Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Dishonored

Anyone thinking of getting this, looks very good and is getting high reviews out on the 12th of October.

Welcome to Dunwall, a city where steampunk technology meets the mystic arts. Welcome to Dishonored.

Dishonored is an exciting twist on the first-person action genre, offering a variety of powers and weapons in place of the traditional shooting. Once the bodyguard for the empress you were framed for her murder, and now use your abilities to seek revenge, and expose the darkness within the city.

Dishonored boasts a flexible combat system that means you can play the game as a stealthy assassin or an aggressive killer. This challenges you to improvise and be creative with the powers and weapons you use, from teleportation, to possession, to stopping time itself. And each choice you make will affect the world around you, and the way you move through that world.

Yes this is on the hit list.

This, RE6 (which is superb so far) and Assassins Creed 3. Must buys IMO.

Then it all goes quiet until Bioshock and Dead Space 3 next year.

Reviews are decent and praise the open gameplay. However, there are only nine missions and someone is boasting that they beat the game in four hours.

Yep, I've been looking forward to this for ages. Think I'll be stealthing it first time round.

Looking forward to possessing a few rats and sneaking up on people.

Yea stealth ninja mode should be good lol.

Reviews are decent and praise the open gameplay. However, there are only nine missions and someone is boasting that they beat the game in four hours

Hopefully it last longer than 4 hours can't stand short games epecailly when they have two years or more to produce them.... Altough a lot of these people who complete the game fast either rush through it or play the whole game in one day, which is pretty pointless.

Halo 4 ?

Reviews are decent and praise the open gameplay. However, there are only nine missions and someone is boasting that they beat the game in four hours.

Does it have difficulty settings? By the sounds of it your dumped in 9 different sand boxes and given a target to eliminate, whack the difficulty down to easy and blast your way through each one in 30 - 40 minutes its probably possible, totally defeats the object like.

Dishonored has different difficulty settings, so it gives everyone a decent challenge.

Didn't hear an awful lot about this game beforehand, it sort of sneaked its way onto the scene through the back door, but the reviews are very favorable in general.

Watched both the reviews on Gamespot and IGN and, as a consequence, have put this on my to-buy list.

downloaded this for the PC last night, hooked up the 360 controller and had it playing on through the TV. Very impressed with the game so far played about an hour although as my laptop isn't made for gaming so it lags up a bit, will be buying the 360 version tomorrow.

I explore everything thoroughly and take all the sidequests I can. I've played about ninety minutes I think and I've only just gotten blink.

I'm the same. I'll try and find all ammo, resources etc available. There's several ways to approach each mission and several routes that can be taken, especially when you get Possesion. There's also several runes and bone charms on each mission and it's worth getting as many as possible early on to unlock powers sooner.

Got this yesterday played about 3 hours last night very impressed so far, keeps you wanting to play more which is good.

One thing I was wondering are you able to take off the arrows which lead you to everything ? I think it would be better if I had to find everything myself? I've got it on Hard mode currently.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think your far off with that. Immensely enjoyable game with an interesting plot. Think I'm coming up to the last legs though :(

It's not until you finish this that you realise how many ways it can go, and how different you can play the whole thing! Unlike some I thought the ending was good and even in this, it emphasises my point at the re play value. So I'd suggest saving and replaying the last level in particular! Awesome!

Got this yesterday played about 3 hours last night very impressed so far, keeps you wanting to play more which is good.

One thing I was wondering are you able to take off the arrows which lead you to everything ? I think it would be better if I had to find everything myself? I've got it on Hard mode currently.

Yeah, they're in the options menu, there's a whole section for the interface so you can turn on and off the icons for various stuff seperately.

Played a couple of hours last night, good, clear to see where it's infleunces come from though (Half Life 2, Theif, Bioshock)

Wouldn't say its a problem that its clearly been influenced by some classics, personally. Its amazing in the way it takes exactly the right ideas from the right souces, then ties them together so well and with its own style.

Archived