Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Vardy

His work-ethic alone gets him in my team. Will chase that much that in the end, it will create an opportunity. Was unlucky when the ball came over the top, on another day he could have got that and scored (ball slipped away from him).

I know our strikers haven't scored again, certain strikers haven't scored in xx amount of games, but dropping them won't do their confidence any good, in my opinion. Having said that we have Beckford, Schlupp, Futacs and Waghorn waiting.

What's this obsession with Futacs?

When you're biggest plus is that one day you 'might' be as good as Steve Howard you know you're shit.

He is our only target man. The other strikers can't do what he does.

Don't know who suggested that second line, but if he works as hard as Howard did for all his clubs, he will be loved.

I know our strikers haven't scored again, certain strikers haven't scored in xx amount of games, but dropping them won't do their confidence any good, in my opinion.

But you can't have players continually in the starting line up because it 'won't do their confidence any good'. If a striker hasn't scored in 10 games, how on Earth they can continue to be picked is beyond me. We need goals, and fast.

But you can't have players continually in the starting line up because it 'won't do their confidence any good'. If a striker hasn't scored in 10 games, how on Earth they can continue to be picked is beyond me. We need goals, and fast.

I know, that's why I said, 'having said that' and continued to generally say what you just did.

What's this obsession with Futacs?

When you're biggest plus is that one day you 'might' be as good as Steve Howard you know you're shit.

Giving a striker we signed in the summer a chance to play and hopefully change things is an 'obsession'?

Strange.

The thing that confused me today was our continued fookin insistence on getting the ball out wide, to then lob it into two strikers who were probably two of the smallest players on the pitch.

How will this work?

For fooks sake, if we are playing Vardy, Nugent or Beckford at least play to their strengths.

The wolves back two ate up everything that was hurled into the box.

This only changed when Knocky started to make some slide rule passes along the ground. He looked the best of a bad bunch.

This IS NOT about Vardy IMO. It's about how we are playing.

I don't get how this unproven non-league striker has become a certain starter under Pearson. It seems to be who plays with Vardy, and he's done nothing so far that makes him warrant that level of seniority over other players. We've failed to score again today, by which I mean we've failed to score a goal from actually pulling Wolves apart at the back, and Vardy has done nothing to help. He doesn't make amazing runs, he doesn't create space for others. He doesn't have to presence against big defenders either. We have proven strikers at this level in Nugent, Beckford (I know debatable), Futacs. Even Schlupp and Waghorn have shown a little quality at this level, so how has Vardy been propelled above all these in the nailed on starting striker spot? It's not to say he won't become a good player at this level, but I honestly thought when we bought him we would slowly bring him into the team, not throw him straight at the deep end and make him No. striker.

Hello everyone.

Felt motivated to get an account after todays match, we are such a strange team its unreal.

About Vardy - everyone can see he really wants to succeed and leaves it all on the pitch which is commendable.

HOWEVER this is the Championship. Effort alone doesn't cut it here, and what Vardy lacks is talent. He has no vision, no close control, poor technique (have never seen him get his head up and look around, never seen him use his left foot for that matter). He is a looking increasingly a headless chicken. You can't teach these things which are basics to succeed at this level and this is why Vardy will eventually be dropped and sold on. He is a L1/2 player. It's a shame he does not have natural talent, because he is giving it all and if someone with the talent of Beckford had his desire, he would light up this league.

Vardy has been very good, much better than what has gone before.

He was poor today, it just didn't roll for him & in turn he couldn't make it roll for him.

1 poor game in 5, when rest of the team was poor? Vardy OUT!

Bunch of tits only posting when something bad happens or when someone has an uncharacteristically poor game.

The amount of crosses we put in I'd have thought we'd be worth giving Fructas a go, so Fructas & Vardy on Wed for me.

Vardy has been very good, much better than what has gone before.

He was poor today, it just didn't roll for him & in turn he couldn't make it roll for him.

1 poor game in 5, when rest of the team was poor? Vardy OUT!

Bunch of tits only posting when something bad happens or when someone has an uncharacteristically poor game.

What game has he played well in this season?

we play to get the ball out wide and cross it in as often as possible.

So why the hell do we not play 6ft 5 futacs?

Because he's shit and cannot head the ball, nor control it, nor pass it, nor shoot.

He happened to score past us last season and on that basis everyone has decided he's the target man of our dreams.

Archived