Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BCFCAndrew

Nearly 12 months has passed....

...since I joined up and gave you all my inside info on Pearson being your next manger. Thought I'd swing by and say hello, see how you feel he's doing and what your prospects are this season?

I personally feel you will hit top 6, and you seem to have little media pressure on you this season...so could work in your favour. You just seem to be quietly going about your business.

Debating whether to make the short trip up in a couple of weeks....think you'll bet us?

Think we'll do ok, potentially near the top

We've won every home game, conceding just 2 goals, but have lost every away game making the same basic errors every game from the way the team is set up to the slow starts, to chasing the game and being hit on the break culminating in 'unlucky' defeats.

Need to see the next away game to gauge really, because if we carry on with no signs of adapting we'll be destined to remain just outside the playoffs better than the past couple of years but below most fan's expectations.

Problem is that it's two incredibly tough away games in Mboro & Huddesfield.

If we can adapt and we can get results away from home then I think there aren't many going to be above us.

...since I joined up and gave you all my inside info on Pearson being your next manger. Thought I'd swing by and say hello, see how you feel he's doing and what your prospects are this season?

I personally feel you will hit top 6, and you seem to have little media pressure on you this season...so could work in your favour. You just seem to be quietly going about your business.

Debating whether to make the short trip up in a couple of weeks....think you'll bet us?

Hello buddy I remember all this well didn't we ask you to come back around now to tell us the inside info on who would be our next manager? Any news? lol

The football we are playing is much more attractive and threatening, last season we laboured in too many games, this season we've certainly had the better of most games, but the away form needs sorting out.

Pearson's made some astute signings and we are a young side with potential. I reckon we'll be in and around the top six.

I felt sorry for sven being sacked i still think he had a lot to offer the club, he had one or two bad results a grant you that, but i still think he had a plan plus the team needed time to gel. When Sven was sacked my reaction was "poor guy, hope the board know what there doing. Hopefully MON to replace him" and for days i did believe he was returning, then one rumour went around that Nigel Pearson was on the shortlist to replace Sven my first reaction was "no chance, didn't leave the club on good terms, also he betrayed us to join hull" when he was announced i thought "not my choice, but still a good name for the club".

I fully do i support Nigel but a couple of weeks ago i'd lost faith in him but until recently my faith in him as come back, during the summer i did believe this will be leicester's season. My only concern he hasn't looked much at the defense where it was clear we we're weak there. plus one or two players he let go in the summer like Gelson Fernandes, Darius Vassell, Lee Peilter, Michael Johnson, Tom Kennedy, Sol Bamba all of them had a good future ahead of them at this club.

I don't yet believe it's our season, I won't believe anything like that until I see us performing on the road consistently as well as at home.

The signs are there, he's put together a better side than last year for me and that's whilst selling as much as he's bought. He's got players tied down who've got absolutely years ahead of them and whilst he was very prone to playing hoofball, he seems to have completely changed his philosophy this season and we're playing some outstanding stuff. Home and away.

We don't have the same capability on the road to grind out results that we had before under him though. I think we've been very unlucky to be fair, but it's results that count and that's something he hasn't delivered on the road.

But I'm a fan. Give him time and he's never failed anywhere, if Hull fans think he did a bad job for them, then they're a deluded bunch of idiots who think they're far better than they are. They were an absolute mess when he joined - when he left he typically had assembled a squad full of talented youngsters and a far smaller wage bill.

He's a class act in the transfer window, he was always good at getting results but his football was never amazing. Nowadays he's still as good in the window (look at Knockaert ffs, amazing player), the results aren't as solid (but it's early days) but the football is easily the best he's ever had us playing.

I don't yet believe it's our season, I won't believe anything like that until I see us performing on the road consistently as well as at home.

The signs are there, he's put together a better side than last year for me and that's whilst selling as much as he's bought. He's got players tied down who've got absolutely years ahead of them and whilst he was very prone to playing hoofball, he seems to have completely changed his philosophy this season and we're playing some outstanding stuff. Home and away.

We don't have the same capability on the road to grind out results that we had before under him though. I think we've been very unlucky to be fair, but it's results that count and that's something he hasn't delivered on the road.

But I'm a fan. Give him time and he's never failed anywhere, if Hull fans think he did a bad job for them, then they're a deluded bunch of idiots who think they're far better than they are. They were an absolute mess when he joined - when he left he typically had assembled a squad full of talented youngsters and a far smaller wage bill.

He's a class act in the transfer window, he was always good at getting results but his football was never amazing. Nowadays he's still as good in the window (look at Knockaert ffs, amazing player), the results aren't as solid (but it's early days) but the football is easily the best he's ever had us playing.

Superb post.

I agree 100%

I've not asked my source anything Leicester related but I can try and find out about any bust ups...

Hello buddy I remember all this well didn't we ask you to come back around now to tell us the inside info on who would be our next manager? Any news? lol

Ian Holloway? ;-)

I felt sorry for sven being sacked i still think he had a lot to offer the club, he had one or two bad results a grant you that, but i still think he had a plan plus the team needed time to gel. When Sven was sacked my reaction was "poor guy, hope the board know what there doing. Hopefully MON to replace him" and for days i did believe he was returning, then one rumour went around that Nigel Pearson was on the shortlist to replace Sven my first reaction was "no chance, didn't leave the club on good terms, also he betrayed us to join hull" when he was announced i thought "not my choice, but still a good name for the club".

I fully do i support Nigel but a couple of weeks ago i'd lost faith in him but until recently my faith in him as come back, during the summer i did believe this will be leicester's season. My only concern he hasn't looked much at the defense where it was clear we we're weak there. plus one or two players he let go in the summer like Gelson Fernandes, Darius Vassell, Lee Peilter, Michael Johnson, Tom Kennedy, Sol Bamba all of them had a good future ahead of them at this club.

Seriously big future ahead of them at this club? Vassell maybe playing masters football, Johnson increasing pie sales at half time. Peltier and Bamba were key contributors to that defense you say Person hasn't lookd at and Kennedy always looked good when he came on but not a youngster and not really ready for week in week of at the top end of the championship.

Sven for me had absolutely no plan what so ever other than what Pearson once (crypitcally) described as "player collecting".

He did it in 2010/11 but with it he brought attractive football and the deadliest home attack in the division. The League table during that season was pretty funny if you take out Sousa's start and only include Sven's reign. For a lot of the season, we'd have actually been top, yet would've only finished 7th, meaning a drop of 1st to 7th from mid-February to the end which would've been nothing short of a disaster had it happened properly. I was frustrated but encouraged with a lot of the football and thought if he brushes up parts of this team we'll absolutely slaughter this division.

But 2011/12 was nowt short of a disaster from Sven, spent even more money, seemed to scrap the attacking mentality in an attempt to sure us up defensively and to be fair, he did improve us at the back yet we were so negative it was utterly embarrassing, for what we had spent I really do think we could've got away with the same attacking mentality we had in the previous year because we really should've had an even stronger team. His plan to me consisted of handing out stupid contracts to players he had a bit of an eye for and who employed agents that had an interest in us (couldn't£££imagine£££why). He had no serious plan about the team at all for me, I don't know how any squad in the world can not have any wingers. Even sides who emphasise on playing through the middle would have wingers in the squad, we had the one - Dyer.

I'm not one for stupid sackings but Sven had to go and even at the time he did. That Millwall game summed up how he was actually getting worse by the month and we couldn't afford to keep someone who was spending money that should fight for Premier League survival and taking us backwards in the Championship.

Him and Sousa's starts were nothing short of a disaster. This start has been very frustrating yet at the same time, about as encouraging as any start I can remember. We've got a cracking side and I'm proud of the amount of young talent we can boast.

Sven for me had absolutely no plan what so ever other than what Pearson once (crypitcally) described as "player collecting".

He did it in 2010/11 but with it he brought attractive football and the deadliest home attack in the division. The League table during that season was pretty funny if you take out Sousa's start and only include Sven's reign. For a lot of the season, we'd have actually been top, yet would've only finished 7th, meaning a drop of 1st to 7th from mid-February to the end which would've been nothing short of a disaster had it happened properly. I was frustrated but encouraged with a lot of the football and thought if he brushes up parts of this team we'll absolutely slaughter this division.

But 2011/12 was nowt short of a disaster from Sven, spent even more money, seemed to scrap the attacking mentality in an attempt to sure us up defensively and to be fair, he did improve us at the back yet we were so negative it was utterly embarrassing, for what we had spent I really do think we could've got away with the same attacking mentality we had in the previous year because we really should've had an even stronger team. His plan to me consisted of handing out stupid contracts to players he had a bit of an eye for and who employed agents that had an interest in us (couldn't£££imagine£££why). He had no serious plan about the team at all for me, I don't know how any squad in the world can not have any wingers. Even sides who emphasise on playing through the middle would have wingers in the squad, we had the one - Dyer.

I'm not one for stupid sackings but Sven had to go and even at the time he did. That Millwall game summed up how he was actually getting worse by the month and we couldn't afford to keep someone who was spending money that should fight for Premier League survival and taking us backwards in the Championship.

Him and Sousa's starts were nothing short of a disaster. This start has been very frustrating yet at the same time, about as encouraging as any start I can remember. We've got a cracking side and I'm proud of the amount of young talent we can boast.

Top post. I was itching to reply to that post, but you've already said all I was going to say, and much more.

Oh, apart from the bit about Gelson Fernandes, Darius Vassell, Lee Peilter, Michael Johnson, Tom Kennedy and Sol Bamba having a good future ahead of them at this club. Fernandes I think left before NP returned. Vassell is surely not far off retirement. Peltier and Bamba proved time and time again that they are unreliable defenders at this level. Kennedy only played a handful of games and he's not a young player. Fat Johnno?! Seriously? It would have been nice to have kept Gelson, but that was never going to happen, and apart from him, none of those players had a good future here. I don't think we've lost any players since NP returned that I wish we'd kept. The squad is much, much better now than it was this time last year. It's probably about half the price, as well. The average age is lower, and we've actually got some wingers now.

Top post. I was itching to reply to that post, but you've already said all I was going to say, and much more.

Oh, apart from the bit about Gelson Fernandes, Darius Vassell, Lee Peilter, Michael Johnson, Tom Kennedy and Sol Bamba having a good future ahead of them at this club. Fernandes I think left before NP returned. Vassell is surely not far off retirement. Peltier and Bamba proved time and time again that they are unreliable defenders at this level. Kennedy only played a handful of games and he's not a young player. Fat Johnno?! Seriously? It would have been nice to have kept Gelson, but that was never going to happen, and apart from him, none of those players had a good future here. I don't think we've lost any players since NP returned that I wish we'd kept. The squad is much, much better now than it was this time last year. It's probably about half the price, as well. The average age is lower, and we've actually got some wingers now.

When you say bamba and peltier are unreliable defenders, are defence still have them stupid silly mistakes. and has not improved.

When you say bamba and peltier are unreliable defenders, are defence still have them stupid silly mistakes. and has not improved.

Might be worth trying the CB partnership that I'm certain Pearson planned to have playing for most of the season (Whitbread/Morgan) before saying that.

Fact is, Sven did bring in some good players but he also brought in alot of average players, most of which were on big wages.

He tried his best and i cant fault him for that but he tried to make things happen too quickly instead of building a side and giving it time.

NP is slowly building a good, young and ambitious team that will only improve plus our balance is far better than it was 12 months ago

I was very frustrated and pissed off by the lack of progress last season, even after bringing in players in the January window, I thought the second half of the season was wasted with mostly the same old players playing the same old rubbish....... :thumbdown:

I was encouraged by the shakeup during the summer and more so by the clear intent, this season, to play some adventurous attacking football....... :thumbup:

I am now slightly disappointed in NFP's reluctance to really take advantage of the options offered by the new squad, he still does not have us set up correctly and it seems to me that some defensive basics are being neglected....... :thumbdown:

Supporting City under NFP is a somewhat schizophrenic experience, both over time and day to day, with good and bad things happening more or less at the same time, difficult to know whether to applaud or complain....... :dunno:

Archived