Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Table after 8 games last season

5 games though, thats it..... Jesus!!!

Trouble is after 10 games will we be saying "it's only 10 games".......and then 15 games ???

For me we have (NOW) the spring board of 2 home games, which we need obviously to win, because of the massive pressure our away form is putting on our home form.

The crunch two games for me are September 29 Middlesbrough (A) and October 2 Huddersfield (A).

We need points from those games, and a clean sheet or two would not go amiss.

For the record I don't think the owners expected us to be out of the top six all season.

This is what people need to realise, marathon, not a sprint.

This is what people need to realise, marathon, not a sprint.

When was the last time we started a season poorly and acheived? Its early days still but a few more bad results and i think it will take something special to do well.

When was the last time we started a season poorly and acheived? Its early days still but a few more bad results and i think it will take something special to do well.

I'd say 1998/99. We had 5 points after 6 games and ended in 10th.

Not for a long time granted, but I think that there are definite differences in how the team is playing. We will get there. I'd rather us get promoted in a state where we can maintain a PL Spot, instead of getting promoted to come straight back down. If that takes 2 seasons then so be it. Our owners need to break the mould and stand behind NP, so long as we improve at least.

mid table club is what we are. mid table is where we will finish im afraid. cant loose 3 away games on the bounce, that's just fooking poor. we cant score for shit and there inst enough experience in midfield. Morgan is a solid defender but the rest are weak.

So that wasn't glorious FAILURE then?

It's funny how 9th is a great achievement but 5th is FAILURE.

In perspective, it was an achievement to stay up that year, and I would imagine our owners were delighted with it, what with looking like going down again after the failure of the previous season.

Last season was for promotion, whivj Nige did not achieve, and this season is too, but the top 2 usually only lose 7or8 league games in a season . Means we've got to be excellent from now on or this is anotherFAILURE

Reading had done very well the year before though, so their players and management had the confidence that they'd turn things around. History suggests that teams who start badly, rarely challenge for promotion and given our history in recent years that's definitely the case.

Changing manager this early rarely guarantees promotion either so it's a case of just being prepared for another frustrating, miserable season. Love it.

You're quite right in what you say when analysing what's been and gone so far this season.

We've been ok at home (Burton is a game you cannot really count as that was a scratch team) but that said, we were highly fortunate to beat Blackpool - and our other victory over Peterborough was adequate but it is Posh who are probably going to be the season's whipping boys on present evidence. As for all else away from home - narrow, even unlucky in defeat but defeats all the same. It is all turn-able around for sure but it's got to start against Burnley on Wednesday night, not in two months time or so - as by then any promotion aspirations we had will surely be over unless every other team in the league spends the entire season cancelling one another out with draws! I do remember Palace went from the bottom three at Christmas to promotion contenders a few years back. It can be done but is a rare exception to the rule of course like you alluded to.

As for the said case in point, Reading did indeed start last season poorly but as was said, they had all the foundations in place of a good team that had remained from the season before (apart from cough, cough Matt Mills!!), plus it was a team that had lost in the play off final to Swansea the previous season. Although sometimes a team can grow disillusioned and stale together the following season after being losing play off finalists - and Reading's shaky start suggested this might be the case a year ago - somehow they knuckled on down and got it together, big style! Consistency is what's needed in this league- not necessarily brilliance!! It's obvious nobody's going to walk away with the league title this season.

So far the smart money is on this season turning out to be another one of us consolidating our Championship mediocrity in identical fashion to last season, just with returning personnel of course, namely NP and his team!

In perspective, it was an achievement to stay up that year, and I would imagine our owners were delighted with it, what with looking like going down again after the failure of the previous season.

Last season was for promotion, whivj Nige did not achieve, and this season is too, but the top 2 usually only lose 7or8 league games in a season . Means we've got to be excellent from now on or this is anotherFAILURE

And Sven had so little time to manage that as well.

Yes I'm sure they were delighted with 9th place

I am starting to think we were better off with having Sven in charge as laughable as that may seem :(

I've said this on the post Wolves match thread a short time ago, don't get me wrong, Pearson did great for us first time round but that's where his time with us should have remained. He was building is own team at Hull so to then be suddenly thrust back here with a £1million wage packet for the remainder of the season being dangled under your nose, then your mind's not going to be right is it?! In my opinion Sven was not really given a proper chance, looking back - and I think his reputation was his enemy I feel......in that as he was high profile then he was expected to turn us around overnight. Sacking him so early on last season when they did was one of the worst decisions in living memory as a Foxes fan - especially with all the players he'd brought in over the summer to specifically play for him - not with a view to him getting the sack and having the Messiah return to manage his (Sven's) players that he'd (Sven) signed in the main, coupled with Nigel's remnanats from before and a couple of Sousa's newcomers! I feel a bit two faced moaning about all this as I was initially excited at the prospect of Nige returning to cushion the blow of Sven's abrupt dismissal - but I continue to moan because I care for my club!

when was the last time leicester won more than 2 matches in a row, somebody give me that stat!

We won back to back games on only two occasions during the entire last season, they being February 23rd and March 2nd - away at Derby on Sky (0.1) then Cov. 2-0 . The next occasion was then over Easter, we beat Donny Roivers (4.0) on April 7th and Ipswich away (1.2) on April 9th. Those two occasions were our only times we strung together back to back league wins, so little wonder we only finished 9th!

We won back to back games on only two occasions during the entire last season, they being February 23rd and March 2nd - away at Derby on Sky (0.1) then Cov. 2-0 . The next occasion was then over Easter, we beat Donny Roivers (4.0) on April 7th and Ipswich away (1.2) on April 9th. Those two occasions were our only times we strung together back to back league wins, so little wonder we only finished 9th!

He didn't say back to back wins he said more than 2 on the bounce.

Jan 22 2011 to Feb 18 2011 5 wins on the bounce

Millwall home 4-2

Sheff Utd away 1-0

Barnsley home 4-1

Derby away (Yaks goal) 2-0

Bristol City home (Friday night lateish winner) 2-1

I think that's right.

Reading had done very well the year before though, so their players and management had the confidence that they'd turn things around. History suggests that teams who start badly, rarely challenge for promotion and given our history in recent years that's definitely the case.

Changing manager this early rarely guarantees promotion either so it's a case of just being prepared for another frustrating, miserable season. Love it.

History also shows that teams that maybe are outside of the play-offs with 10 games to go, and go on a good run, win the play-offs due to being the form team at the time.

Archived