Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jay_denny123

Weak Leicester side?

Bamba player as in, has a bit of skill in him, international CB.

Im not rating Whitbread after one game, i just dont think he'll suit our play

:crylaugh:

Bamba was a clown, awful positioning and impossible to play with. Look how much more solid our defence has looked since. We're not the Harlem Globetrotters ffs

We've had people operating as "defensive" midfielders - or supplementary spoiling midfielders playing on the wing - in recent years. We were an embarrassment to football and had as much chance of winning anything as a boxer using a pair of sponges for gloves.

King is perfectly capable of fulfilling defensive duties and unlike the Tiatto-types of yesteryear he doesn't give countless daft fouls away, doesn't get booked all the time and doesn't get sent off at all.

Bamba was a character with pace, skill and strength but he was a disaster waiting to happen because there was hardly a game when he didn't go "walkabout" at great risk of costing us a goal.

Thinking right back to the Mickey Adams days this side is way ahead of others in terms of skill, pace and consistency in terms of performance. We pass the ball through the team (for once), we're showing we're capable of scoring the goals we need, we fit enough and fast enough to press the opposition and we're defensively sound enough to restrict even decent opposition to a very limited number of chances.

That we've conceded one or two more than necessary won't matter if and when we start scoring freely ourselves, and we seem to have perfectly reasonable cover for most positions.

Yes, any manager will look for improvements but in comparative terms, comparing our current team with any over the last dozen seasons is like comparing diamonds to cubic zirconia.

True past teams sparkled on odd occasions, but any brilliance was never lasted and was never going to last.

As for Abe he huffed, puffed and if he'd been made of metal he'd have made a great little steam engine. But as a footballer he had far too many limitations and was just a shunter really, passing this way then the other until the main line engines took over.

What about Liam Moore- maybe not week in week out - but was very good early on in the season and will only get better, and if anyone talks his height being an issue..... Great to see a few players coming up through the academy!

Think Moore, Whitbread or St Ledger to partner Morgan is pretty strong - would rather have them than Mills

Just dont think that this is the strongest side that LCFC have fielded in the past few years. Its not bad, but its certainly not a great side. We need at LEAST one centre back to replace Whitbread, because the guy's not great, and Bamba was in a differant league to him. Also, think we need a Defensive/Holding midfielder, as we've not had a decent one since Yuki Abe.

Thoughts?

To put it politely.... You sir, are off your rocker.

Have a good day :)

What about Luke Moore- maybe not week in week out - but was very good early on in the season and will only get better, and if anyone talks his height being an issue..... Great to see a few players coming up through the academy!

Think Moore, Whitbread or St Ledger to partner Morgan is pretty strong - would rather have them than Mills

Definitely, Moore is quality for his age and heard that even the likes of Man United were intrested in him, didn't surprise me. Mills was poor, but still think we need DM, who is trained specifically for a DM. Maybe a Diaby sort of player...?

Yuki Abe what a legend, but saying since Yuki Abe makes it sound like we haven't had a defensive midfielder for years, he only left a couple of months back.

This side isn't as strong as the one, which had Naughton, Vitor and Yakubu etc... but it's still decent in some areas.

Wes Morgan is a fantastic signing, one of our best signings for a while.

But the centre of midfield is still a bit of a worry, while we need to add to the defence because we have no back-up if Whitbread gets injured, and we have no back-up at left back.

However Pearson is happy with the squad, so I suspect the squad will stay the same until January.

The squad may not be as good, but I would much rather have the squad we have now compared to the squad we had under Sven. Fair enough, with Sven's players we had a lot of quality, but the players were good individuals and almost played for themselves.

Looking at us now, Pearson's built/is building a team, a solid unit, and I think that's one of the main things you need to get out of this league. With the possible exception of West Ham, how many teams full of absolute star players have been promoted in the last few seasons?

We've got Schlupp who can cover at LB as well. He might not be a natural there, but he's looked pretty decent the few times he's played there.

i think team is fine in my eyes Naughton, Vitor would help improve our team but thats it for me we seem to be getting a bit more solid we get a lot of chances and strikers are starting to put them away we are becoming a good side and maybe if we can keep our run going we will look back next year and think what a great side.

Way too early to call this side weak - players are only just starting to gel.

It's weak in strength in depth and dynamic options but it's not a weak side yet as players are just coming to the fore - he's trying to build something.

Teams that have that winning mentality need a foundation to build on - that's what's being laid now. Give it 20 games and we'll see where the gaps are - it's easy to shout for defensive midfielder and a replacement for anybody that has bad game on a given day.

Give the man a full season with a pre-season and his own players - the thing SGE never got.

Patience.

Are we really harking back to those glory days of mid table and culturally ignorant songs about dogs?

Our defending hasn't been great so far but it wasn't the best last season or the season before either, and Bamba wasn't free of blame.

Abe was just an average player, he barely had an effect while he was here and I haven't thought of him since he left.

Just dont think that this is the strongest side that LCFC have fielded in the past few years. Its not bad, but its certainly not a great side. We need at LEAST one centre back to replace Whitbread, because the guy's not great, and Bamba was in a differant league to him. Also, think we need a Defensive/Holding midfielder, as we've not had a decent one since Yuki Abe.

Thoughts?

Wait, you're saying Sol Bamba was in a different league to Zak Whitbread?!

jj+jameson+laughing+meme.png

I'm fairly sure this is a wind up, im positive it is, isn't it? surely?

Thinking the exact same thing. No one can really claim that Bamba was a good defender :P A great entertainer maybe but ultimately lacking the consistancy and good decision making a competent centre half requires.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Bamba was in a different league to Whitbread - he was part of a leaky championship defence, letting in goals left, right and centre. Whitbread was playing every week for Norwich in the Premier League, widely regarded as their best player. Bamba was a liability.

Because of his injuries and the fact that he had no pre-season at all, it's going to take a significant amount of time to get him ready for matches and we're going to need to ease him in, but I'm confident he will be a far, far better signing for us than Sol Bamba ever was.

Archived