and Vardy midweek, please.

I like Vardy. He's been our best striker this season, surely? The only one to score a league goal, too. That's why it's someone and Vardy, because everyone else has been shit. How Nugent is still starting above Becks is absolutely mental. He's dropped off his work ethic that people seemed to obsess over comparing the two, and he hasn't scored a goal for 11 (?) games!

I agree.

However, if we play this pair at least PLAY TO THEIR FOOKIN STRENGTHS!

Less of this get the ball out wide to float the cross into the box please.

Hello everyone.

Felt motivated to get an account after todays match, we are such a strange team its unreal.

About Vardy - everyone can see he really wants to succeed and leaves it all on the pitch which is commendable.

HOWEVER this is the Championship. Effort alone doesn't cut it here, and what Vardy lacks is talent. He has no vision, no close control, poor technique (have never seen him get his head up and look around, never seen him use his left foot for that matter). He is a looking increasingly a headless chicken. You can't teach these things which are basics to succeed at this level and this is why Vardy will eventually be dropped and sold on. He is a L1/2 player. It's a shame he does not have natural talent, because he is giving it all and if someone with the talent of Beckford had his desire, he would light up this league.

SPOT ON.

I agree.

However, if we play this pair at least PLAY TO THEIR FOOKIN STRENGTHS!

Less of this get the ball out wide to float the cross into the box please.

Yep. If you've got strikers who aren't the biggest, it's not hard to realise they're not going to win every ball in the air. Keep it on the deck, utilise their speed and we might just get somewhere.

Futacs will always be a plan B if all else fails, I guess.

Nugent still worked hard today, probably harder than Beckford does on one of the rare games when people are raving about his work rate.

As for bemoaning Nugent's scoring record, it's not good enough at the moment for sure. But Beckford has 1 in 14, he's not exactly banging them in is he? Both are woefully out of form, although given past scoring records at this level (Beckford 9 in 52, Nugent 62 in 184) I know which one I'd be giving long-term backing to.

How many chances does Beckford get to prove he is worth a place in the team?

To be honest, none of the current strikers should be in the team, but we've got to pick from a collection of horribly out-of-form players at the moment. There's a case for changing formation just so that we don't have to play as few of these guys as possible.

Vardy is pretty quick though - we just haven't had much chance to see it, but when (I think it was morgan) hit that clearance over the top, he was pretty quick to get close to it. Probably not Dyer quick, but pretty fast all the same.

We shouldn't be too critical of him just yet. Least he has scored, and almost got a second (the one which was marginally offside).

Nugent still worked hard today, probably harder than Beckford does on one of the rare games when people are raving about his work rate.

As for bemoaning Nugent's scoring record, it's not good enough at the moment for sure. But Beckford has 1 in 14, he's not exactly banging them in is he? Both are woefully out of form, although given past scoring records at this level (Beckford 9 in 52, Nugent 62 in 184) I know which one I'd be giving long-term backing to.

To be honest, none of the current strikers should be in the team, but we've got to pick from a collection of horribly out-of-form players at the moment. There's a case for changing formation just so that we don't have to play as few of these guys as possible.

Thank God we didn't bring JB on today - we might have lost.......

Vardy is pretty quick though - we just haven't had much chance to see it, but when (I think it was morgan) hit that clearance over the top, he was pretty quick to get close to it. Probably not Dyer quick, but pretty fast all the same.

We shouldn't be too critical of him just yet. Least he has scored, and almost got a second (the one which was marginally offside).

Wasn't ;)

Yeah, it is a bit of a dilemma because none of them are performing too well. Vardy's actually scored this season and I've liked what I've seen.

Beckford looked decent paired with him against Peterborough in our first game and I dunno, just think the past few games Nuge has been way below par, he was really bad against Blackpool and from the bit I saw today he looked off form and not up to much. Change it up a bit, see what happens. I'm not saying bringing in Beckford will guarantee a 4-0 win next time out, but Nuge and Vardy isn't working at the moment, depends how patient you want to be with them I guess.

Think he would get more change out of running across the near post rather than defaulting to the far post. He's okay in the air, but at this level defenders are beasts in that department. His strength is his speed. If he made his runs in the box towards the ball / near post, I feel he would probably get there first more than he ever will at the back of the six yard box, giving him more opportunities to net.

Archived