Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

City or County

Do you come from the city or county to watch city?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. as above

• city
    • county
    • neither

Technically Wigston is outside Leicester, but there's no discernable gap (much like Oadby, Blaby, Glenfield, Thurmaston and countless other "towns"), but if anyone asks me where I'm from I always say Leicester. So I'm not sure what I am.

Technically Wigston is outside Leicester, but there's no discernable gap (much like Oadby, Blaby, Glenfield, Thurmaston and countless other "towns"), but if anyone asks me where I'm from I always say Leicester. So I'm not sure what I am.

I'm Wigston too. It's a strange one because it's just out the city but you wouldn't feel you're in with them county folk. From here to town are nothing but buildings but behind me are nothing but fields.

Having a bit of a debate regarding where fans attending the games come from, the city or county.

I'm talking about where you reside not where you were born. Ie I was born at LRI but live in coalville, so will vote county.

I predict the majority will be from the county as opposed to city

Go for it

Looks like I was massively wrong then! lol

Didn't realise how many people lived in the county, assumed that our fans would naturally be concentrated in the city.

I'm Wigston too. It's a strange one because it's just out the city but you wouldn't feel you're in with them county folk. From here to town are nothing but buildings but behind me are nothing but fields.

I'm a Newton Laner. Left is rural, Right is urban.

Grandad - City

Dad - City

Born Kettering and (obviously) went to games from outside.

Moved to OZ (Adelaide) - didnt (obviously) go to games.

Moved to Measham - County

Moved to Brum - Outside

Back to OZ (Perth) - :cry:

Grandad - City

Dad - City

Born Kettering and (obviously) went to games from outside.

Moved to OZ (Adelaide) - didnt (obviously) go to games.

Moved to Measham - County

Moved to Brum - Outside

Back to OZ (Perth) - :cry:

That's a hell of a come down, Australia to Measham. We must surely know some of the same people. How old are you?

Looks like I was massively wrong then! lol

Didn't realise how many people led in the county, assumed that our fans would naturally be concentrated in the city.

Well it's not the best data it only shows a small % of our support but Dont underestimate us hillbillies!

I'm surprised at the number of people from outside the county though I.must admit.

If the club surveyed everyone at a game I'd expect the County one to extend some more, with the Neither option tailing off to be around the same as city option.

That's a hell of a come down, Australia to Measham. We must surely know some of the same people. How old are you?

Im near enough to 50....Measham was lovely, just a sweet pleasant town, but we were only there about 9 months... if you want to talk come downs lol.. focus on Birmingham :thumbup: (damn how much do i wish i was there this weekend though :( )

Didnt get to know a lot of folk in that time..although i was playing in a friendly 7 aside kick around at the Measham rec centre. The only time in my life ive played in snow and ice :o

edit, just noticed you were born in Coalville.. as was my wife (dont!) :) but she left there 45 years ago lol... still have rellies in that fine town though :)

Im near enough to 50....Measham was lovely, just a sweet pleasant town, but we were only there about 9 months... if you want to talk come downs lol.. focus on Birmingham :thumbup: (damn how much do i wish i was there this weekend though :( )

Didnt get to know a lot of folk in that time..although i was playing in a friendly 7 aside kick around at the Measham rec centre. The only time in my life ive played in snow and ice :o

edit, just noticed you were born in Coalville.. as was my wife (dont!) :) but she left there 45 years ago lol... still have rellies in that fine town though :)

We used to.play down Measham leisure centre on a Friday night when we couldn't get the astro-turf in coalville or ashby.

Well we must.know some of the same people then. Everyone knows everyone in coalville. Some even say everyone's related in coalville!

We used to.play down Measham leisure centre on a Friday night when we couldn't get the astro-turf in coalville or ashby.

Well we must.know some of the same people then. Everyone knows everyone in coalville. Some even say everyone's related in coalville!

I was playing on a Monday night..and occasionly Thursday, but it wasnt a serious competition.. just a bunch of old farts :)

Given my wifes rellies.. and my couple of walks through the mall there... id agree with the everyones related :)

I was born in Loughborough, so theoretically had a choice of watching City, Forest, Derby County or (if you wanted to be really "alternative" as one of my schoolmates was) Notts County. Just so happened I was taken to see City as a present for passing the 11+, and that was me hooked.

What's strange is that I moved to London ten years after that, and for the next 35 years lived closer to any London club than I ever lived to City: When we got married, our first flat was three streets west of Loftus Road, and when we moved to South London we lived within a couple of miles of Palace, Wimbledon, Chelsea, Fulham and the rest. But I never had any interest in supporting any of these "local" clubs: once you've got the bug, you can't lose it.

Archived